Eating Disorder in Natal Chart

aquarius7000

Hi,
...My eating's disordered,and my moon's pretty strong in the 7th house in Cancer....
I think it may have to do with the Moon being in Cancer (hypersensitive to what it feels, and only emotions regulate its functioning). You have to see the current transits and progs, too.

Not sure it has much to do with a natal Moon-Chiron constellation.

:)AQ7

Fiona

Appetite (for food) has to do with Venus and Jupiter; pleasure (and "hang-ups" regarding pleasure) with Venus especially; fear (like becoming fat) with Mars and, to a lesser extent, with Saturn; alternating states (like bulimia alternating with anorexia) are principally connected with the "great periodic", the Moon; the often hidden, unclear nature of the complex of drives and motivations and conflicts behind chronic eating disorders, has a Neptune connection (and, perhaps also, a connection with Uranus as well-all "mysterious", hard to pin-down pathologies, are more or less affinitive to Uranus and Neptune) Issues connected with self-worth (often involved in eating disorders) are affinitive to the Sun (self-image, to Venus, somewhat also to the Sun; body image, to Venus and Jupiter)

In the natal, detriments and disruptive aspectual (conjunctional and declinational) relationships involving these planets, conjunctions (and Parallels) of these planets with disruptive stars, or connection of these planets with certain Lots (such as the Lot of Chronic Illlness), MIGHT be indicative of a susceptibility to develop problems expressed through eating disorders.

Hi i have anorexia since december 2016 or January 2017, my birth details 13/08/1999 14:20 (2.20pm) chennai, india.
Can u pls tell me what planet/alignments in my birth chart caused this?

Claire19

you need to post a chart with the transits on it. Astrodienst is a site for all sorts of free charts.

I will say that eating disorders would be with the Moon and Saturn aspects and if bingeing then Jupiter in the mix. Food and diet belong to the 6th house but 4th house can be involved as well as the 1st.
'For our undoing or neurotic behaviour we look at the 12th. It can be complex.

What about princess Diana? What does her chart reveal about her ED?

Appetite (for food) has to do with Venus and Jupiter; pleasure (and "hang-ups" regarding pleasure) with Venus especially; fear (like becoming fat) with Mars and, to a lesser extent, with Saturn; alternating states (like bulimia alternating with anorexia) are principally connected with the "great periodic", the Moon; the often hidden, unclear nature of the complex of drives and motivations and conflicts behind chronic eating disorders, has a Neptune connection (and, perhaps also, a connection with Uranus as well-all "mysterious", hard to pin-down pathologies, are more or less affinitive to Uranus and Neptune) Issues connected with self-worth (often involved in eating disorders) are affinitive to the Sun (self-image, to Venus, somewhat also to the Sun; body image, to Venus and Jupiter)

In the natal, detriments and disruptive aspectual (conjunctional and declinational) relationships involving these planets, conjunctions (and Parallels) of these planets with disruptive stars, or connection of these planets with certain Lots (such as the Lot of Chronic Illlness), MIGHT be indicative of a susceptibility to develop problems expressed through eating disorders.

GemiLeo90

I have quite an unhealthy body image.I too get obsessed with the way I look and I've been quite complacent due to exams,or else I make sure I work out every day,and I'm careful about what I eat.I think it'd be more to do with the aspects saturn make,don't you think? This generation is quite obsessed with weight loss and body image (the waif look being favoured quite a lot,and anyone in the public who's above a size 6 is slated).

Hey there, totally agree with you.
I'm generation Saturn in Capricorn, mine is in 6th house receiving a Trine from Venus in Taurus 10th but also opposite Jupiter and Chiron in the 12th.
Ever since I got into puberty I've been struggling with my body image and binge eating. I stress a lot about it and even when I lose weight (which usually happens when I'm in love or suffer from love) I can't see myself beautiful. It's kind of impossible to me, always.

Tbh all of this is really distressing to me because I feel like it's completely pointless the fact of having good dignity for all these planets (Saturn in Capricorn, Venus in Taurus, Jupiter in Cancer! Mars in Aries). Looks like this is useless since they sit in challenging houses (6th, 12th) and make hard aspects to each other (Saturn Uranus and Neptune opposite Jupiter; Mars square Saturn and Jupiter; Venus trine Saturn but hey where's the good effect of this one?!)

Osamenor

Staff member
What correlates with an eating disorder can vary a lot. What it comes down to is what the impetus behind developing the eating disorder was. Body image plays a part, disempowerment plays a part, but what exactly that looks like can be different for different people, in their charts and in how it plays out in their lives.

Here's an example from this forum of how the birth chart correlated with anorexia for one individual: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119669

Other people with anorexia may have different chart placements indicating similar things. And, of course, if we're looking at binge eating or bulimia, rather than pure anorexia, there would probably be some different indicators involved.

ElenaJ

The importance of the 2nd house, its ruler and aspects, shouldn't be overlooked.
It covers self esteem, food intolerances, food in general as "feeding" the soul and self image.