Do you love like your moon?

Brendan34

I forgot to list my aspects:

Moon in Capricorn
Moon Sextile Venus
Moon Sextile Mercury
House VIII

And am Cancer Ascendant so Moon would probably be of prominence in that case.

poyi

Premium Member
My Moon is arguably the most well aspected planet/luminary of my chart.

Trine Mercury
Semi sextile Saturn
Conjunct Uranus
Trine MC
Trine POF
Semi Square Pluto
Semi septile Jupiter
Square Venus
Tri decile Sun
Conjunct SN

Parallel Jupiter
Parallel Neptune
Parallel Uranus
Parallel Vertex
Parallel SN

Most all of those are about 1 deg loose or less. Except for the Venus square, SN conj and POF trine which are all much looser.

Moons in Sag in the 5th house, with Scorpio on the 5th house cusp.

The moons supposed to indicate the type of woman you'll eventually marry, if that's the case then looking at my chart she should be close to perfect. Intelligent, Lucky, loyal, caring, psychic, intensely passionate.

I've had her in my mind for awhile now, but no luck yet on finding this being in the real world.:lol:

Could very well be many women have parts of the ingredients and you sense these in them and got so confused which one to pick!

poyi

Premium Member
Maybe so. I'm working on myself right now and trying to hone my intuition, which is coming along. So maybe next time I will See the right one when she comes into my life.

My exes have had pieces of the puzzle but never the whole picture. One common denominator is they've always been heavily lunar influenced ie heavily aspected moons and/or a cancer influence.

Since you have a few South node connections might very well relate to past life.

anjelik

I like my Gemini Moon, I think it makes me interesting!

Gemini, 4th house
Trine Ascendant (Cap)
Square Sun (Pisces)
Trine Venus (Cap)
Opposite Uranus (Sag)

I'm very talkative and apparently come off as easily approachable. People feel very comfortable around me and I am able to get people to open up and let their guard down. I get bored easily - of basically anything - people, hobbies, friends, etc. I definitely need to be constantly stimulated and I flip flop between needing my alone time and my people time. It is usually quite extreme. I've been told I'm an interesting conversationalist and that I offer sound logical advice. I have a tendency to analyze EVERYTHING, which is kind of annoying but I never get tired of it. I am cool with the unfamiliar and have no issues traveling alone or just being in a place out of my comfort zone. I actually really enjoy it.

I like my Moon but find it difficult to really emotionally connect with people.

M

may28gemini

Interesting post, you definitely seem to possess sound knowledge of yourself and seem to know what you are drawn toward. It's funny, we sound like exact opposites. I always appreciate personal feelings of other people and am good at being there for those who need it on a personal level. It makes me feel more human to see that people are not always composed, even if it is difficult at times, in some strange way it gives me a sense of hope. I'm not saying I like people who are lost souls for the sake of it at all, but I am good at tuning into others moods and natures. If everyone were composed all the time, life would be too dull for me.

I think it's quite excellent for a person to know themselves and what their limits are. I think the Moon sign and house placement along with the Moon's aspects to other planets offers a very intimate glimpse of what our drawbacks are and that's were the answers lie in how to improve upon something lacking. This is the part where I say that modern astrology's faux pas is not recognizing the importance of limitations and how to solve problems. I could go on and on ranting about it, but I'll leave it at that simple sentence.

To address your astute observation, I probably sound like I'm a good business person, someone who defaults to being objective and very rational. I actually have always been that way (maybe not as well defined as I am now), but I was first and foremost extremely soft and had a bleeding heart that would feel for everything and it would overwhelm me to the point of blackouts (yes, physical blackouts). I didn't just absorb too much, I absorbed EVERYTHING and that was my detriment. It took me a very long time to understand my emotional shortcomings and how to control it, but boy, am I EXTREMELY glad that I learned!

