Drugs - your opinion?

JUPITERASC

Drugs are known to cause schizophrenia, or to make it a lot worse
Oh, so that's why they treat them with drugs.
ALL DRUGS ARE INDEED DANGEROUS :)
e.g.
What is the most serious side effect of antipsychotics?

heart palpitations
effects on heart rhythm.
This has been
known to cause sudden death in extreme cases.
The risk of this is especially linked to being. on a high dose,
or taking more than one antipsychotic at the same time.

ScorpioMaria

Oh, so that's why they treat them with drugs.
They treat them with drugs because Nurse Ratched is on a power trip.

The psychiatrists are quacks at best, brain butchers at worst, not real doctors or so the joke goes.

The "doctors" are quacks, Covid proved this.

The boomers and their obsession with drugs has a horrific dark side, especially for the young

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member

Alcohol and crime.

The only difference, is alcohol is acceptable.

Choices, free will, is between a person their conscience, and if the believe in one, their God.

Opal

Premium Member
Being inebriated, on anything brings responsibilities, and downsides. It is not my place to choose for anyone else.

As long, as they do not commit crime while inebriated, it is their choice.

Committing crime, should be the issue not what they were inebriated on.

Opal

Premium Member
List of potential long-term side effects of anti psychotic medication :)
  • Alzheimer's disease,
  • Akathisia.
  • Anhedonia.
  • Anxiety.
  • Cognitive dysfunction.
  • Dementia worsening.
  • Diabetes.
  • Gynecomastia.

List of long term effects of alcohol on the body.

They all have a down side.
Brain:
Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination.

Heart:
Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, causing problems including:

• Cardiomyopathy – Stretching and drooping of heart muscle
  • Arrhythmias – Irregular heart beat
  • Stroke
  • High blood pressure
Liver:
Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations including:

• Steatosis, or fatty liver
  • Alcoholic hepatitis
  • Fibrosis
  • Cirrhosis
Pancreas:
Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.

Cancer:
According to the National Cancer Institute: "There is a strong scientific consensus that alcohol drinking can cause several types of cancer. In its Report on Carcinogens, the National Toxicology Program of the US Department of Health and Human Services lists consumption of alcoholic beverages as a known human carcinogen.

"The evidence indicates that the more alcohol a person drinks–particularly the more alcohol a person drinks regularly over time–the higher his or her risk of developing an alcohol-associated cancer. Even those who have no more than one drink per day and people who binge drink (those who consume 4 or more drinks for women and 5 or more drinks for men in one sitting) have a modestly increased risk of some cancers. Based on data from 2009, an estimated 3.5% of cancer deaths in the United States (about 19,500 deaths were alcohol related."

Clear patterns have emerged between alcohol consumption and increased risks of certain types of cancer:

• Head and neck cancer, including oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx cancers.
  • Esophageal cancer, particularly esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. In addition, people who inherit a deficiency in an enzyme that metabolizes alcohol have been found to have substantially increased risks of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma if they consume alcohol.
  • Liver cancer.
  • Breast cancer: Studies have consistently found an increased risk of breast cancer in women with increasing alcohol intake. Women who consume about 1 drink per day have a 5 to 9 percent higher chance of developing breast cancer than women who do not drink at all.
  • Colorectal cancer.
For more information about alcohol and cancer, please visit the National Cancer Institute's webpage "Alcohol and Cancer Risk

" (last accessed October 21, 2021).

Immune System:
Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease. Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much. Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.

ScorpioMaria

Being inebriated, on anything brings responsibilities, and downsides. It is not my place to choose for anyone else.

As long, as they do not commit crime while inebriated, it is their choice.

Committing crime, should be the issue not what they were inebriated on.
I agree

I don't know where you live, but where I live,
drunkards and druggies are arrested when they are doing something illegal in public, or trafficking contraband, not simply because they are inebriated

Ideally society does not encourage the creation of more druggies and drunkards in the first place with liberal policies

ScorpioMaria

List of long term effects of alcohol on the body.

They all have a down side.
Brain:
Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination.

Heart:
Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, causing problems including:

• Cardiomyopathy – Stretching and drooping of heart muscle
  • Arrhythmias – Irregular heart beat
  • Stroke
  • High blood pressure
Liver:
Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations including:

• Steatosis, or fatty liver
  • Alcoholic hepatitis
  • Fibrosis
  • Cirrhosis
Pancreas:
Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.

Cancer:
According to the National Cancer Institute: "There is a strong scientific consensus that alcohol drinking can cause several types of cancer. In its Report on Carcinogens, the National Toxicology Program of the US Department of Health and Human Services lists consumption of alcoholic beverages as a known human carcinogen.

"The evidence indicates that the more alcohol a person drinks–particularly the more alcohol a person drinks regularly over time–the higher his or her risk of developing an alcohol-associated cancer. Even those who have no more than one drink per day and people who binge drink (those who consume 4 or more drinks for women and 5 or more drinks for men in one sitting) have a modestly increased risk of some cancers. Based on data from 2009, an estimated 3.5% of cancer deaths in the United States (about 19,500 deaths were alcohol related."

Clear patterns have emerged between alcohol consumption and increased risks of certain types of cancer:

• Head and neck cancer, including oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx cancers.
  • Esophageal cancer, particularly esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. In addition, people who inherit a deficiency in an enzyme that metabolizes alcohol have been found to have substantially increased risks of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma if they consume alcohol.
  • Liver cancer.
  • Breast cancer: Studies have consistently found an increased risk of breast cancer in women with increasing alcohol intake. Women who consume about 1 drink per day have a 5 to 9 percent higher chance of developing breast cancer than women who do not drink at all.
  • Colorectal cancer.
For more information about alcohol and cancer, please visit the National Cancer Institute's webpage "Alcohol and Cancer Risk

" (last accessed October 21, 2021).

Immune System:
Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease. Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much. Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.
Yes we know, would you also like to list the horrible side effects of fentanyl, heroin, crack, methamphetamine, LSD, etc?

Opal

Premium Member
I am from Canada. Alcohol is a larger problem than drugs because it is legal and acceptable.

I do not see the difference.

I have a drink, maybe once a month. I burn regularly. I experimented with everything and was never addicted to drugs ever. I did have an alcohol problem, stopped drinking in 1983. Now, I usually don't even have a drink a month. I can go months without a drink.

Free choice. If you get out of line, it is cause for arrest. Whatever your choice of poison. No excuses.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Yes we know, would you also like to list the horrible side effects of fentanyl, heroin, crack, methamphetamine, LSD, etc?
Yes. Awareness is knowledge. Not encouragement. Always be aware of what you are putting into your own body, and act according to what you and your God allow you.

If it is against the usual laws of society, jail time.

passiflora

Most people have underlying mental or other health issues that we take pains to prevent from emerging.

There is so much demonic energy around in just the environment that people take psychedelics to evolve beyond, but there is for many people nothing in place to shut the door on the demons.

JUPITERASC

I am from Canada. Alcohol is a larger problem than drugs because it is legal and acceptable.
I do not see the difference.

More than 140,000 people die from excessive alcohol use in the U.S. each year.

39078_NIAAA_Facts_%26_Stats_Graphics_CDC_6.jpg

I have a drink, maybe once a month. I burn regularly. I experimented with everything and was never addicted to drugs ever. I did have an alcohol problem, stopped drinking in 1983. Now, I usually don't even have a drink a month. I can go months without a drink.

Free choice. If you get out of line, it is cause for arrest. Whatever your choice of poison. No excuses.
who-alcohol-and-health.png

Opal

Premium Member
I am in the last of the boomers. The crime I saw, was the availability of drugs, on first university students, then younger. What the illegal aspect did, was break down the family unit. Minor possession, was deemed evil. People were alienated from their families, many families that had alcohol dependencies but, frowned and judged minor drug use. The courts jailed generally good kids, experimenting with what the governments made freely available to them. Divide and conquer. Between this, and the juvenile act of the Trudeau in the 1970's, it destroyed the family unit. That is a crime that will never get punished.

david starling

I am in the last of the boomers. The crime I saw, was the availability of drugs, on first university students, then younger. What the illegal aspect did, was break down the family unit. Minor possession, was deemed evil. People were alienated from their families, many families that had alcohol dependencies but, frowned and judged minor drug use. The courts jailed generally good kids, experimenting with what the governments made freely available to them. Divide and conquer. Between this, and the juvenile act of the Trudeau in the 1970's, it destroyed the family unit. That is a crime that will never get punished.

What's the juvenile act?