Do Asteroids count in Stelliums and Aspect Patterns?

VirgoLife

I have Chiron, North node, Neptune and true node in Aqua 11th house. Does that count as a stellium even with those asteroids? The true node is not always the same sign as the north node btw. I have the Rectangle Aspect with Chiron, Lilith, Ceres and Pallas. Can I still count asteroids in my aspect patterns and my stelliums?

VirgoLife

And also, what about Angles? Say you have the Asc, Desc, MC, or IC in a stellium or aspect pattern, would that count in?

IleneK

Premium Member
And also, what about Angles? Say you have the Asc, Desc, MC, or IC in a stellium or aspect pattern, would that count in?

My understanding is that stelliums are comprised of planets.
When points like you mention are close by, they merit examination as an aspect pattern, but are not considered a stellium by definition.

VirgoLife

My understanding is that stelliums are comprised of planets.
When points like you mention are close by, they merit examination as an aspect pattern, but are not considered a stellium by definition.

So, you think asteroids and angles can be in an aspect pattern but not in a stellium? Should I ignore the aqua "Stellium" I mentioned earlier? I know I still have the aqua energy in me though. The asteroids I count are just chiron, north node, true node, pallas, all types of liliths, ceres, vesta, and juno

thelivingsky

Anytime an asteroid makes a close aspect they have influence although not as strong as that of a major planet. Most astrologers would allow a smaller orb for aspects to asteroids, usually only 2-3 degrees.

It may not be considered a stellium but it is something to be considered. I suspect that for some of the larger asteroids or minor planets such as Eris or Pholus, some astrologers might consider them important enough to be considered part of a stellium.

As for planets or asteroids on the angles, if they are closely conjunct the ASC, Desc, IC or MC they are considered to have a stronger influence although technically not part of a stellium even with planets.

VirgoLife

Anytime an asteroid makes a close aspect they have influence although not as strong as that of a major planet. Most astrologers would allow a smaller orb for aspects to asteroids, usually only 2-3 degrees.

It may not be considered a stellium but it is something to be considered. I suspect that for some of the larger asteroids or minor planets such as Eris or Pholus, some astrologers might consider them important enough to be considered part of a stellium.

As for planets or asteroids on the angles, if they are closely conjunct the ASC, Desc, IC or MC they are considered to have a stronger influence although technically not part of a stellium even with planets.
My pholus conjuncts my juno and lilith in sag 9th house, but pholus is in 8th house. Eris is in the first house but not conjunct asc in aries. What does this mean? I just use the basic asteroids like ceres, pallas, vesta, chiron, etc. The other ones no bc there's to many of them. I think chiron and the north nde are important enough to be ina a stellium. Also, what about aspect patterns like t-square, cradles, kites, etc?

waybread

I use only planets for stellia and aspect patterns.

Otherwise you can pretty much make a chart mean whatever you want it to mean, if you take an "everything but the kitchen sink" approach.

thelivingsky

My pholus conjuncts my juno and lilith in sag 9th house, but pholus is in 8th house. Eris is in the first house but not conjunct asc in aries. What does this mean? I just use the basic asteroids like ceres, pallas, vesta, chiron, etc. The other ones no bc there's to many of them. I think chiron and the north nde are important enough to be ina a stellium. Also, what about aspect patterns like t-square, cradles, kites, etc?

Asteroids are relevant in any aspect pattern, but again, do not seem to have the same force as a planet.

IMO when any asteroid or planet falls in a conjunction or stellium, all of the bodies in that stellium/conjunction act as a unit. Thus, I would consider that your Pholus is part of a H9 aspect. And anytime a planet falls within about 3-5 degrees of a house cusp its influence is much stronger on that house than the previous house even if it is actually in the previous house. Some disagree on this however. Some would say it can be read as being in both houses.

What the interpretation for your asteroid stellium is somewhat uncertain since asteroids are quite new and we are still learning how to decipher their influence. You could better tell me what it all means since you are expereincing it. I have a similar stellium of asteroids in Virgo and I think it just adds a little emphasis to my Moon in Virgo tendencies.

Also I do not give Chiron more importance than the asteroids that are actually larger than Chiron such as Eris and Pholus. And even Orcus which is almost the same size as Pluto. After all if Pluto is so powerful as weall know it to be, why would overlook Orcus? I think Chiron got reputation as being quite important because it was the first major asteroid to be noticed and studied by astrologers and the only one included in major ephemerides.

Hope this is helpful,

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

VirgoLife

Asteroids are relevant in any aspect pattern, but again, do not seem to have the same force as a planet.

IMO when any asteroid or planet falls in a conjunction or stellium, all of the bodies in that stellium/conjunction act as a unit. Thus, I would consider that your Pholus is part of a H9 aspect. And anytime a planet falls within about 3-5 degrees of a house cusp its influence is much stronger on that house than the previous house even if it is actually in the previous house. Some disagree on this however. Some would say it can be read as being in both houses.

What the interpretation for your asteroid stellium is somewhat uncertain since asteroids are quite new and we are still learning how to decipher their influence. You could better tell me what it all means since you are expereincing it. I have a similar stellium of asteroids in Virgo and I think it just adds a little emphasis to my Moon in Virgo tendencies.

Also I do not give Chiron more importance than the asteroids that are actually larger than Chiron such as Eris and Pholus. And even Orcus which is almost the same size as Pluto. After all if Pluto is so powerful as weall know it to be, why would overlook Orcus? I think Chiron got reputation as being quite important because it was the first major asteroid to be noticed and studied by astrologers and the only one included in major ephemerides.

Hope this is helpful,

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com
That's helpful! Thank you.

IleneK

Premium Member
So, you think asteroids and angles can be in an aspect pattern but not in a stellium? Should I ignore the aqua "Stellium" I mentioned earlier? I know I still have the aqua energy in me though. The asteroids I count are just chiron, north node, true node, pallas, all types of liliths, ceres, vesta, and juno

Yes, you should look at them as activating a lot of Aquarius in you, rather than characterizing the group as a stellium.

PS Without going into detail, north node and true node or two measurements of the same thing, the Moon's lunar north node.
North Node is typically an average or mean measurement of the north node.
The true node is another, considered more "true," measurement.

You can google the internet for the difference between them. Then follow which is most resonant for you over time and use one or the other, but not both.

VirgoLife

Yes, you should look at them as activating a lot of Aquarius in you, rather than characterizing the group as a stellium.

PS Without going into detail, north node and true node or two measurements of the same thing, the Moon's lunar north node.
North Node is typically an average or mean measurement of the north node.
The true node is another, considered more "true," measurement.

You can google the internet for the difference between them. Then follow which is most resonant for you over time and use one or the other, but not both.
Thank you!