What I mean by this is, being that I still do have Pisces Moon, I am overall soft-hearted, and I'd rather forgive others and let things slide (or go to h3ll) rather than rock the boat and risk being the cause of turmoil/chaos. When I was younger, I was quite passive. I grew up in an abusive home and was hit often by my father, for any, all, or no reason at all. Nothing was ever explained to me why something was the way it was in the household and I never quite grasped why it had to be so mean. So that was the genesis. Onward, if anyone said something mean to me, I wouldn't argue with them... I would just let it slide and for many years, I had encountered plenty of nasty people who bossed me around and have a strange liking to manipulating me and always used emotional blackmail against me. I hated that and I use to blame the world and external forces for my woes. I sound like I was a total doormat, and it seemed like I was but in reality I wasn't. I just hated myself for allowing others to push me around and I hated others for picking me as their victim but I felt trapped and worried that if I lashed back, I'd be the "bad" one.

When I was 25, I became a social worker. I had a very strong and longstanding desire to "help" others: the lost, the unfortunate, those who needed others. Within 2 months of working, not only did I see reality behind my emotional fallacy because all the clients in my caseload were calling me and screaming at me, blaming me for everything wrong in their lives; I also reconnected with my murderous, seething rage that stemmed from my childhood. Something happened inside me and I snapped. I yelled back at a client who really pushed me (a self righteous Aquarius, of course :annoyed:) and the whole office could hear me smashing things in my cubicle. Everyone saw the scary rage that I'm capable of, and believe me, it would rival the devil.

My boss was an extremely passive but intellectual Virgo and she was scared to approach me in person but sent me an authoritative email stating what she wanted from me in the most nonchalant and matter of fact way, "I want you to take at least 2 of these seminars I have listed for you." She listed 4 seminars and they all had to do emotional control (and being under stress). I went to all 4 of them (as I believed they could all help me improve) as my job paid for me to attend them and I was still paid my regular salary absent from the office. I came back and became the most well-composed, austere person. I no longer blinked when people got up in my face and yelled at me, nor did I flinch when people made threats. I learned how to take control of any type of situation and I knew how to turn around and deescalate anger and tension. I no longer fell victim to others nor would I be afraid of taking control, and if arguments and discord erupt, so be it. I learned to not be afraid.

That's how I went from a bleeding heart to being draconic. By the time my Saturn's return started (I was 28), I already laid down the (emotional) foundation and had several years of practice under my belt from which I live by today.

My point from this drastically long story is, emotions can be taught and controlled, too.

Last edited:

serafin5

Cancer Sun in the 11th
Virgo Asc.
Moon in Aquarius in the 6th:

(But as I have learn from this site, so it is so close to the cusp that some of it influence may be felt in the 5th, right?)

Anyway I am thinking today that some experiences in my childhood, my relationship with my mother influenced how I love, and specially, why I chose my husband.

And today is one of those days I am wishing I have know this facts of myself before, and are secretly a little resentful of her because of her detachment of me. Yes, I know: another Cancer cliché...

I think I subconciously look for people that are different and somewhat distant emotionally.

In fact, the first time I saw my now husband, I strangely admired the way he conducted himself and how prudent he was..., that, even back then, so young, it was a trait I looked in a potential mate.

Then I wish they where emotionally more close to me, something they in fact may never be able to give me. And then I feel lonely and try to detach myself from feelings to be able to go on, also escape through books/tv/internet. When it gets too hurtful, I try to exorcise myself through writing. It helps, but I keep delaying to be more productive with it because the "labor pains" are too much.

My husband is a Sag/Libra Moon-and if I guessed the time of birth correctly: the Moon may be in the first house Libra.

My Mom is a Libra with Moon in Leo.

I am hurting today (and not just emotional hurt: I've been battling a hurt back like 2 weeks now, on top of all). I think I'll never be satisfied with the love/ emotional response I receive from the ones I care about.

So today, I do not like my Moon, the same way I do not like the reflection of the mirror when I am like this: messy.

