Does your Sun or Moon indicate a parent's natal placement?

Is it applicable in your case?

• No

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Yes, for both parents.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Yes, for my mother.

• Yes, for my father.

• No, but a close relative has the natal placement

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr stellium

I've seen this to occur for a lot of charts I've seen (including my own), but not everyone will have it.

Using this egyptian bounds table:
egyptian_terms.png

How to interpret the table:

1. Note the exact degree of your Sun and Moon. For example, If my Sun was 9.27 Pisces (10 Pisces) and my Moon was 14.55 Cancer (15 Cancer).

2. Look at the table and see which planet "owns" this degree by bound/term.
Using the above examples, Sun is in the bounds of Venus. Moon is in the bounds of Mercury. Sun/Venus/Pisces and Moon/Mercury/Cancer.

3. Check your Dad's chart. The Sun is a general significator for the father. Using the above example, I would check to see if he have Venus in Pisces.

4. Check your mother's chart. Moon is general significator for the mother. Using the above example, I would check if she had Mercury in Cancer.

5. It might also be worth checking the chart of grandparents, especially if you are close to one of them.

Last edited:

vanila

:smile:

My Sun conjunct my father's Venus....and my mother Mars is exalted in Cappy .... mine and my sister's Mars is in Cancer(fall)....My Sun conjunct my mother's ASC....

:smile:

Moulin

Yes,
my moon conjuncts my fathers moon/venus. My AC also conjuncts his venus.

Interestingly, my moon opposes my father's juno and conjuncts my mothers juno!

Vagabondgirl

Not really....

But my IC conjuncts mums Sun. My sun only conjuncts her neptune...

Dads Sun is in close opposition to my mars, then to venus and my moon.

His Jupiter conjuncts my mars-venus-moon.

His Mercury closely opposes my moon.

His Chiron tightly conjuncts my moon.

My moon conjuncts his neptune.

His venus opposes my mercury-pluto.

His NN is tightly conjuncting my IC, SN conjunct my MC.

Arian Maverick

Can you please explain how to read this table? From the examples you provided, I assume it's like Ptolemy's Table of Essential Dignities.

Is your Sun placed in the bounds of a natal placement your Dad has? For example, If my Sun were at 10 Pisces I would check if my father had Venus/Pisces.

According to this example, I assume that for the sign Pisces: Venus (0 degrees - 11 degrees 59), Jupiter (12 degrees - 15 degrees 59), Mercury (16 degrees - 18 degrees 59), Mars (19 degrees - 27 degrees 59), Saturn (28degrees - 29 degrees 59).

Likewise for the Moon: My Moon is 15 Cancer in the bounds of Mercury - My Mother has natal Mercury/Cancer.

According to this example, I assume that for the sign Cancer: Mars (0 - 6 degrees 59), Venus (7 degrees - 12 degrees 59), Mercury (13 degrees - 17 degrees 59), Jupiter (18 degrees - 25 degrees 59), Saturn (26 degrees - 29 degrees 59).

Now, I'll try to apply this to my natal chart. My natal Sun is at 15 Aries 36, which I believe corresponds to Mercury. So do I ask myself if my father has Mercury in Aries? The answer is no.

My natal Moon is at 5 Aries 11, which I believe corresponds to Jupiter. So do I ask myself if my mother has Jupiter in Aries? Again, the answer is no.

Is this correct? :unsure:

It can also indicate a bad relationship with the mother/father if in the bounds of a malefic which aspects the luminary concerned.

Again, can you please clarify this? Do you mean that if the Sun or the Moon is in the bounds of a malefic, and this malefic aspects the Sun or the Moon, the individual may have a bad relationship with the parent?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Mr stellium

Re: Does your Sun or Moon...

Yes Arian Maverick your interpretation of the table is correct. As an example of a chart in my files, a man had the Sun at 28 Gemini in the bounds of Saturn trine Saturn at 23 Aquarius... His father was a strict and violent man and when he was old enough himself he beat up his dad.

Moulin

Mr Stellium,

May i ask you about my son whom has a very bad relationship with his father who is violent and a bully.

My son has sun in sagittarius 12'. In the bounds of venus. His moon is scorpio 8' in the bounds of venus. His father has venus in Aries 4' conjunct mercury, opposing moon 3' libra. His AC is 8' scorpio.
My son has NN 5' leo, mars 6' aquarius and chiron 8' sag, all aspecting his dad's venus.
Does this work or not? as in with your theory please?

Mr stellium

No it doesn't work in your son's case because his Sun is in the bounds of a benefic (Venus).
The square between your Son's Mars and his Dad's Asc (which is the same degree as your Son's Moon) is an indicator of the type of relationship you describe.

