En-Light-ening

aquarius7000

Hi and Namaste,

Saw something interesting, so thought would share
http://video.themuslimtimes.org/?p=34

Hopefully, one day, this creation of God, man, will understand that Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism... are simply various paths to reach Him.

Happy Easter and peace across the globe

:)AQ7

Virinchi

FYI, there was never a religion called hinduism.
Others named it after indus valley civilization, just to seperate themselves from people in that country.

Infact hinduism (what everyone calls as) is not a religion but Dharma (for which there is no equivalent meaning in english)

*emma*

Banned
Sorry but why does anyone feel the need to cut words up? The word is enlightening NOT en lighten ing .... Whats the problem? And for YOUR information God has nothing at all to do with all the measly religions trying reach him...God would be ASHAMED if he had humanly characteriatics to be associated with any of them........and all the evil and carnage they do in his name..................Islam? Christianity? Judaism? Pah?....cutting up words and giving new meaning is a cult problem, do look inthe mirror and run away.....end of the day being enliightened means u se thru religion and see it for the farce it is.....cheers...you want to talk enlifhtenment? There is only ONE ENLIGHTENMENT.....and its called PEOPLE thinking for themselves, cheers, oh osbefore ur friends chqnt iniversal brotherhood maybe if they stop their bombing fisrt might help doh......... [deleted attacking remarks - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Sorry but why does anyone feel the need to cut words up? The word is enlightening NOT en lighten ing .... Whats the problem? And for YOUR information God has nothing at all to do with all the measly religions trying reach him...God would be ASHAMED if he had humanly characteriatics to be associated with any of them........and all the evil and carnage they do in his name..................Islam? Christianity? Judaism? Pah?....cutting up words and giving new meaning is a cult problem, do look inthe mirror and run away.....end of the day being enliightened means u se thru religion and see it for the farce it is.....cheers...you want to talk enlifhtenment? There is only ONE ENLIGHTENMENT.....and its called PEOPLE thinking for themselves, cheers, oh osbefore ur friends chqnt iniversal brotherhood maybe if they stop their bombing fisrt might help doh......... [deleted quote of attacking remarks - Moderator].

Clearly you are not familiar with Quakers.

Quakers have just one piece of theology: You must believe that "there is that of God in everything", and you can use your own definition of God, and if you say you believe in that in some way, you are in. Quakers have no priest hood, and there are no rituals.

Services consist of waiting in silence in Meeting For Worship until God(or whatever you personally define as God, which you don't have to share) speaks to you personally out of the silence. You can speak or not as the Spirit moves you or doesn't. The assembled group believes that whatever is shared comes from this source is important for everyone.

There are also 10 questions called Testimonies, but they are only offered in for form of questions for you personally to think about. Quakers are a protected pacifist group, so that a member of such in even a war monger country like the USA, would get an automatic conscientious objection even when everyone went such as WW2. However, just because you are a Quaker doesn't mean that you won't fight. Its up to the individual.

That's it, boys and girls.

Z

P.S.: I am a Quaker.
P.S.S.: Certain Taoists believe much the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsontc

Staff member
the wisdom of cutting words up, to emma

emma,

You said:
...why does anyone feel the need to cut words up?

There is a long history of "cutting words up" to look for meeting. The Kabbalah comes to my mind (from Wikipedia):
As early as the 1st century BCE Jews believed that the Torah (first five books of the Hebrew Bible) and wider canonical texts contained encoded messages and hidden meanings. Gematria is one method for discovering its hidden meanings. Each letter in Hebrew also represents a number; Hebrew, unlike many other languages, never developed a separate numerical alphabet. By converting letters to numbers, Kabbalists were able to find a hidden meaning in each word. This method of interpretation was used extensively by various schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah

Cutting up,

Tim

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Mmm interesting topic...

I feel problems only occur when one feels one is right over another. We are all different, with our own ways of reaching 'God', each one of us on our own paths. No one is right or wrong, we just are.

I thought today on the bus (where I seem to spend half my life lately), I want to see past the surface and to the core/soul more than I currently do. Pain and problems occur when I get stuck on the surface, seeing the top, which can apply to anything... from looking at and judging a person's way of standing, to reading a philosophy - but to see beyond this is where the real gem of understand happens. Looking past a persons appearance, beliefs, colour, sex, clothes, even wealth to see to their soul, this is what I am aiming for anyway. Maybe I am just looking for my own soul also...

aquarius7000

Hi,

NR, appreciate your way of thinking as to looking deeper into people. I think our minds are so biased and coloured that we are all too ready sometimes to hastily mis-judge people.
...Maybe I am just looking for my own soul also...
From the very little that I have read in this regard, The Bhagavad Gita is highly recommendable. It extensively talks about the soul and the Supersoul. It also talks about the soul being the consciousness (hence life itself) in the body of every living creature.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Another en-Light-ening moment to be shared..

564747_10151562191399309_2137452854_n.jpg