Hi Prisma! Your posts sounds so sad but you have amazing insight here something so many never acquire. And I can see why your Aquarian Moon, being cerebral and a bit distant, would conflict with a warm Cancer Sun. Personally I have always loved Aquarian Moon people as they generally shown so much intuition and insight. To me it's definitely one of the best Moon Signs out there!

Take heart Prisma! You are loved so just keep shinning your light!
Serafin5

serafin5

I think it's quite excellent for a person to know themselves and what their limits are. I think the Moon sign and house placement along with the Moon's aspects to other planets offers a very intimate glimpse of what our drawbacks are and that's were the answers lie in how to improve upon something lacking. This is the part where I say that modern astrology's faux pas is not recognizing the importance of limitations and how to solve problems. I could go on and on ranting about it, but I'll leave it at that simple sentence.

To address your astute observation, I probably sound like I'm a good business person, someone who defaults to being objective and very rational. I actually have always been that way (maybe not as well defined as I am now), but I was first and foremost extremely soft and had a bleeding heart that would feel for everything and it would overwhelm me to the point of blackouts (yes, physical blackouts). I didn't just absorb too much, I absorbed EVERYTHING and that was my detriment. It took me a very long time to understand my emotional shortcomings and how to control it, but boy, am I EXTREMELY glad that I learned!

What I mean by this is, being that I still do have Pisces Moon, I am overall soft-hearted, and I'd rather forgive others and let things slide (or go to h3ll) rather than rock the boat and risk being the cause of turmoil/chaos. When I was younger, I was quite passive. I grew up in an abusive home and was hit often by my father, for any, all, or no reason at all. Nothing was ever explained to me why something was the way it was in the household and I never quite grasped why it had to be so mean. So that was the genesis. Onward, if anyone said something mean to me, I wouldn't argue with them... I would just let it slide and for many years, I had encountered plenty of nasty people who bossed me around and have a strange liking to manipulating me and always used emotional blackmail against me. I hated that and I use to blame the world and external forces for my woes. I sound like I was a total doormat, and it seemed like I was but in reality I wasn't. I just hated myself for allowing others to push me around and I hated others for picking me as their victim but I felt trapped and worried that if I lashed back, I'd be the "bad" one.

When I was 25, I became a social worker. I had a very strong and longstanding desire to "help" others: the lost, the unfortunate, those who needed others. Within 2 months of working, not only did I see reality behind my emotional fallacy because all the clients in my caseload were calling me and screaming at me, blaming me for everything wrong in their lives; I also reconnected with my murderous, seething rage that stemmed from my childhood. Something happened inside me and I snapped. I yelled back at a client who really pushed me (a self righteous Aquarius, of course :annoyed:) and the whole office could hear me smashing things in my cubicle. Everyone saw the scary rage that I'm capable of, and believe me, it would rival the devil.

My boss was an extremely passive but intellectual Virgo and she was scared to approach me in person but sent me an authoritative email stating what she wanted from me in the most nonchalant and matter of fact way, "I want you to take at least 2 of these seminars I have listed for you." She listed 4 seminars and they all had to do emotional control (and being under stress). I went to all 4 of them (as I believed they could all help me improve) as my job paid for me to attend them and I was still paid my regular salary absent from the office. I came back and became the most well-composed, austere person. I no longer blinked when people got up in my face and yelled at me, nor did I flinch when people made threats. I learned how to take control of any type of situation and I knew how to turn around and deescalate anger and tension. I no longer fell victim to others nor would I be afraid of taking control, and if arguments and discord erupt, so be it. I learned to not be afraid.

That's how I went from a bleeding heart to being draconic. By the time my Saturn's return started (I was 28), I already laid down the (emotional) foundation and had several years of practice under my belt from which I live by today.

My point from this drastically long story is, emotions can be taught and controlled, too.

I'm so proud of you May28! But don't feel like the lone ranger here. My so-called "passive" Taurus Moon in the 7th you'd think nothing ever bothered me but I was known for my temper my entire youth and I've had temper tantrums too! That intense pain eating me up inside so I knew I had to grow up! But people should never underestimate those of us on the surface seem the most calm. The more blustery of us spark bright but burn out pretty fast!