Last edited:

vanila

It is little confusing...:unsure:
Please someone to explain to me....:eek::confused:
how to determinate the character of the relationships and the positions of the planets for my parents....:confused:

Is your Sun placed in the bounds of a natal placement your Dad has? For example, If my Sun were at 10 Pisces I would check if my father had Venus/Pisces.
Likewise for the Moon: My Moon is 15 Cancer in the bounds of Mercury - My Mother has natal Mercury/Cancer.
It can also indicate a bad relationship with the mother/father if in the bounds of a malefic which aspects the luminary concerned.
as Arian Maverick asked....but he/she(sorry Arian I don't know are you girl or a boy) understood it...

Please.... :eek:

shaggy

yay!!!i finally found a connection...
my uranus/neptune conjunctions' @ 20 deg capricorn & my mom's venus's in cappie.....
now!i donno if this applies or not.
my saturn's @ 24 deg 59 min aqua. i donno if i should take it as 25 or 24.
if 24,my dad's mars is in leo....

shaggy

It is little confusing...:unsure:
Please someone to explain to me....:eek::confused:
how to determinate the character of the relationships and the positions of the planets for my parents....:confused:

as Arian Maverick asked....but he/she(sorry Arian I don't know are you girl or a boy) understood it...

Please.... :eek:
if your sun's at 10 degrees pisces.
refer to the last row of the table coz it stands for pisces.
inbetween the degrees 0 & 12,you have the symbol of venus.
ur sun falls between 0-12 degrees.
so check out if your parents have their venus in pisces

if your sun was @ 25 degree leo.
you would refer to the 5th row,last column(24-30 degrees)
& since mars is the symbol there,you'll look for someone whose mars is in leo.

vanila

shaggy

if your sun's at 10 degrees pisces.
refer to the last row of the table coz it stands for pisces.
inbetween the degrees 0 & 12,you have the symbol of venus.
ur sun falls between 0-12 degrees.
so check out if your parents have their venus in pisces

if your sun was @ 25 degree leo.
you would refer to the 5th row,last column(24-30 degrees)
& since mars is the symbol there,you'll look for someone whose mars is in leo.
thank you...now it is better.... :smile:

Lunar Pisces

Hmm...

My 24 Gemini Sun is in bounds of Saturn--My mom's Saturn is in Pisces, conjunct my DC (ugh), and my dad's is in Aqua wide conjunct my NN and Mars (super triple double ugh--let's just say life's better since he passed away).

My 20 Pisces moon is in bounds of Mars--my mom's Mars is in Libra, conjunct my Uranus singleton (no wonder that she triggers my anxiety), and my dad's Mars was in Scorp, trining my Pisces moon

So I don't know if I did that right, but it looks like, no, not in my case. I have a lot of hard aspects between both my parents. My relationships with them have been far from loving or close. If I didn't have my mom's eyes and my dad's nose, I would swear neither where my real parents.

LittleMiss

What do you mean? If the sun or moon indicates a parents sunsign or any kind of natal placement of a parent, (at the same degree)?
I.e. my sun at my mothers saturn placement?

Vagabondgirl

I dont understand this either. I thought they meant the personal planets in conjunction, or am I wrong?

Cause I also only have my moon conjunct dads neptune and my sun conjuncst mums neptune. Does this count or not?

Arian Maverick

I interpreted this description to mean that the parent's natal planet, as indicated by the chart, is in the same sign as the child's Sun or Moon.

Arian Maverick

SagiCap

My Sun is in Sag - and my Father was Capricorn w/Sag-Rising. I am Sag, w/Cap-Rising. My Mom is a Capricorn too. I've always felt that my Father was the most important, closest human being to me on this planet!

How interesting this post is.

LittleMiss

I interpreted this description to mean that the parent's natal planet, as indicated by the chart, is in the same sign as the child's Sun or Moon.

Arian Maverick

Thanks! :smile:

If that's what the interpretasjon is about, then I don't have any sign I share with my mother, but a few with my father. (Wich is kind of strange, and almost... karmic I think, since my father is the one I feel I have the most difficult relationship with. I've always thought I had to be adopted, because we are the exact opposits in almost every aspect of life...)

I'm a Pisces sun with moon in Aquarius.

My father has Mars in Pisces, and also Moon in Aquarius like me.

(By the way, I've always felt that my father was my exact opposite, I couldn't find a human beeing I had less in common with. And It's kind of funny because he is a Virgo Sun, and I have a virgo ascendant and sun opposite ascendant...)

Last edited:

Mr stellium

Thanks! :smile:

If that's what the interpretasjon is about, then I don't have any sign I share with my mother, but a few with my father. (Wich is kind of strange, and almost... karmic I think, since my father is the one I feel I have the most difficult relationship with. I've always thought I had to be adopted, because we are the exact opposits in almost every aspect of life...)

I'm a Pisces sun with moon in Aquarius.

My father has Mars in Pisces, and also Moon in Aquarius like me.

(By the way, I've always felt that my father was my exact opposite, I couldn't find a human beeing I had less in common with. And It's kind of funny because he is a Virgo Sun, and I have a virgo ascendant and sun opposite ascendant...)
Is your Sun from 19 to 28 Pisces? If so, then the method works for you.

I have edited the table to correct some misunderstandings.