DR Farr please indulge me

Munch

I know I don't practice horary, but I was wondering if you'd look at a chart that I cast for a very simple question.

"Will we meet this year?"

This is in regards to someone that I greatly respect from afar and that I hope to meet through my job. (Though I should add that its a long shot since our careers are not implicity entwined)

Thanks a million if you can, no big if not. Life will unfold exactly as its supposed to. I'm just curious. :)

I think that I have figured out the significators.

I am the sun in the 7th house.
He is Jupiter in the 10th (I hope to meet him through work so is this hopeful? Also, though I hope to meet him through work, I do not wish to have a professional relationship with him so I used the 5th house ruler) forming a separating square to the sun. (or is it applying because the Sun is moving towards Jupiter? I think separating because the aspect itself is separating.

The moon is not void of course and is applying to exalted Venus (does that matter in horary?) in the 8th house. Venus and Jupiter are in mutual reception, does this have any bearing?

I see this chart and I think that yes, I shall meet this person and likely through work. I know that there is a square between the major significators BUT Jupiter being one of the significators 'rescues' itself by disappearing into the mutual reception with Venus, thereby activating the applying conjunction with the moon. To me, especially with the houses given (with the exception of the 8th, I'm not sure how that figures in), this seems like a yes.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_81_will_we_meet_this_year_hw_11058_13335.jpg
    astro_2gw_81_will_we_meet_this_year_hw_11058_13335.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Munch

5th house significator, though I suppose it could be 11th? In which case it's an applying conjunction to the sun. Even better chances?

I'm not sure how to signify a stranger that I would like to develop some sort of personal friendship with.

I just noticed that the moon is on a pitted degree. Does that matter?

Last edited:

dr. farr

From my approach (and understanding of older horary authors, which I follow) in such a question the 7th house would be used as significator of "the other" (who is not present at the inquiry) If it were a teacher/preceptor, it could be the 9th; if it were a borther or sister, the 3rd; if a friend or associate (an actual friend or associate) it would be the 11th; if a "boss", the 10th; hoiwever, in this question it seems that it would be the 7th house as signfying house: does this person qualify for any of the other houses I have just mentioned?

Munch

This person qualifies as none of the above, so if we use the 7th house than the significator is Saturn which is Square sunand separating.

So then, that's a 'no.' Darn. :cool:

Next lifetime. :biggrin:

Wait! Since Saturn is about to move into Scorpio (or does the Retrograde that's about to kick in defer this) without making any other aspects, does this mean the chart is invalid or does that maybe mean that there will be a delay and check back mid October once Saturn finally moves into Scorpio?

Last edited:

dr. farr

Saturn will not go into Scorpio; if it were me, I would reask this question in a couple months: I think this is valid because Saturn at the time of this question is in a pitted degree (blocked) and Saturn = the primary quesited significator; so this impacts the question, makes it "blocked", pointing neither one way nor the other (if we consider the primary quesited, Saturn, as neutralized by being pitted)-therefore, I believe that this question can be asked again in the relatively near future (couple of months or so)

tootsie

If you use the Reg instead of the whole house system sometimes it works better to give a different perspective on things. The ac is what matters and where the signf. planets are and the aspects they make. The aspects wouldn't change but house placement ect. maybe would. I prefer the reg. house system and it does go along with the traditional astrology. But to other astrologers it doesn't matter....it is a personal preference.
T

Munch

Thank you to the both of you. It's been a neat experiment/experience stepping out of my normal astro zone. Dr. Farr, as usual you are there to help. A very special thanks to you for your time. I'll ask again in a few months and post so we can follow this together.

Oh yeah, if Saturn is neutralized by being on a pitted degree, does the same principal then follow for the moon?