Luv ya
S5:smile:

moonstark

Aries moon in the 1st, sq. Neptune; conjunct NN; distantly conjunct Mars; inconjunct Pluto (in the 7th).

I'm more of a venus in sag in love (super goofy/jokey, adventurous, fun-seeking, philosophical) + virgo DC (love giving unsolicited health advice, somewhat critical of my partner's eating habits/hygiene/presentation, super choosy about who I'm with).

Aries energy comes into play more when I feel slighted like I'm not #1 (soo competitive! and heavy competition with pluto in the 7th). Impatient, quick to argue/confront over whatever is bothering me, needing to have sex after fighting/needing to fight everything out, impulsively wanting to break up with my boyfriend whenever he does something that bothers me. High energy in intimate relationships generally -- effortless passion & drive (linked to my Mars in Aries). A desire for physical play fighting. Can be overly assertive or bossy. Child-like refusal/inability to empathize with my partner if I feel he is even the least bit rude or careless or not 100% present. Lots of ego action, although probably tamer or murkier than other aries moons since my SN is Libra & I've got a lot of 12th house/pisces/neptune connections.

Big time aries moon around my mother, obv --- have ZERO patience for her!

I'm nothing like an Aries to acquaintances/friends/strangers -- allllll Pisces rising timidity & sweetness or Aquarian sun/merc quirkiness.

M

may28gemini

I'm so proud of you May28! But don't feel like the lone ranger here. My so-called "passive" Taurus Moon in the 7th you'd think nothing ever bothered me but I was known for my temper my entire youth and I've had temper tantrums too! That intense pain eating me up inside so I knew I had to grow up! But people should never underestimate those of us on the surface seem the most calm. The more blustery of us spark bright but burn out pretty fast!

Luv ya
S5:smile:

You're not passive at all, but far nicer a person and try to treat others with kindness and gentleness. That's the beauty of exalted Moon in 7th (angular). Moon should be in the 7th anyway, shows you cares for those you have relationships with.

You're right, calm ones on the surface are boiling somewhere...and it's underneath!! :lol:

Lucid

I don't love like my moon, I love with my venus :-]

Though, unfortunately, they square each other pretty tightly.... and moon is ruler of the 7th. If I had waited a few more minutes, the dc might've trined venus in pisces... anyway;

moon in sagittarius, close to 12th house cusp=me daydreaming about exotic places and the beach.... then go to the beach since it's closer and cheaper LOL.

M

may28gemini

Sagittarius Moon is extremely difficult as it is inconjunct by sign to both the Moon's domicile of Cancer and exaltation of Taurus. Harder for Sag Moon people to get in touch with their emotions and know how to effectively express/manage it. Maybe it's even harder for them than detriment Cap Moon. Same with all the Fire Moons really. Aries squares domicile and next to exaltation (signs next to each other do not "see" each other). Leo is squares exaltation and next to domicile. Basically, Fire signs more or less "wrong" Moons to have.

Lucid

Sagittarius Moon is extremely difficult as it is inconjunct by sign to both the Moon's domicile of Cancer and exaltation of Taurus. Harder for Sag Moon people to get in touch with their emotions and know how to effectively express/manage it. Maybe it's even harder for them than detriment Cap Moon. Same with all the Fire Moons really. Aries squares domicile and next to exaltation (signs next to each other do not "see" each other). Leo is squares exaltation and next to domicile. Basically, Fire signs more or less "wrong" Moons to have.

Don't particularly care for exaltations, detriments etc. Find them extremely limiting and mind-narrowing. Actually, this is the first time I read an astrologer's opinion that there is a "wrong" sign for a planet to be in. Someone once said that a capricorn mars brings sure success to a chart. Miley Cyrus and Warren Buffet shouldn't find out about this, since they have mars in "detriment" cancer (and moons in detrimental scorpio and sagittarius). Also Bill Gates, with his mars in UH-UH libra. How is he ever going to make it in this world with that kind of mars? the poor thing... and a moon in aries, too! he must be struggling every day with these wrong placements...
Althoug maybe it's good that they don't know about detriments and such? :unsure:

poyi

Premium Member
To assess a chart, you really need to find the final dispositor as well as the house placement, midpoints, arabic parts, fixed stars, declinations, while the progression and transit along with Solar return, lunar return, Solar arcs and then the more complex divisional charts and harmonic many things need to be looked at, these all together as a whole can determine how the path will go. Focusing on only one sign for one particular planet is false astrology, nothing more than Sun sign astrology on newspaper/fashion magazines.

Lucid

To assess a chart, you really need to find the final dispositor as well as the house placement, midpoints, arabic parts, fixed stars, declinations, while the progression and transit along with Solar return, lunar return, Solar arcs and then the more complex divisional charts and harmonic many things need to be looked at, these all together as a whole can determine how the path will go. Focusing on only one sign for one particular planet is false astrology, nothing more than Sun sign astrology on newspaper/fashion magazines.

Agreed.

Though the original post asked a very general question regarding people's moon placement. That's what most people answered.

M

may28gemini

Don't particularly care for exaltations, detriments etc. Find them extremely limiting and mind-narrowing. Actually, this is the first time I read an astrologer's opinion that there is a "wrong" sign for a planet to be in. Someone once said that a capricorn mars brings sure success to a chart. Miley Cyrus and Warren Buffet shouldn't find out about this, since they have mars in "detriment" cancer (and moons in detrimental scorpio and sagittarius). Also Bill Gates, with his mars in UH-UH libra. How is he ever going to make it in this world with that kind of mars? the poor thing... and a moon in aries, too! he must be struggling every day with these wrong placements...
Althoug maybe it's good that they don't know about detriments and such? :unsure:

Well, astrology is very old and has foundations. Part of the foundations has much to do with basic stuff as exaltations, detriments, and fallen signs as much as peregrine, and house systems, etc.

I'm not an astrologer, I never claim to be, nor do I even want to be. But yes, in astrology there are "wrong" signs to have...that's why there's detriments and fallen planets when they enter certain signs that messes up their ability to function.

Many people have weird issues accepting that their chart has debilities and will dismiss it as limiting and "narrow minded" but it's not and no amount of dismissal can change astrology to say that all signs, planets, aspects, houses are good and nothing is bad or wrong. Yes, there are bad and wrong things in charts, just as there are bad and wrong people and things.

So what if Bill Gates has been very successful and he has a Libra Mars? Having a debilitated Mars doesn't bar a person from making money and becoming rich. But consider this, perhaps he might actually be hard to deal with on a personal level with his family. Mars isn't only about ambition. Aries MC people generally know what direction they're going and know how to get their way. He has Moon conjunct MC... he must fulfill his unique potential by competing and being the best at something. And sure enough he did. But just because he succeeded, that doesn't mean his Mars is somehow NOT corrupted. It still is because it's a detriment Mars.

Lucid

Well, astrology is very old and has foundations. Part of the foundations has much to do with basic stuff as exaltations, detriments, and fallen signs as much as peregrine, and house systems, etc.

I'm not an astrologer, I never claim to be, nor do I even want to be. But yes, in astrology there are "wrong" signs to have...that's why there's detriments and fallen planets when they enter certain signs that messes up their ability to function.

Even if you're not an astrologer, using terminolgy that assertss certain placements as "wrong" or "negative" makes a chart very black and white. That you either have a "good" or you either have a "bad" chart. Actually, that is something I would expect from a beginner. "Oh, I have a moon in scorpio, and it says here that it's in its detriment, how unfortunate my emotional life must be" and that person could have nothing but trines and sextiles to his moon. It is where it is placed, aspected and housed as that's how you were born with. Once you learn about them, you know what you'll have to deal with.

