Earthquake in Haiti

astro09

As I have been on this website, I learned Haiti has just suffered a strong earthquake; an event not common there. At this time the information coming from Haiti is very limited. On CNN there are reports of a Hospital and the Presidential Palace destroyed; and, fear that it is catastrophic.. This is a neighbor country in the Caribbean. A Tsunami might still be a possibility.It is a very poor one; the infrastructure there is inadequate as well.

Apparently, the Dominican Republic has also been affected—probably with a lesser effect
Does anyone would like to comment on this? Any correlation with astrology?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Astro09, Yes I woke up to this news too.I'm thinking of the proximity of the eclipse on the 15th.Often associated with natural disasters.
Here's what happened to China in 08:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10696&highlight=china+eclipse

According to our news the Haiti one is 7. on the Richter scale. The poorest nation pretty much in the West.
As I mentioned in another thread, the jupiter/neptune could certainly produce a tsunami somewhere.
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/ASE2010/ASE2010.html

Scary.
Lilly

astro09

Lilly,
That is my thinking too. The closer to the date of the eclipse the strongest the effect; as I understand it.

Good thing, the possibility of a Tsunami is eliminated.

I have to tell you, I was working on a replying on your post of your friend/s death (whose dead was related to a Tsunami)....when I learned of the eartquake and the possibility of a Tsunami at that time....

gemini59

I tried to pull up a chart 4:53 pm (GMT 2153)
The ascendant looks like Cancer 14: 56.
I do not see anything remarkable accept
Saturn stationing at the bottom of the chart 4 degrees from the IC
South node 4 degrees from the AC
Mercury retrograde square MC less 2 degrees from the 6 th house
Pluto square Saturn in the 6th house
Jupiter and Neptune in the 8th Jupiter is sesqui the ASC by one degree
We know that the moon squaring Uranus today.
I find this odd...I know that there are many earthquakes everyday but first I here of Alaskas Mt. Helen rumbling, a 5. something in California and then this.
I can not imagine what is happening there. It makes me want to jump on a boat to help.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi-Does anyone have the Birth chart of Haiti? Couldn't find it online..If so can you please post the chart?
Cheers
Lilly

TheWalkingSeed

Haiti, January 1, 1804, 7:00am in Gonaives. Independence from France. Sun at Lunar Eclipse. Saturn return square Natal Mars with Pluto conjunct Natal Mars

07.Re

Haiti, January 1, 1804, 7:00am in Gonaives. Independence from France. Sun at Lunar Eclipse. Saturn return square Natal Mars with Pluto conjunct Natal Mars

Welcome to the forum TheWalkingSeed and thanks for the info :)

Lilly, hereunder is the birth chart

Attachments

• astro_2gw_73_haiti_68870_16844.jpg
    astro_2gw_73_haiti_68870_16844.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 44

07.Re

4:53pm - The exact time of the quake:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_74_haiti_exact_time_69928_14284.jpg
    astro_2gw_74_haiti_exact_time_69928_14284.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 44

07.Re

I tried to pull up a chart 4:53 pm (GMT 2153)
The ascendant looks like Cancer 14: 56.
I do not see anything remarkable accept
Saturn stationing at the bottom of the chart 4 degrees from the IC
South node 4 degrees from the AC
Mercury retrograde square MC less 2 degrees from the 6 th house
Pluto square Saturn in the 6th house
Jupiter and Neptune in the 8th Jupiter is sesqui the ASC by one degree
We know that the moon squaring Uranus today.
I find this odd...I know that there are many earthquakes everyday but first I here of Alaskas Mt. Helen rumbling, a 5. something in California and then this.
I can not imagine what is happening there. It makes me want to jump on a boat to help.

Sirius is on the Ascendant too. Although its supposed to be a fortunate star, it has the effect of Mars / Jupiter.

gemini59

I am not much up on Mundane but it is striking that the natal mars is in an earth sign and in the 12th of things hidden or underneath, confined and it is joined by Chiron and the sun. Mars rules the 4th house of environment/family . We also see Mars joined to Jupiter by sextile which indicates this tendency to large/ expansive/expanding events of a mars earth type.
I feel this overwhelming emotional response to this event as I am sure all of us do.
That morning felt so odd as if everything was off and I was trying to maintain my balance from yoga that morning till the afternoon. I ran into another social worker who commented how off the day had been for her and her husband. Wrecks on the way to work, everything sort of out of kelter and a constant need to readjust.
Oh my the AC axis of the country was almost exactly opposite the Ac of the quake...how very odd.
Mars transit inconjunct the natal mercury on the cusp of the AC and rules the 6th.
The secret may lie with Jupiter as it is a few degrees from an opposition to the moon. I am not sure why. But if so when Jupiter is exactly opposite I wonder if it will complete this cycle of quakes. The moon rules the ascedant of the quake chart, it is sextile transiting jupiter, it rules the natal 12th where we see this power house stellium in the earth. The moon is in the 8th and is in its own sextile with the moon.
I suspect this is the trigger though Pluto with mars is the tension building.
The charts are so uncanny.

