Dr Zakir Naik - Muslim televangelist

milkywaygirl

I had no idea who this guy was until my local convenience store clerk started going off about him and encouraging me to watch him on YouTube. From the little he told me, I knew that I wouldn't be impressed, but I figured I would check it out.

Anyway, this guy is a hugely popular Muslim televangelist from India, fills huge auditoriums and is the head of some organization. His angle is that he has a health science background and often uses scientific analogies and long winded explanations to impress his largely ignorant and uneducated fan base, who then hang off every word he says, and laud him as some kind of Muslim genius.

I watched some of his videos, and he does a lot of q and a with the audience - i believe the questioners are planted and he has his answers prepared in advance. His scientific knowledge seems to top out at the undergraduate level, and a lot of the scientific and so called factual info he relates is actually incorrect.

In addition to this, he has some extremely backwards and anti-human rights views, which make me kind of scared of him, because it seems that he has an extremely large following. Some of my faves: homosexuals should be put to death, Muslims who leave Islam don't necessarily have to be killed, but if they try to promote a different faith, then they should be, and my personal favorite, which was part of the reasoning why polygamy is permitted in Islam:

Suppose my sister happens to be one of the unmarried women living in USA, or suppose your sister happens to be one of the unmarried women in USA. The only two options remaining for her are that she either marries a man who already has a wife or becomes public property. There is no other option. I have posed this question to hundreds of non-Muslims and all opted for the first. However a few smart people before accepting, said they would prefer their sisters to remain virgins. Biologically, it is not possible for an average man or a woman to remain celibate throughout life. It may be possible in exceptional cases of one in ten thousand. In the vast majority, the person either gets married or performs illicit sex or indulges in other sexual perversions. Sex hormones are released in the adult body every day. That is the reason why Islam has prohibited monasticism.

In Western society it is common for a man to have mistresses and/or multiple extra-marital affairs, in which case, the woman leads a disgraceful, unprotected life. The same society, however, cannot accept a man having more than one wife, in which women retain their honourable, dignified position in society and lead a protected life.

Thus the only two options before a woman who cannot find a husband is to marry a married man or to become public property. Islam prefers giving women the honourable position by permitting the first option and disallowing the second. There are several other reasons, why Islam has permitted limited polygyny, but it is mainly to protect the modesty of women.

I just can't get over this! So basically, a woman is either honorable and someone's wife, or a dirty wh@re and single, and the only thing that can save a woman from being a dirty wh@re is a man!! Ok there.

Anyway to the chart. I expected to see some sag in there along with Jupiter/Pisces stuff and a lack of air, and this was all present. The only air in the chart is libra sun, which gives naik a desire to emphasize the de emphasized element through attempts at intellectualism. Unfortunately for him, his Scorpio mercury is locked into a water grand trine with saturn in Pisces and Jupiter in cancer, making his mind extremely subjective. We can see this in his orations, where he twists information to suit his points, and emphatically repeats himself over and over to assert his correctness. He definitely thinks himself to be quite a religious scholar (saturn in Pisces) and does have the desire to be an uplifting force for his "people" (fellow Muslims - as seen in Jupiter in cancer), and the trine from mercury to saturn solidifies his own self assurance regarding his knowledge and what he is saying.... Unfortunately he is nowhere close to the scholar or vector of deliverance he believes himself to be.

When I watched his videos, one of my immediate thoughts were, what is the attraction to this person? He doesn't have charisma, he's not attractive, his voice is not pleasing - so why the fervent devotion by his followers? I think this is explained by mars/venus conjunct in sag, as well as moon in Leo at a critical degree. The venus mars must confer some kind of charisma that others are picking up on, but I personally don't get a sense for (probably because I am more in tune with the deeper currents in his energy/chart). I think, especially for Muslims who by and large are forced to feel shame about their sensuality/sexuality, they can easily tune into his venus/mars and be attracted by it as that is something that they repress and need to find expression somewhere, and by it being in sag which is more philosophical and less in your face sensuality/sexuality than say, venus/mars in Taurus, Scorpio, Leo, it becomes acceptable for them to be attracted to him.

as well, I think (at least publically) naik transmutes his venus/mars passion and desire nature into ideals and religiosity, as opposed to earthly matters. Venus/mars in a mans chart can be aggressive and domineering towards woman, and we see this in what he thinks of women, he obviously doesn't see them as fellow human beings, and is obviously a misogynist.

The Uranus Pluto conjunction sits opposite his saturn in Pisces, giving that water trine a boost in terms of his ability to elicit real effect on a grand scale. The square to venus/mars adds another layer to his feelings about women - women are to be dominated and controlled, and he must find it exceedingly difficult if at all possible to have any kind of deep long term feelings for a woman that are based in equality. Uranus and Pluto stand in the way of that. With sag represented by a centaur, it's no surprise that he sees women as either pious/honorable (the man half), or shameful and licentious (the animal half).

I would love to hear other peoples impressions of the chart, I am going to try to find a time of birth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 25