Many people have weird issues accepting that their chart has debilities and will dismiss it as limiting and "narrow minded" but it's not and no amount of dismissal can change astrology to say that all signs, planets, aspects, houses are good and nothing is bad or wrong. Yes, there are bad and wrong things in charts, just as there are bad and wrong people and things.

Who are these people? never met them. Most people on these forums (and others) who wish to learn about themselves will admit to their faults. I guarantee you that. Including me (as I already have in my first post).

I've never said that all signs and placements should be "good" nor "bad", or "wrong". I'm saying that each placement can mean a many things in a chart, and I would think that titling them "bad" or "negative" is limiting, because some placements might make you work harder, but also help you achieve greater from yourself. Placement of one planet alone doesn't mean that a person is going to have a life full of difficulties. Or else, what would a person with sun in libra, moon in scorpio, mercury in sagittarius, venus in scorpio, and mars in cancer do? kill themselves since it is obviously the most debilitated chart ever?
If you were to tell them that it's a negative, bad placement, so just deal with it, they might as well do. But saying that there are areas in life where they will face challenges, and they will have to work harder to achieve balance is completely different. The choice of words which is not limited to the dichotomy of "bad" and "good" makes all the difference. I never thought that moon in sagittarius (or aries) makes for a "bad" placement. It always seemed to me as giving my optimistic and cheerful part of my personality. How on earth could that be a "bad" placement? because it is, apparently, peregrine to cancer?

So what if Bill Gates has been very successful and he has a Libra Mars? Having a debilitated Mars doesn't bar a person from making money and becoming rich. But consider this, perhaps he might actually be hard to deal with on a personal level with his family. Mars isn't only about ambition. Aries MC people generally know what direction they're going and know how to get their way. He has Moon conjunct MC... he must fulfill his unique potential by competing and being the best at something. And sure enough he did. But just because he succeeded, that doesn't mean his Mars is somehow NOT corrupted. It still is because it's a detriment Mars.

Again with this usage, "corrupted" mars. Why not say that it is a very diplomatic, cooperative mars? that perhaps having this kind of mars helped him achieve things by means of relationships and cooperation?
According to your statements, having a "bad" planet placement means not being able to achieve much in that area. So even though he succeeded, you insist on calling it a "corrupted" mars..... "bad" moon placement=emotionally challenged, "bad" mars placement=achievement of things unlikely.
I think you're missing the point of exaltation and fall, and the reason for why it is limiting. Actually, you just proved it with your own words.
When astrologers wanted to know what planet placement a person might be most aware of in this area, they called this sign for that planet "exalted". And then they assumed that the opposing sign would be his "fall". Yet, here we are, discussing a man who succeeded beyond his dreams, and you say that it doesn't matter how much he succeeded, AS IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT MARS IS IN DETRIMENT AND THEREFORE IT IS MUST BE CORRUPTED IN SOME WAY. Do you see my point? instead of refering to the man's entire chart and trying to understand with what means he was able to succeed, you cling to the "ancient" astrological notion that a "mars in detriment" is a corrupted mars nontheless.

Exalt/fall is supposed to help when interpreting the signs, not interfere with the overall interpretation.

M

may28gemini

Again with this usage, "corrupted" mars. Why not say that it is a very diplomatic, cooperative mars? that perhaps having this kind of mars helped him achieve things by means of relationships and cooperation?
According to your statements, having a "bad" planet placement means not being able to achieve much in that area. So even though he succeeded, you insist on calling it a "corrupted" mars..... "bad" moon placement=emotionally challenged, "bad" mars placement=achievement of things unlikely.
I think you're missing the point of exaltation and fall, and the reason for why it is limiting. Actually, you just proved it with your own words.
When astrologers wanted to know what planet placement a person might be most aware of in this area, they called this sign for that planet "exalted". And then they assumed that the opposing sign would be his "fall". Yet, here we are, discussing a man who succeeded beyond his dreams, and you say that it doesn't matter how much he succeeded, AS IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT MARS IS IN DETRIMENT AND THEREFORE IT IS MUST BE CORRUPTED IN SOME WAY. Do you see my point? instead of refering to the man's entire chart and trying to understand with what means he was able to succeed, you cling to the "ancient" astrological notion that a "mars in detriment" is a corrupted mars nontheless.