Culpeper

Premium Member
Thank you Gemini59 for the time of the earthquake. Astrometeorology is the branch of Astrology that studies earthquakes, and eclipse charts are the primary tool although an event chart of the quake is very helpful. Since I have a long weekend ahead, I will try to up load the mundane charts of the disaster if another member does not ahead of me.

However, in an earthquake chart look for square or opposition aspects between Saturn and Mercury. In both charts for Haiti there is a close square between these planets. They are both retrograde and very malefic and in the event chart powerful Saturn is in the 4th house of earthquakes.

The eclipse of the 15th is in Capricorn. Saturn is lord of the eclipse, and its square aspect with Mercury very prominent. Saturn is in the 12th house where it joys in havoc and destruction. Venus, the lord of the 12th, is in the same degree as the eclipse where it is accidentally malefic. The 12th house is among other things the source of harmful events that take us by surprise.

In traditional mundane charts, profections are used as the timing method. The eclipse is in the 3rd house. The earthquake was four days before the eclipse so count back clockwise four signs/houses inclusive. This brings us to Libra and the 12th house where Saturn is found. In this way it is possible to look for dangerous days on either side of an approaching eclipse and try to take precautions.

aquarius7000

Hi all, and thanks, 07Re for all the data and charts!

I would like to put down a few, quick observations, which I think were esp. relevant.

Haiti is in its Saturn-return period. Then, the currently stationary Saturn in the sky is in a tight square to Haiti's Mars, which rules its IC (IC is the point of fate of a country and its people). Btw, it is said that a planet, when stationary, has a more powerful impact.

Then, that Cap Pluto also had a big role to play. It has been transiting Haiti's 12th house and is now over the natal Sun-Mars-Chi trio. Hence, the IC ruler, Mars, is being very closely aspected by Plu (destruction and devastation). Plu also is equally tightly squaring Haiti's Asc ruler, Sat. It is also only about 6° away from its conj to Haiti's Sun in the unfortunate 12th house (associated esp with homeless people, sorrow, sad events and the like). Haiti's Moon (significator of the common people in Mundane Astro) is also poorly placed in the house of death and loss, the 8th, and is also being trined by that Plu. Those who use Chiron (wound) will also note that tr-Plu is in a 0° conjunction to Haiti's natal Chi.

Mars, often said to be involved in earthquakes and accidents and a trigger in most situations, is almost exactly aspecting natal Ura (a famous Ura-Mars accident aspect). It might also be important to note that the so-considered fateful nodes are also slowly but surely closing in on the Asc (North node conj and South node in opp, respectively). So, lots came together.

Very sad event, right at the start of the year.

AQ7

Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
the right chart for Haiti

This must be the right chart for Haiti - the first thing that comes to mind when I think at the country is woodoo black magic: in this chart Lilith is culminating... (as opposed to the midnight chart, took by Lynn from the Book of World Horoscopes as she says on her site).

Plus, the destructive Pluto-Saturn transiting square triggering the natal Saturn-Mars square, with Saturn being the Ascendant ruler and Mars being the 4th house ruler is totally specific for the Haitian tragedy of these days.

Mars had its retrograde station on the 8th house cusp of the chart...

so everything clicks in place

tikana

hey guys

we have earthquakes every day. there was another quake in kurill islands 6.0 something today

i wonder if cartography would shine a light why quakes happen when they do.

I lived through 6.7 ... 7.0 has a def much stronger thrust. We had little number of deaths cause our buildings are built to withstand the shaking. Haitian buildings are cement and probably cement wash.
6.5 quake just hit Eureka No deaths reported.

T

dperez3894

The earthquake occuring during Haiti's Saturn Return makes perfect sense.

The 9/11 attacks took place during the Saturn Return for the World Trade Center which was opened to the public on April 4th, 1973.

The Saturn return for the Haiti earthquake was in Libra(Scales, Justice, Karma), an Air Sign. Haiti apparently gained their independence from France through the use of a voodoo curse and according to what I've read, Haiti has been cursed ever since with poverty, misery and destruction(i.e. Karma). Libra symbolized Haiti's karma.

The Saturn return for the World Trade Center on 9/11 was in Gemini(Twins), also an Air sign. Gemini symbolized the Twin Towers.

Saturn returns for countries and landmarks could likely foretell disaster depending on what sign they fall in, and what the sign symbolizes.

Culpeper

Premium Member
To see the eclipse chart for 15 January 2010 for Port-au-Prince click on this link:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=25&pictureid=780

There are many similarities between the eclipse chart and the founding chart of Haiti. Thank you TheWalkingSeed for the Haiti data.

Also in the eclipse chart the modern planet Neptune is in the 4th house, square the ascendant, and both are in the 25th degree of their signs. Neptune of mythology is the author of earthquakes.

E

eternalautumn

Haiti just got hit with a 6.1 aftershock at 6:03 am EST, apparently 59 kilometers west of Port-au-prince. I'm so sad. =[

Last edited: