Each sign is a contradiction of the previous one.

ScorpioCrow

Using the main traits/principles of each sign:

Aries - Taurus: War - Peace.
Taurus - Gemini: Slow - Fast.
Gemini - Cancer: Flighty - Stable.
Cancer - Leo. Caring for Others - Being Pampered.
Leo - Virgo. Flamboyance - Modesty.
Virgo - Libra: Critical - "Yes-Man".
Libra - Scorpio: Pleasant - Unpleasant.
Scorpio - Sagittarius: Secrets - Truth.
Sagittarius - Capricorn: Freedom - Responsibilities.
Capricorn - Aquarius: Tradition - Innovation.
Aquarius - Pisces: Skeptic - Believer.
Pisces - Aries: Demure - Straightforward.

What are the karmic/spiritual significances of each? I read a theory once that our souls go through the Sun signs in order, which kind of makes sense given that in one life someone may have been a close-minded Capricorn for example (no offense to any Capricorns! :) ), then needed the lesson of learning to be open-minded (Aquarius Sun in next consecutive life).

IleneK

Premium Member
Each sign is an evolution and extension of the previous one.
Each sign contains its opposite attributes and as such is intimately linked with its opposing sign as well.
Subtle, spacious, mysterious, those signs.

Just keep looking at them and they will grow clearer over time.

Very best and good observation !

What are the karmic/spiritual significances of each? I read a theory once that our souls go through the Sun signs in order, which kind of makes sense given that in one life someone may have been a close-minded Capricorn for example (no offense to any Capricorns! :) ), then needed the lesson of learning to be open-minded (Aquarius Sun in next consecutive life).

muchacho

That's why Saturn as ruler of Aquarius isn't making any sense.

urano

As well we could consider one sign and its opposite sign (with both rulers): for example Leo sign and Aquarius sign.

Leo sign can be seen as a throne or a gold crown for the king (the Sun), while on the contrary Aquarius sign can be seen as a scythe (Saturn) or a guillotine for the king. :D

emily23

I see each sign as the challenge /progress from the previous one, it's natural, otherwise you'd only have one sign way truth and never changing

nice OP though, well spotted connections...my truth is all are required, each has special gifts blessings and lessons

I like that 12 signs poem

http://classiclegendbooks.com/allegory.html

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

In the procession of the ages in astrology, we're moving from the age of strict religious dogma (Pisces) to the opposite of it (Aquarius). The domination of Christianity in socio-cultural might in Europe in the last 1,000 years and still in the case of North America is slowly but surely ending in this time. Secularism and non-theism associated with Aquarius has changed western civilization once dependent on state church or religion, which dominated or ruled under Pisces.

CapAquaPis

Another thing about the nature of zodiac signs is opposites. Here are the list of zodiac signs and their opposites are indeed opposite of the other.

ARIES: Selfish greed/prosecution, LIBRA: sharing bounty/justice.
TAURUS: Peace and happiness, SCORPIO: War and misery.
GEMINI: Polarity or duality, SAGITTARIUS: Uniformity or unity.
CANCER: Family and home, CAPRICORN: Community and empire.
LEO: Instinct and randomness, AQUARIUS: Intellect and planning.
VIRGO: Closed dogmatism, PISCES: Open spirituality.

and about the elemental nature of sign groups. Fire stands for destruction, Earth for virginity, Air for creativity and Water for procreation. The fertile signs are opposite the sterile, while an adjacent sign like Aries will oppose the likes of Taurus which opposes Gemini and so on.

david starling

Six divisions of the zodiac yields six polarity-partners, usually described as yin and yang to each other, and to some extent masculine/feminine. The fire and air signs are yang, and the earth and water signs are yin. So, each consecutive pair, beginning with Aries/Taurus, is composed of two complimentary signs, one "positive" and the other "negative", like the two poles of a magnet (or a battery, come to think of it). I've noticed that each yang-partner seems to admire the next yang sign in order, and each yin-sign admires the next yin-sign. If this is a real pattern, and not just based on my own limited experience, Virgo should be the sign that secretly admires Scorpio, for example. (Not to be confused with admiring one's own Midheaven sign.)

Last edited: