Elements & the Four Seasons

SagSun05

In case some of you didn't know, the 4 elements each correspond with one of the seasons:

Fire: Summer
Earth: Winter
Air: Spring
Water: Autumn

In my own chart, the influences the elements have on me is as follows, from strongest to weakest: Fire, Air, Water/Earth (both have equal influence). Summer is my favorite season, followed by Spring, and I simply cannot stand the cold Autumn and Winter.

What I'm trying to get at is does anyone else have a favorite season that corresponds to a dominant element and a least favorite season that corresponds with a weak element.

I find this sort of discussion to be fascinating. :)

waybread

What is the source of your information? It is an intriguing idea, but I wonder......

Conventional astrology alternates the elements around the zodiac. For example, Aries, a fire sign, begins the Spring equinox.

My favourite season is the Indian summer that usually corresponds with the sun in Virgo or early Libra in temperate climates in the northern hemisphere. I have only one water planet, however, and earth is less-represented than air and fire in my chart.

Last edited:

Damo Mayo

I have only one water planet, however, and earth is less-represented than air and fire in my chart.

But it you have only one planet in a particular element, does that not make that planet a singleton and therefore very powerful and important and possibly a focus for much of the energy in your chart?

waybread

But it you have only one planet in a particular element, does that not make that planet a singleton and therefore very powerful and important and possibly a focus for much of the energy in your chart?

I think it's possible, but my Mars conjuncts my sun in Aquarius, trines my Uranus/MC in Gemini, and is opposed by Saturn in Virgo. With this air/earth configuration, it doesn't act in a very singleton fashion so far as I can determine. But hey, we recently bought a canoe, and now have a new focus for some water-based (Pisces) recreation (5th house.)