Does degrees of Moons nodes signify fateful event?

ChevyD

Hello,

I asked the question "will I ever return to my career?"

My signifier is Sun, career is Venus. North node is with Venus in tenth, so I read answer as yes.
BUT... I notice that Sun is same degree's as nodes and NN is in career house. What does this mean??

I am sure I read somewhere that any planet in same node degree signifies a fateful event.
And it is not any planet, it is my signifier that shares the same degrees. Does this change my answer from yes to no?

Some further information: I have worked in specific industry for last 9 years. It has given me everything that I have. Leaving will be life changing for me. My skills are not the most transferable skills... but I feel I need change. With Sun and NN in same degrees I am wondering if leaving this career will be a total disaster for me...

Thank you for any help

Screenshot 2022-06-11 111810.png

Screenshot 2022-06-11 112013.png

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello,

I asked the question "will I ever return to my career?"

My signifier is Sun, career is Venus. North node is with Venus in tenth, so I read answer as yes.
BUT... I notice that Sun is same degree's as nodes and NN is in career house. What does this mean??

I am sure I read somewhere that any planet in same node degree signifies a fateful event.
And it is not any planet, it is my signifier that shares the same degrees. Does this change my answer from yes to no?

Some further information: I have worked in mining industry for last 9 years. Mining has given me everything that I have. I make a lot of money in this industry. Leaving it will be life changing for me. My skills are not the most transferable skills... but I feel I need change. With Sun and NN in same degrees I am wondering if leaving this career will be a total disaster for me...

Thank you for any help

View attachment 91188

View attachment 91189
I've not seen anything in horary that says that any planet in same node degree signifies a fateful event..
NN in the 10th is favaorable, but with no aspect between you/Sun and your career, and with Moon's next aspect being an opposition, it appears that your return to your career won't be easy.
Horary doesn't answer "ever" questions, so whatever the answer is, it won't be for "ever"

dr. farr

Although I am rather a fanatic about the importance of the lunar nodes (especially the SN-“dragons tail Farr!“) nonetheless I completely agree with llenek’s above statement re to a planet in the same node degree.

ChevyD

Interesting. Thank you both for your responses. I was able to find where I read this... Horary astrology plain & simple by Anthony Lewis. I also did some google research and found a thread on skyscript and Linda Goodman forum regarding this. However horary is not really my area of study. I just find it odd that in seven months of unemployment, I have done nothing to change my circumstance and then when I finally decide to ask the question I am drawn instantly to the nodes degrees

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8456&highlight=S.

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum36/HTML/000652.html

dr. farr

I do agree that Venus conjunct NN is a quite + position, especially with Venus in 10th house of career and in domicile in Taurus; but while very significant I cannot describe it as “fatefull”; in orthodox horary since there is no aspect involving significators sun and Venus, indications are more for a no answer to the question; however, in the unorthodox Ankara horary method which I follow, since venus flows toward the sun, I would count this as an additional + testimony to the Venus/NN conjunction, although moon flowing away from Venus would = a - testimony; overall by Ankara you have +2 and -1 testimonies given a net +1 which = a ”probably yes” answer to the horary question. However, the time period is unclear-remember not to ask “ever” questions-it’s always best to be specific about a time period.

ChevyD

Thank you again. Yours and IleneK answer explain exactly as I feel about situation... I probably will return but it will be a difficult return and could take a while. I do seek change but I have nothing I want to replace my career with, no wants, ideas or other options. I also do not particularly want to return to my chosen career either.

It's a very strange situation.

As I have never had this feeling before I thought that something is destined to happen here. Something not totally in my control, something that comes by surprise, perhaps something I have never considered suddenly appears. Explained by node and signifier degree.

But then again I am probably clinging to false hopes of change. I do believe that I am the agent of change but I am also very interested in the moon and its nodes and I can't easily ignore anything that I see regarding those. Yes time period is unclear because I am unclear on if I will even bother to return let alone when. I will think more about this and go from there. Many thanks

dr. farr

just a note; I personally disagree with the statements about the nodes in the 2 references cited above by the OP; CONJUNCTION WITH THE NN CAN NEVER BE A MALEFIC, NEGATIVE OR UNFORTUNATE INDICATION for any planet, angle, cuspal point or lot, in my opinion (the concept that the NN might be - arises from Vedic tradition concerning Rahu, which in Vedic astrology = the NN) I personally believe that the NN = the combined benefic influences of Venus conjunct Jupiter, and the SN = the combined malefic influences of Mars conjunct Saturn.

Last edited:

ChevyD

just a note; I personally disagree with the statements about the nodes in the 2 references cited above by the OP; CONJUNCTION WITH THE NN CAN NEVER BE A MALEFIC, NEGATIVE OR UNFORTUNATE INDICATION for any planet, angle, cuspal point or lot, in my opinion (the concept that the NN might be - arises from Vedic tradition concerning Rahu, which in Vedic astrology = the NN)

Yes its true, my area of study is Vedic and NN/Rahu is considered malefic in that area. I know for horary it is not considered malefic in any way, which is why I initially read the chart as a yes answer. In horary NN is positive and SN is negative if my understanding is correct. But the degrees throw me. If SN is negative then I thought this must have some negative influence and with moon in opposition I thought it would change my answer from yes to no. But to be clear, in your experience with horary, nodes degrees has no impact on the chart?

dr. farr

Right, similar degrees to the degree of the nodes have no special effects, in my opinion; only the nodes themselves have a specific effect. I’ll go further and say that in my opinion nodes have effect only by conjunction in longitude or parallel of declination.

ChevyD

Yes I see. The nodes themselves give the effect by conjunction (parallels are similar to conjunction I believe).
The degree alone has no impact. Fascinating.
I place great importance on the moon and nodes in astrology and sometimes reach a little bit too far, especially in an area of astrology that I am not well versed in. Thanks again