Do you consider yourself an objectivist?

Bunraku

I notice a lot of them like to go on about rationality and rational agency being the core tenet of objectivism--processing the external world in a self-centered and self-serving manner. The point being that "rational" independence and thefocus on oneself could bring about a positive change to the world.

Ayways, things were traditionally categorized as solar (masculine, rational thinking, etc.).

I'm not a good fit for objectivism because I don't consider myself a rational being, but rather a host of irrational thoughts that are incomprehensible to mankind. I am the unknown, the depths, and the darkness, that forces flow through like an undercurrent. This connects to the community and the welfare of "rational agents" such as human beings and "irrational agents" such as animals, vegetation, minerals, etc. The world simply is not ready to accept this.

Bunraku

To be honest, a lot of men like to pride themselves on being rational, objective, and unemotional, when they're anything BUT that. They like to think of themselves as that...but they're like everyone else.

waybread

Ah, Yes, Bunraku.

It's like one of the biggest put-downs they know to lob at a woman is that she's being "emotional."

Which is actually a logical fallacy. Whether a given argument is valid or invalid has nothing to do with her delivery style. Half the time, she's not even overwrought: it's just his way of criticizing her.

[How's that for objectivity?]

AppLeo

A lot of people mistake apathy with being objective, but I think a lot of people are either apathetic or, if not, then they're subjective. It's rare that a person is truly objective.

omg ikr

its so funny when engineers or mathematicians take pride in their "abilities"
we all know physics is just mashing a bunch of symbols together
boats and bridges are made by accident, not with reason

To be honest, a lot of men like to pride themselves on being rational, objective, and unemotional, when they're anything BUT that. They like to think of themselves as that...but they're like everyone else.

ugh those men are the worst.
they're actually proud of themselves for applying logic and reason
pfff.. do they realize that there's more to life than making sense? idiots
its the heart that counts. humility is important because reality is beyond any of us. its honestly just an illusion.

AppLeo

Ah, Yes, Bunraku.

It's like one of the biggest put-downs they know to lob at a woman is that she's being "emotional."

Which is actually a logical fallacy. Whether a given argument is valid or invalid has nothing to do with her delivery style. Half the time, she's not even overwrought: it's just his way of criticizing her.

[How's that for objectivity?]

super objective
10/10 good job waybread

Bunraku

Right, cause people are laboratory materials

good job appleo

This was actually a discussion sometime back on twitter. Even if something likes to claim objectivity, it's still biased. Algorithms are created by humans, so the input and output can also be biased. I have many examples.