Do I have a Yod in My Chart?

ohlala82

Hi There,

I'm new to the site and an amateur in regards to astrology.

A friend of mine who has just started studying astrology informed me that she thinks I have a yod in my chart with Chiron in Taurus at the apex point.

I would love to know for sure if this is true as I've read up on Yods in natal charts and I find them fascinating. and I have to say, the description of the effect Yods have on a natal chart really resonates with me.

I would be grateful if someone more experienced in astrology would be able to look at my chart and confirm if I have a Yod or not.

Much Appreciated!

Oriene x

fav37l.jpg

2vxk2ua.jpg

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi There,

I'm new to the site and an amateur in regards to astrology.

A friend of mine who has just started studying astrology informed me that she thinks I have a yod in my chart with Chiron in Taurus at the apex point.

I would love to know for sure if this is true as I've read up on Yods in natal charts and I find them fascinating. and I have to say, the description of the effect Yods have on a natal chart really resonates with me.

I would be grateful if someone more experienced in astrology would be able to look at my chart and confirm if I have a Yod or not.

Much Appreciated!

Oriene x

Perhaps you could include a chart that shows Chiron's placement?
If you go to astro.com, you can create a chart that includes Chiron and then upload the chart.

IleneK

Premium Member
Yep, that would help. Thanks IleneK! Chart with Chiron now included :)

Yes, you do have a yod. Pluto and Neptune form the base of the yod as they sextile each other, then both make an inconjunct to Chiron. Please note that it is recommended that the orbs be within 3 degrees for inconjuncts and yod formations, and Neptune makes it by a few seconds.

ohlala82

Yes, you do have a yod. Pluto and Neptune form the base of the yod as they sextile each other, then both make an inconjunct to Chiron. Please note that it is recommended that the orbs be within 3 degrees for inconjuncts and yod formations, and Neptune makes it by a few seconds.

Thanks for confirming that for me IleneK! So, good old Neptune just snuck in there!

I've done some research into Yods in natal charts and can relate to a lot of what I have read. I absolutely feel the frustration and an awesome need to find out why I am here. I also have a constant sense of loosing time; like I don't have time to mess about, I have a mission to accomplish - although I don't know what that mission is yet! I can only describe it as a feeling of impatience and wanting.

I'm hoping that now I know I have such a fated configuration in my chart that it will hold the answers to the frustration etc

If anyone could tell me what this particular Yod means, how it may express itself through me, that would be grand!

Inconjunct

You should note that not all astrologers include Chiron in aspect patterns, so some might say there is no Yod there at all.

IleneK

Premium Member
You should note that not all astrologers include Chiron in aspect patterns, so some might say there is no Yod there at all.

I might suggest that if an indivual has any sensitivity to or interest in Chiron, it would most likely serve his or her greater good to interpret the yod, whether or not it is perceived as one by other astrologers.

IleneK

Premium Member
Bump!

i would love to know more about my Yod :love:

thx!!

To get the ball rolling, if it is agreeable, please share a bit about what is going on with you and what you have read about Chiron in Taurus and/or the yod that resonates with you.

StillOne

Just a quick note. Chiron is Rx in your chart... I'll try and see if I can't find a comment that R4ven made about Rx Chiron in my chart and post it here.

Ok, found it. This is from an old thread of mine and I used it with R4ven's permission there:

Yes, your Chiron is Rx - hard to see on the astro.com charts - and your Chiron is also in the same sign as your MC. Now, my first reading about Chiron was from the book by Barbara Hand Clow, and this work resonated with me so much that I felt it to be truthful. However, the idea that everyone who has Chiron Rx on their natal comes into this incarnation with past-life healing abilities seems somewhat fanciful to me. I am aware that there are group incarnations, in which all those born with - say - Chiron in Taurus will bring a lesson for the rest of us in relation to this Chiron placement. In the same way, I feel that there is a certain power-in-numbers where a group of people all have Chiron in Aries Rx, and so can bring with them an ability to `show' the rest of us what this may mean. For instance, the latest Chiron in Gemini generation have an easy facility with technology - they were the first group to text message their friends rather than walk 50 metres to talk to them in person!! The rest of us then looked to them to help us conquer the technology which they found so natural to use. In this way, this generational group brought the rest of us into the new century, showing us how to `connect', thus breaking down the barriers of distance between us.

As far as I know, Barbara Hand Clow is the only writer who fully supports the idea that a Rx Chiron describes one who has brought healing abilities/wisdom from past lives. I have seen this in people whom I know well, but I have also seen others (with a Rx Chiron) who seem oblivious to this, and appear to be living quite superficial lives. (I am also aware that `being a healer' may take many different forms.) ...

Taken from: Yod and Apex Planet thread located here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41161

Last edited:

ohlala82

I might suggest that if an indivual has any sensitivity to or interest in Chiron, it would most likely serve his or her greater good to interpret the yod, whether or not it is perceived as one by other astrologers.

Absolutely IleneK, and I have to say I relate strongly to the description of Chiron in Taurus in regards to pain from childhood neglect, poverty and lacking in self worth. I've dealt with most of these issues in my adulthood I'm pleased to say but am still seeking to heal my low self esteem. I am very confident and often appear more confident than I actually am - even stuck up and arrogant I've been told (think that's my Leo rising :) but deep down inside me I still haven't developed a real self worth, but I'm working on it!

ohlala82

Just a quick note. Chiron is Rx in your chart... I'll try and see if I can't find a comment that R4ven made about Rx Chiron in my chart and post it here.

Ok, found it. This is from an old thread of mine and I used it with R4ven's permission there:

Taken from: Yod and Apex Planet thread located here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41161

Oh thanks so much, StillOne! Great info for me to look at. My Chiron had to be Rx aswell didn't it?! :smile: will be interesting to figure out how that affects the yod also.

So your apex (in Mars) is Rx too? sounds like an interesting apex. oh how special we are!

i can relate somewhat to what i've read about chiron Rx ESP looking internally to heal myself instead of outside to others (although i'm here seeking advice!) i rarely look outside of myself for advice, healing etc. it's quite strange but i'm mostly, always compelled to keep quiet and figure out life's problems internally by myself.

Inconjunct

I think it doesn't hurt to present alternative points of view. I might "feel" that I've got Ophiucus rising; doesnt mean I shouldn't be told that only a tiny minority of astrologers consider this to be a sign.

IleneK

Premium Member
I think it doesn't hurt to present alternative points of view. I might "feel" that I've got Ophiucus rising; doesnt mean I shouldn't be told that only a tiny minority of astrologers consider this to be a sign.

I couldn't agree with you more. That is what we are doing.