Draconic charts

Lykanized

I've had a subtle but growing and everpresent interest in draconic charts as I know they directly reference the north node which I also place much significance in. The reason being that my primary interest in astrology is for my own spiritual journey which I know the path of the north node is relevant to

It's easy to find information on the nodes, but finding information on draconic charts proves a bit more of a challenge as it's more obscure an aspect of astrology

Some people say the draconic chart represents our souls, but I'm not sure I agree. I'm thinking perhaps the draconic chart represents traits we need to integrate and perhaps even a shadow self that can come out in negative and destructive ways in the darkest moments of our souls when we're less mature but as we grow we're able to harness the positive facets of the house and planet signs in our draconic

I'm a Cancer sun, Virgo moon, Virgo ascendant and by all accounts, most would consider this the archetype of one who serves, quite demure, quiet, intellectual yet emotional, harshly perfectionistic, tortured artist, idealistic

In my draconic chart, I'm a Scorpio sun, Capricorn moon, and Sagittarius ascendant. Quite the opposite...Fixed, serious, intense, perhaps brutal, expansive, a doer, goal oriented and won't let anyone stand in her way, idealistic and makes that vision a reality with her bare hands, the jaunty optimism of Sagittarius as an overtone to the seriousness of Capricorn and Scorpio

The interesting thing being that Pluto has quite a presence in my chart, draconic Capricorn moon opposes my natal sun, and my ascendant is in my natal north node sign

Do we naturally integrate the traits represented by our draconic natures as we follow the path of our north nodes?

I've also read of some people, tho rare, who prefer to read peoples' draconic charts than to read their natal charts. I don't know how I'd feel about that as I feel my natal is still vital is understanding myself. To me, it would seem that what I said above about these traits being integrated, but our natal traits still being vital, may be more along the lines of the relevance of the draconic chart. I can relate to Scorpio, but it may be a water sign connection as I can also relate to Pisces. I do feel Scorpio with much more power still

The other interesting thing is that despite the assumptions about me that could be drawn by looking at my natal chart, I've always had a warrior spirit in me, something serious and fixed, someone who has a vision and WILL create it no matter what and I will not be stopped, someone who will turn every weakness and every setback into a strength and find meaning in it all. Granted, I also have Virgo Mars and a Mars-moon conjunct in my first house lmao

There are some people whose draconic charts don't differ much from their natal charts and I'd wonder if that means something about their soul's journey. That perhaps they don't have as much work as others have to do this lifetime, but that sounds a bit offkey

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.04.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.04.39 PM.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.06.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.06.11 PM.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Lykanized

Now...I put this in the Karmic section as I believe there is something of Karmic potential in delving into the nodes and the draconic chart. I don't believe in Karma as in punishment, but moreso as in lessons we need to learn for our soul's sake and lessons we undertake before we incarnate

Lykanized

My sister's charts(yes, I have permission)
Natal Scorpio sun, Aries moon, Capricorn ascendant to my draconic Scorpio sun, Capricorn moon
Draconic Aries sun to her natal Aries moon, Virgo moon to my natal Virgo moon

My other sister's a case where not much changes because her north node is at 28 degrees Pisces...too close to Aries for there to be a huge jump. The only thing that changes is her Cancer mercury goes to Leo

Intriguing familial note is that both Virgo and Scorpio are very very present in my family, my second sister has a Scorpio ascendant and a Virgo lilith and south node and of course my first sister has a super Scorpio stellium and a draconic Virgo moon. Our parents are both Virgo suns/Scorpio moons

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.14.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.14.36 PM.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.17.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.17.51 PM.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

ynnest

From my experience the draconic chart is as relevant as the tropical. Even though I would not define it as the higher self it certainly has similar flavors to it since it from my observations operates more on the spiritual levels until its fully activated.

Y

Lykanized

From my experience the draconic chart is as relevant as the tropical. Even though I would not define it as the higher self it certainly has similar flavors to it since it from my observations operates more on the spiritual levels until its fully activated.

Y
Thank you for replying ynnest!

Yeah, higher self doesn't sound quite right to me either, but I definitely see it as having some spiritual relevance. I tend to delve for much information and ask many questions. I'd love to explore your point of view

Can you go further with what you said about it operating on a spiritual level and until it's 'fully activated'? I can assume that activation would have to do with ones spiritual development, but I'm also curious about that spiritual level and how you see the the draconic chart manifesting itself before full activation

ynnest

Thank you for replying ynnest!

Yeah, higher self doesn't sound quite right to me either, but I definitely see it as having some spiritual relevance. I tend to delve for much information and ask many questions. I'd love to explore your point of view

Can you go further with what you said about it operating on a spiritual level and until it's 'fully activated'? I can assume that activation would have to do with ones spiritual development, but I'm also curious about that spiritual level and how you see the the draconic chart manifesting itself before full activation

Yes from my observations the chart that have been given the name "draconic" have different levels of expression in different people depending on what spirit is able to/decides to do. It is from my understanding one of the charts that together makes up the the souls journey in one lifetime even though many people have a tendency to see it exclusively rather inclusively.

Y