dream of a white eagle

suimui10

I thought we had a permanent thread somewhere about dream interpretation but can't see any, so I just started a new one with my question. [Feel free to move this where it belongs if I missed its better place. Thanks.]
I had a dream in which I was being stared at by a white eagle. She was sitting (yes, sitting, not flying) right in front of me with her wings spread on the side of her body. It was a breathtaking view. I have never seen an eagle in real life or in a prior dream (that I know of!).
And there was a voice (not sure if it was the eagle's) telling me that I must be careful as in case of injury, there would be "no replacement". The weirdest words ever. I remember I asked "what if I cut my finger?" and the voice repeated "no replacement".
I think it's interesting how the voice warmed me of "no replacement" (but not of healing; i.e. the voice could have said "no healing possible" but it didn't) in case of injury or loss.
Any takers?
A little general background. I just had an offer that if it works out might change my life (spiritually speaking). Can't say more as I don't want to jinx it.
I would appreciate any theories on the white eagle symbol. To me, an eagle speaks of freedom above all. This one was all white (usually they're white-head with dark-colored body) and I think the white color is significant in this vision.
Thanks for any help!

Sui

Kuntuzangmo

Hi Sui,
What a beautiful dream!
To me the eagle yes, is freedom, enlightenment etc....esp in white.
Her wings are spread, embracing, welcoming....and she admonishes you, no replacement.
It might mean that your offer can not be beat. This is the time to pay attention, especially since it is arising in your spiritual world. Your liberated self is telling you, THIS IS IT!
It seems clear to me that you are trying clearly to tell yourself, take this chance, it won't come again!

suimui10

Hi Kuntu,

Thanks for your input. I thought it was an impressive dream. I've never seen something like that in my dream or while awake! It's interesting that you write about being welcoming and embracing. Indeed there was no sense of fear, just awe and curiosity as she was staring right through me! I guess my q's are my fear trying to anticipate all things that could possibly go wrong. The voice was reassuring and firm. It's like you said: now or never, in or out.
I should not be surprised because this dream came after I had just completed my meditation on the offer. But still in terms of originality my subconscious self definitely surprised me!
One more thing, I had a sense of knowing what this eagle is about and it reminded me something but I couldn't recall it yesterday. Earlier today, it came up: it reminded me the Phoenix from the ashes. But there was no fire; just a beautiful swan-like white. The wings were spread the way they are in the rising phoenix; same stance.

Sui

Hi Sui,
What a beautiful dream!
To me the eagle yes, is freedom, enlightenment etc....esp in white.
Her wings are spread, embracing, welcoming....and she admonishes you, no replacement.
It might mean that your offer can not be beat. This is the time to pay attention, especially since it is arising in your spiritual world. Your liberated self is telling you, THIS IS IT!
It seems clear to me that you are trying clearly to tell yourself, take this chance, it won't come again!

suimui10

The time is Now.

Mark, thanks very much for chiming in.
For educational purposes, could you tell which part of the dream spells "NOW"?
I agree instinctively with the urgency since I've never had a dream like that before. Thanks!

Mark

That particular phrase, "the time is Now," has been used by some peculiar people in the past. It's still used by some, though I'd rather not mention which groups. It is said to be an Universal call, like a trigger. The message given in the dream, "no replacement," seems to say the same thing. Each individualised expression of Soul has many manifestations, but each person has only one life. There will never be another person exactly like you. For that matter, you tomorrow will not be the same as you today. Once a moment has been lived, there is "no replacement." As said, most eagles are not white. A white bird may symbolise purity and cleanliness. Given that it is an eagle, it also represents liberty and free will. It may be a messenger from on High, reminding you that there are no repeats. What you build for others is what you have for yourself. This dream may be a gentle nudge forward on your developmental path.

Another way to express this idea is, "What are you afraid of losing?" If you cut your finger, there will be "no replacement." But, as you pointed out, it didn't say "no healing." Perhaps the message could be made more specific by applying it to your normal method of operations. Would you describe yourself as being so cautious that you sometimes miss opportunities? The message may also apply to your opportunities. If you have an opportunity for spiritual growth in your life right now, the message may mean that you need to accept whatever real opportunities you have. It may mean that you're in an important time right now and need to be attentive to what comes to you. Perhaps that's why the message took the form of an image that would make such an impact on you?

I hope this is more helpful than confusing. :tongue:

Caro

Eagle is a very powerful animal totem, and white a message of purity from spirit.
If you think how fast an eagle swoops to pick up prey maybe it is prompting you to act quickly.

I hope it works out for you.

suimui10

Caro, thank you. Yes, I feel that was a message from the spirit within. I had meditated for an answer and that was my answer. I love how you explain the speed aspect, but the eagle in my dream was not flying; it was resting, "sitting" in a weird sort of posture with wings spread apart on either side of its body. It was looking at me and its full attention was on me. It wasn't a passing flying eagle swooping prey in front of my eyes.

Sui

Sorry if it may seem like I am hijacking the post but I dreamt a similar dream the other day. Which drew me to google about it cause its like nothing I have ever experienced either. To be honest the residual left me to go as far as register to this forum just to ask and present this dream to all of you to help me interpret.

My dream of a white eagle...

I was walking in the forest in front of me was a large pure white eagle..its face looked as if its feathers were loose on the forehead like that of a young eagle but still majestic as ever..however as I stared at it i noticed that it had take on its talons a hawk or other smaller sized bird..and from this second bird it was ripping out a large fish from the victims guts to eat...I know this sounds grueling but strangely.

The sight was not disgusting to me but a bit awkward. I automatically thought it strange to see such an odd visual Why would an eagle take a fish by killing another bird. It almost seemed too much to watch with the other lifeless bird hanging on its talons. The white eagle posed no feeling of evilness or remorse for his actions..it was just a typical need to survive. I then turned and kept walking however, the white eagle took flight and feeling its glide and piercing eyes stare at me ...It was a bit scary. Why would this white eagle take an interest in me? I realized though that I could also see his vision through his eyes. They were sharp and focused..blurry on the fringes but tentatively there..while gliding above the clouds each step was along side mine. There was no sense of harm or danger just warmth and strong sense of righteousness. Another a characteristic i could not shake was the eagles eyes. On the internet they are round..not the razor eyes this white eagle had..however there wasn't a sense of hostility just observance from the eagle. It felt comfortable but guarded.

Now in my waken state ..i sometimes miss this eagle..i think of it occasionally and almost imagine a faint baying if you will by the eagle when i think of those eyes or of it in my minds image. They were strong and courageous but not intimidating.. Brave and stern but not evil..yet doing something so salvage as to rip the fish from another bird's stomach seemed cruel..maybe this is teaching me to be like it while facing evil in my waking life? I don't know but when ever i think of the eagle i can hear an occasional cry for recognition. Is it warning me?

---------------
The latter part of my dream was very different and not in the wilderness..it was located in the city where some sort of out worldly life form had started to terrorize the city. Humanities defense was to eat these colored foods..looked like marbels of some kind. These colors granted each individual different attributes. Not everyone had the will however to fight. Most were in fright. The will manifested as spiritual energy to face these beings..however these machine like monsters ( if you will.) are ruthless and possess much stronger weapons then we do..our courage however allows us to repell their attacks will ease and ultimately when the monsters realize our awakening of the relationship to this colored food. They will do all they can to kill you ...chasing you to the end of the earth..some good souls will allow you to hid in their home and think of you as a messiah but the perspective is that each of us have this ability on earth. We must just stand closely and have conviction to it. These monsters are intimidating though. They can blast you into buildings and their attacks are endless. I recall i was standing in the crowd when one of the "human leaders ate this colored marbel " He didnt believe it would work but when the monsters fired a proton blue canon ball like projection at him he was able to easily repel the object. THe monsters leads then said " Kill him!"

These two dreams were an interesting double set of in one night..

--------------------------
In the dream there was a random segment of confusing chronological order though. I can not seem to recall in retrospect where it occured but I was in a building hideout where everyone seemed to know who I was. I only knew me as a regular person but i got a sense that i was this famous being. Everyone was telling me how they promised to my father that they would protect me..strangers that would harbor me until I matured into something great. Its like this big secret almost sort of like the Truman show but in a supernatural sense. Everyone knew something but could not say or would not say..People would ask me how i was doing and i would say fine..just trying to do something that would be on my mind during my wakingful days...like for my day time job..kind of felt like i missed the point but if it was about being lucid it doesn't really matter to me because..i know i cant achieve that. It has never came naturally to me. However i always remember dreams in detail ..they say in psychology that its because my subconscious is bad at protecting the conscious me so emotions manifest as chaotic dreams.

----------------

While i don't normally follow through with my visions of dreams, most times they are random. This particular night was very interesting however, the eagle which is completely white was so majestic it was very enchanting and the way it glided i could feel its stare as if i was seeing me through its eyes. what a strange dream..dont know where to find more information on this.

---------
A little more about myself:
I am a spiritual person..i believe in the kind of life where principles and by them will lead to the right way. My favorite quote by Randy Pausch was that " if you live your life the right way the dreams will come to you and the karma will take care of itself." Not that i am Buddhist but i believe that evil should not be meet with hatred but with strength and tolerance. My passion and strength stems directly from the heart. Through this emotional pain you must persevere in order to make life a better place. You must not be jaded and consumed by the hatred or greed of others. That is the only way to win. Kind of like the Rocky movie when he talks to his son in that youtube clip. "The world is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees if you let it but its not about how hard you hit..its about how much you can get hit and keep moving forward ..how much you can take and keep moving forward. that is how winning is done." Each time i watch these clips i get a shiver down my spine..each moment i touch a real sense of humanities compassion and motivation to persevere in goodness i get a shiver..i always wondered why that happens.

If you can please reply to my dream and help me on my journey..

Last edited: