Do Astrological Remedial Measures Really Work?

Ryan Kurczak

Previously a forum member mentioned an interest in a video that covers what remedial measures work best and for which type of client. And how can we pick the right one!?

Here it is...

http://youtu.be/YGMHjTM4EZs

This is based on my studies and application of these techniques using the tropical zodiac with Vedic Principles on at least 50 clients.

Of course this number will grow, but so far they have proven correct on 48 out of 50 of the charts in question.

dr. farr

Including selection of herbal, crystal and homeopathic medicines, within the context of remedial astrological practice, yes, astro-remedial measures (applied intelligently and free from superstition) DO work, and work quite well (at least in my experience!!)

Ryan Kurczak

Dear Dr. Farr: Good to hear from you again! Yes, I agree. The point of the video was to illustrate a method to determine what kinds of remedies will work best for the particular chart.

So many astrologers decide that gemstones are the best thing for everyone, or many say they do not work at all. However, I have found that if Mars is strong in the chart, then they do work. The same goes for the other kinds of remedies listed such as Homeopathy, mantra, yagyas, aromatherapy, bodywork, fasting, affirmations, surgery, etc...

The indications for those need to be well supported.

Also what has been fascinating which has been mentioned in that video, is that if Jupiter is good in a particular varga, it will show that a person can get good information from an astrologer about that specific area of life. If Jupiter is in bad dignity, usually they will not be able to benefit from the information from an astrologer.

I use these to determine if I can actually assist a client before committing to a session. I like to get there chart and understand what there needs are. If Jupiter is slammed, I will often tell them I cannot be of benefit. That way we make sure there money is not wasted.

It has worked very well! Any thoughts on this, as well?

Moog

That's really interesting Ryan, thank you.

It makes sense to play to a person's strengths in healing them.

I have a friend who I've tried on many occasions to provide guidance to in alleviating some of her issues, but she seems completely deaf to it. She has a whacked Jupiter (12th house, Capricorn)

I'm curious, would my chart pass your screening test? Do you check Jupiter in the Rasi chart, or do you need vargas too? My chart is in my signature.

Ryan Kurczak

Hi Moog.

Send me your birth data through PM. Date, time, and location. I need to see it through my software to tell.

But wow! You've got two houses with all of those planets. I would definitely need to pick those a part with the Lajjitaadi Avasthas. If you want to let use your chart for that purpose, so I can use it as an example in the next book, I'd love to. One of the most perplexing things I've found are having so many planets in one sign, yet the Lajjitaadi Avashtas cleared it up nicely.

In Medical astrology as I've learned it, Jupiter is said to represent the Ether element and our ability to hear...so yes, when Jupiter is whacked, we cannot hear very well. It may not be our actual ears are damaged, but that sense organ doesn't pick up what it should. So if it's not so good in a particular varga, we won't hear the wisdom that is needed for that varga.

Also, placements in dusthanas don't help that often!

Zarathu

Account Closed
How do you get by the medical profession? You know, proscribing without a license?

Or can you say that you are not proscribing for a medical condition, you are proscribing for an astrological condition?

There are numerous measures in Eileen Nauman's book MEDICAL ASTROLOGY.

Z

Ryan Kurczak

Oh! Good question. Yes, we as astrologers hopefully don't prescribe. We can read from the chart what the best approach might be for the chart.

Example, when look at different treatments, I always tell a client to consult with a licensed medical practitioner. I tell them to to go to their doctor, and if they want to supplement their healing in various ways, the chart can show a way most easily accessible and successful.

Often times, clients will have already tried a standard approach, and the are looking for alternatives, so they already know they need to try something different. When it comes to dealing with medical issues, I always make sure a client is working with a licensed professional, and it works out even better when I can work with that professional, which often happens. Many medical professionals are open to learning more from this perspective, although of course, that is not that common yet.

Also, these remedies are not just for medical, but for various things.

Example, if you are going through a tough Saturn period giving loss of finances, and we see a strong Ketu or Jupiter, then mantra, or yagyas can help. Yet many astrologers might prescribe some kind of gemstone, and if they would know that if Mars was DB, that a gemstone is just going to waste their money.

Moog

Yet many astrologers might prescribe some kind of gemstone, and if they would know that if Mars was DB, that a gemstone is just going to waste their money.

It's interesting, but I have always harboured a kind of 'subconscious' distaste for Gem remedies. And now I know why... my DB Mars...

Moog

Send me your birth data through PM. Date, time, and location. I need to see it through my software to tell.

Cool, thanks. Will do.

But wow! You've got two houses with all of those planets. I would definitely need to pick those a part with the Lajjitaadi Avasthas. If you want to let use your chart for that purpose, so I can use it as an example in the next book, I'd love to. One of the most perplexing things I've found are having so many planets in one sign, yet the Lajjitaadi Avashtas cleared it up nicely.