Exalt/fall is supposed to help when interpreting the signs, not interfere with the overall interpretation.

You're making incorrect inferences from what I said about the Moon. I never said that having a debilities in a chart means the person cannot achieve. If you think I've miss the point of exaltation or fallen or detriment, fine. I haven't. Traditional astrology has actually been more strict and foreboding than any descriptors I've ever given.

I get the sneaking suspicion that you have Libra Mars and you're unhappy with traditional astrology say about that, otherwise, why are you personally upset over Bill Gates having Libra Mars? Who cares. He doesn't care. He's a billionaire and he probably doesn't even nor care about astrology.

You seem to have a major problem with me in how I word things but let me tell you this, disagree and dislike how I word my astrological observations all you want, but it doesn't change anything in astrology. I didn't invent it and I don't agree with all of it, but I certainly agree with why planets in certain signs are debilitated and why in others they're dignified. And why is it that you have such a problem with my word choice that you're picking a nonsensical fight with me about?

I will not say what Libra Mars is "cooperative" and/or "diplomatic" because they're NOT cooperative nor diplomatic. They are passive aggressive but ambitious as Aries Mars but they are too spineless to act in a direct manner. It is detriment as it acts very anti Mars by nature being the opposite of Mars' domicile of Aries. Mars is supposed to be action decisive and action oriented. Libra is neither decisive nor action oriented. The Libra Mars mantra is to sit on the fence and not take any sides because they're too afraid of making a stance. That's Libra Mars by nature. Depending on how it plays in a person's chart, determines how strong those traits are. Some planets can modify the Mars and lessen the corrupted effects but it's still astrologically a corrupted planet.

Planets in detriment are "corrupted" by definition. But just because a chart has a or several corrupted or fallen planets doesn't mean that they cannot or will not succeed. And the question is, more importantly, succeed in what? When someone succeeds or does something in life, that is not going to change their natal chart because they were born with what they were born with.

Lucid

You're making incorrect inferences from what I said about the Moon. I never said that having a debilities in a chart means the person cannot achieve. If you think I've miss the point of exaltation or fallen or detriment, fine. I haven't. Traditional astrology has actually been more strict and foreboding than any descriptors I've ever given.

I get the sneaking suspicion that you have Libra Mars and you're unhappy with traditional astrology say about that, otherwise, why are you personally upset over Bill Gates having Libra Mars? Who cares. He doesn't care. He's a billionaire and he probably doesn't even nor care about astrology.

You seem to have a major problem with me in how I word things but let me tell you this, disagree and dislike how I word my astrological observations all you want, but it doesn't change anything in astrology. I didn't invent it and I don't agree with all of it, but I certainly agree with why planets in certain signs are debilitated and why in others they're dignified. And why is it that you have such a problem with my word choice that you're picking a nonsensical fight with me about?

I will not say what Libra Mars is "cooperative" and/or "diplomatic" because they're NOT cooperative nor diplomatic. They are passive aggressive but ambitious as Aries Mars but they are too spineless to act in a direct manner. It is detriment as it acts very anti Mars by nature being the opposite of Mars' domicile of Aries. Mars is supposed to be action decisive and action oriented. Libra is neither decisive nor action oriented. The Libra Mars mantra is to sit on the fence and not take any sides because they're too afraid of making a stance. That's Libra Mars by nature. Depending on how it plays in a person's chart, determines how strong those traits are. Some planets can modify the Mars and lessen the corrupted effects but it's still astrologically a corrupted planet.

Planets in detriment are "corrupted" by definition. But just because a chart has a or several corrupted or fallen planets doesn't mean that they cannot or will not succeed. And the question is, more importantly, succeed in what? When someone succeeds or does something in life, that is not going to change their natal chart because they were born with what they were born with.

