dualistic confusion

K

kunga

Concerning sabian symbols - can anyone advise how one would read the positive or negative result? There are two views on each degree description . I dont think the reading should be like this. I think the answer should be clearly favorable or unfavorable, as are the images of the degree decidedly one taste. What is the use of two opposing versions of each picture? How do we know the answer? I do appreciate the energies of the conditions which are present and these symbols are a tool to help see . but I think the images are themselves complete and dont need the added interpretation to be so dualistic. I find the image is already direct with out being divided. Thanks.

pwadm

Staff member
Hello

I found Lynda's comments on the Sabian Symbols to be helpful and many times the comments seemed to be the answer I needed, rather than the Symbol itself. But this is just my case.
As for which of the positive/negative version to use, I suppose this should be obvious from the question... there is no rule, each one should figure it out for himself/herself...

pwadm

Staff member
Actually, in her new book, much more detailed, on Sabian Symbols, Lynda comes with more insight on each symbol, gives keywords, adds more info.

That might help.

K

kunga

Thank you Radu.I am completely unfamiliar with Lynda's book but find this all very interesting. Are you familiar with Dane Rudhyar's work on sabian symbols? If not. you might check out "An Astrological Mandala" and "The Astrology of Personality" they wont dissapoint. Thanks again.

C

capriquarius

kunga said:
Concerning sabian symbols - can anyone advise how one would read the positive or negative result? There are two views on each degree description . I dont think the reading should be like this. I think the answer should be clearly favorable or unfavorable, as are the images of the degree decidedly one taste. What is the use of two opposing versions of each picture? How do we know the answer? I do appreciate the energies of the conditions which are present and these symbols are a tool to help see . but I think the images are themselves complete and dont need the added interpretation to be so dualistic. I find the image is already direct with out being divided. Thanks.

In Sabian symbol reading, like tarot, and most other forms of divination, the "answers" are never written clearly in stone. Because of things like free-will, your future isn't always a black or white issue. Also, individual attitudes affect your view on experiences. The Death card in tarot, for example, can be seen as negative by some, but others see it as a "rebirth" or necessary upheaval to make a new beginning possible.

There are two sides to every story.

You need to look within for your answers. Try not to see things only as negative or positive, but more as a focus point for your energies. Sometimes, the most difficult life experiences are the ones we learn from most, making them positive in the end. Sort of a yin/yang effect, bringing forth a balance.

Anyway, if you had precise yes/no black/white answers to all of your questions concerning your future, wouldn't that ruin the spontaneity of life? :wink:

:D