Yeah, my chart is a big ball of fun :lol:

Is this going to be your 2nd astrology book?

Ryan Kurczak

Yes, it is book #2.

Hopefully more people will chime in on the remedies they resonate most with.

Your feedback is great. When I first got started, I tried to get all these gemstones for my wife (because I love gemstones, have an OK Mars) but I could hardly ever get her to even wear them!

I've heard that often too.

Now what about the other therapies?

dr. farr

Remember that stones can be used in various ways (other than by wearing them) The (mostly European) field of Dynamic Lithotherpy makes entensive use of "crystal water", ie, water (or water/alchohol mixtures) charged with the stone (either by allowing the stone to saturate the water over night, or via solarizing the water with the stone in it, or using the stone to make a "tea") Personally I have found these methods of preparation and administration to be much more effective, than wearing the stone (or than by arrangement of crystals on the body)
I have also found the traditional Vedic list of remedial stones (9 gems) to be much too limited extent, for effective use as a COMPLETE method, and I have used many more stones, in my approach (for example, see my list of gems and stones in my thread in the Spiritual Real forum entitled "Gems & Stones" Tridosha Affinities", last entry date 7/10/12)

Moog

Now what about the other therapies?

Perhaps you could elaborate on how you see Venus remedies; you mention 'bodywork' like massage... does that also include other physical practices? Physical exercise? What about physical yogas, tai chi, chi gung, pilates? etc.

Ryan Kurczak

Dr. Farr:

That is agreed. The main gemstones advised are very limited, and were meant to help an astrologer "find" a lost item of a king or queen, not necessarily for remedies.

Gemstones crystalline structure is indicative of what planet it relates too. The color of the stone is dependant on the Rashi in which it is placed in the birth chart.

Example, Sapphires, Quartz, Tourmaline etc...relate to Venus.

Topaz, Iolite, etc...relate to Mars.

For gemstones to work, aside from having a strong Mars in the chart, the proper stone needs to be found! There is a lot more to it than what usually goes into this assessment.

As for Venus, yes, physical exertion is good. The best Athletes usually have the best Venus, as it is the planet that allows the body to rebuild and recover.

Mars would be good for Chi Gong, Tai Chi, etc...as Mars represents the inner electricities of the body.

Last edited:

Virinchi

from my experience so far, i understood that everyone doesn't find a remedy that actually works and same person may not find the best remedy everytime.
It again depends on his/her horoscope, dasa and transits.
They indicate if he/she will meet right astrologer or not.

7th house indicates astrologer too.
in K.P 7th sublord is your astrologer.
If that sublord signifies benefic houses, one will meet proper astrologer and get quick answers.
Ofcourse, finding a workable remedy is also part of their karma.

so, generalizing remedies or rules for everyone is a crime

Ryan Kurczak

Vrinchi:

I agree with you. If you didn't listen to the video this post was based on, it explains. The video explains how to determine this. Please see the original post for the link.

dr. farr

In Dynamic Lithotherapy, color, mineralogical category, rock cycle (primary, sedimentary, metamorphic) and crystalline structure, all have meanings/affinities and go into a determination of indications for each stone.

Regarding Venus, in (some of the more esoteric) Western astro-therapeutic outlooks, Venus is affinitive to herbs (mild ones primarily)-herbal therapeutics (along with the Moon); Venus is also affinitive to empathic healing techniques, such as certain hands-on healing methods (Mercury here also, to some extent); along with Jupiter, Venus is affinitive also to nutritive therapy (foods)...

Virinchi

Ryan, your video makes sense...
gemstones if mars is strong, mantras if jupiter, massage if venus, fasting if saturn strong etc is right.
Its wrong that many astrologers are generalizing remedies.

One needs to look at dasa and transits first, to determine if any remedy will work or not (if suggested)

dr. farr

Along the lines of this discussion, the Jaimini (and Nadi) adepts of Ponmudi Forest, allocated the various types of yogic disciplines to the planets:

-Hatha yoga: Mars
-Bhakti yoga: Venus
-Jnana yoga: Mercury
-Raja yoga: Sun
-Kundalini yoga: Moon
-Karma yoga: Jupiter
-Tantric yoga: Saturn (also to Rahu and even to Ketu, in certain practices)

RishiRahul

from my experience so far, i understood that everyone doesn't find a remedy that actually works and same person may not find the best remedy everytime.
It again depends on his/her horoscope, dasa and transits.
They indicate if he/she will meet right astrologer or not.

7th house indicates astrologer too.
in K.P 7th sublord is your astrologer.
If that sublord signifies benefic houses, one will meet proper astrologer and get quick answers.
Ofcourse, finding a workable remedy is also part of their karma.

so, generalizing remedies or rules for everyone is a crime

Hi virinchi,

Great meeting you here!
Was wondering that if the 7th. sublord signifies the astrologer, what would the cusp of the sublord signify?

Just inquisitive.

RishiRahul