I still think [Moon in Libra] is a diplomatic, cooperative, communicative placement.

[deleted attacks and responding to attacks - Moderator]

Western-modern astrology has been shaped a certain way, but I would not take wordings made in the medieval ages, to describe people's personalities nowadays. It was used to help astrologers shape an opinion regarding the nature of the position of the planets' placements, not neccesarily a personal negative side. For that we look for aspects (houses etc). If you were to take everything astrology says in the simplest manner, than how would you desrcibe the fact that a mars in scorpio (where it rules) is peregrine to aries, its ruler? or that the moon in scorpio is supposedly in the fall from taurus moon, yet it trines cancer, the moon's natural ruler? or that taurus is peregrine to libra, yet they both rule venus? or both pisces and sagittarius rule jupiter (before neptune was discovered) and yet they are square in nature?

"But just because a chart has a or several corrupted or fallen planets doesn't mean that they cannot or will not succeed." I must be remembering otherwise, as that didn't prevent you from saying that lana del rey couldn't possibly have a cancer mars, as it is a "broken down" sign for mars. Again, your idea of what makes a planet debilitated causes you to think that "broken down" signs cannot succeed. And again, Warren Buffett and Miley Cyrus would make great examples to prove you otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

may28gemini

I liked how you "guessed" that my mars is in libra, and than went all the way to show what a weak, spineless placement it is. Unfortunately for you, you guessed wrong :-] ad hominem much?
Though I still think it is a diplomatic, cooperative, communicative placement.

That's fine that you appreciate Libra Mars but I don't so why don't you tell me why you have a problem a problem with how I view Libra or why you're so against my word choices? I know it's not about astrology.

[deleted attacks and responding to attacks - Moderator]

"But just because a chart has a or several corrupted or fallen planets doesn't mean that they cannot or will not succeed." I must be remembering otherwise, as that didn't prevent you from saying that lana del rey couldn't possibly have a cancer mars, as it is a "broken down" sign for mars. Again, your idea of what makes a planet debilitated causes you to think that "broken down" signs cannot succeed. And again, Warren Buffett and Miley Cyrus would make great examples to prove you otherwise.

Again, I ask you the important question of what is it that the main objective that determines success because that's all vague. You haven't answered that. To succeed in one area does not mean it's complete success across the board.

I don't care about Warren Buffett and Miley Cyrus. They're great examples of how busted Cancer Mars really could be. Warren Buffett's Margaritaville? Pfftttt is there another hit that he had that wasn't about being a drunkard in Mexico with random tattoo? Miley Cyrus is a disgusting beast that has done nasty crazy things to get attention. Fame by twerking and sticking out a huge tongue at some awards show? Gimme a break, that's lame and busted.

Oh BTW, Bill Gates may have been the wealthiest man at one point, which was a huge achievement, but he buckled down under pressure to give a huge chunk of his money away. He folded under pressure to give it away to charities when he shouldn't have. He didn't adapt his business to fit the needs of the changing market. Aries Mars person like Steve Jobs would NEVER fold under pressure and would tell society to go shove it because what he worked hard for is what he'll keep. Aries Mars would be strong to keep at their vision regardless of what external oppositions gave them. Jobs was ousted out of his own company before but he kept being determined and they brought him back and he not only rebranded the way we see technology, but the way we use it. Jobs envisioned technology to have style and anyone and everyone should be able to use it, those are fundamentals that that never occurred to Gates... which lead to the steadily drop of Microsoft stocks since mid 2000s as Apple stocks kept climbing through the roof. As a matter of fact, I'm on my lovely and well designed Macbook Pro typing. Who would have known a slab of aluminum would be so d@mn elegant and sexy as a laptop? But Jobs thought of it and made it happen. Apple loves suing other companies over designs and other infringements and they usually win BIG. As a matter of fact, they recently won against Samsung on a patent issue that got them $290 million. Apple was incorporated on Jan 1 1977...during Cap Mars. AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator: