dominant planets and signs ???

Farahsunshine

Do you think dominant planets and signs affect us more than the sun sign ?
For example , I noticed that my dominant planets are : mercury,pluto,moon
My dominant signs are : Gemini,capricorn ,scorpio
Even though my sun sign is cancer a lot of people confuse me for a gemini or aquarius maybe... anyway,how do you think they affect us ???

Lin

What do you mean by dominant? Do you think they are dominant because they are angular? Because they are at the top of the chart (southern hemisphere?) Because they are an ascendant or MC? Or because the planets are conjunct outer planets or very much aspected?

You have to define your meaning. IN this case, the word "dominant".
LIN
OR you could post your chart.

Farahsunshine

What do you mean by dominant? Do you think they are dominant because they are angular? Because they are at the top of the chart (southern hemisphere?) Because they are an ascendant or MC? Or because the planets are conjunct outer planets or very much aspected?

You have to define your meaning. IN this case, the word "dominant".
LIN
OR you could post your chart.

I meant by "dominant planets" : the planets that have the largest percentage in my chart .... actually I'm not an expert in astrology but this is how I read it in astro report !!!@

sibylline

^There are different ways of figuring out the "dominant planets" and it can be very subjective.

Stelliums (for this discussion we'll say 3+ planets in a sign) that are not in the Sun sign can affect the personality strongly.

Claire19

Do you think dominant planets and signs affect us more than the sun sign ?
For example , I noticed that my dominant planets are : mercury,pluto,moon
My dominant signs are : Gemini,capricorn ,scorpio
Even though my sun sign is cancer a lot of people confuse me for a gemini or aquarius maybe... anyway,how do you think they affect us ???

In what way do you mean dominant. You cite three planets as dominant when that is a bit contradictory. The sun is always our strongest planet, it is the core of who we are. There are planets in signs that are their natural placement and they would be strong. The Moon is also up there with the Sun as the most important influence in anyone's chart. Aquarius is very different to Gemini but you may have an air sign rising.

You would need to post your chart to get any real feedback.

Farahsunshine

here is my chart

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_fo.58324.53808.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_fo.58324.53808.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Farahsunshine

In what way do you mean dominant. You cite three planets as dominant when that is a bit contradictory. The sun is always our strongest planet, it is the core of who we are. There are planets in signs that are their natural placement and they would be strong. The Moon is also up there with the Sun as the most important influence in anyone's chart. Aquarius is very different to Gemini but you may have an air sign rising.

You would need to post your chart to get any real feedback.
I posted my chart , I hope you can help me !!!

kore

They can affect you as much as your Sun sign and planet. I know a Gemini sun with dominant Cancer and Moon. She's a Gemini from her social interactions. When you get closer to her, Cancer and Moon qualities are more apparent. My nephew is a fire Sun, his dominant element is Water. He appears more like water than fire. I think dominant signs and planets have the ability to overshadow your Sun. Dominance referring to astro.com's extended chart breakdown.

Last edited:

Farahsunshine

They can affect you as much as your Sun sign and planet. I know a Gemini sun with dominant Cancer and Moon. She's a Gemini from her social interactions. When you get closer to her, Cancer and Moon qualities are more apparent. My nephew is a fire Sun, his dominant element is Water. He appears more like water than fire. I think dominant signs and planets have the ability to overshadow your Sun. Dominance referring to astro.com's extended chart breakdown.
Thanks a lot !!!!!

david starling

Sun in :cancer: will enable you to feel Planetary influence directly, especially Lunar transits. Keep track of how you're feeling and acting, and how your attitudes and opinions relate to the current transits, and you'll be able to match experience with theory.

Lin

The Sun is strong and would probably be considered the chart "ruler" as Leo is the Asc. sign.
But the Moon is strong too....it is in the 10th house and it is trined by Uranus....which makes it very important.

It is dangerous to plot your life according to "percentages". It's better to get a good beginners astrology book and learn something about it yourself. It's not rocket science....anyone with enough curiosity and who is willing to do some studying can learn a lot about astrology....especially their own charts....but reading a couple of very good beginners books.
LIN

Witchyone

I've done a couple different automated charts to see what website calculators think are my dominant planets. Astrodienst said Venus, Neptune, and Mercury, and another site I've forgotten said Sun, Moon, and Venus. Maybe Astrodienst doesn't count sun and moon as planets for this.

In short, I don't know what these sites really mean when they say "dominant".
I don't think they reveal their methodology. I assume it's calculating most important placements and weighting them, but what does it consider most important?

david starling

Logically, it would be about what activity is involved. One Planet could be dominant in the work-place, and another for home-life. If we were living in ancient-Rome, your "go-to" Planetary-gods or goddesses would be your own personal favorites, the ones you feel most "connected to". What are yours? Mine are Mercury and Jupiter. Whatever methodology is applied, the results should matchup with your own intuition and experience.

Last edited: