DNA and our natal charts with ancestry

leomoon

I'm wondering if anyone has had their DNA test done in regards to relationships and who your ancestors were.

Can the natal charts be of some synastry between them and you (depending on how close that relationship was?)

I'm finding a lot of information from my DNA test I never knew before which is surprising.

The first person that prompted me to take the test was a missing paternal grandmother....What I found is she died at age 26 after giving birth to my father 6 months afterwards. She was a victim of the Spanish Flu in 2018, having given birth in 2017.

Her family was quite influential, and interesting and goes all the way back in Maryland to Colonial days, when the British (mostly) were coming to the shores of Maryland, Virginia and New Hampshire and Massachusetts (like the Pilgrims who came before them)

There is a direct line I have from this paternal grandmother (whose name was Cora Agnes Bailey to George Washington's brother.

The blood relationship to get to that path was 10 or 12 generations of people, then in laws became the Washington clan of Mt. Vernon fame.

Actually, the plantation was called "Nomini Plantation" where many of them, the Washington family their inlaws, and even slaves are buried today.

https://sites.rootsweb.com/~afamerpl/plantations_usa/VA/leo.html

It appears that it was so huge, that many different families occupied the main house at different times.

The ancestry line that started with Cora's ancestors (within 10 generations), were Tobacco planters in those Colonial times. But the BIGGEST of all the Tobacco people were in Virginia like the Washingtons, the Carters, and a few others.

I found there was one man who occupied this Plantation at one time who owned so many other plantations, he named them after the Signs of the Zodiac!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nomini Hall Plantation[/FONT]
Constructed: 1729
History: Robert "Councillor" Carter lived at Nomini Hall, the elegant manor house his father built about 1729 in Westmoreland County, overlooking the Potomac and Nomini Rivers, a plantation of about 2,000 acres. The square Georgian style home with four chimneys was made of brick, two stories high, located on a hill with a spectacular view of the rivers

the LEO plantation was a favorite for it's immense size.

Associated Plantations: Aries Plantation (Westmoreland Co., VA), Ben Lomond Farm (Prince William Co., VA) Cancer Plantation (Prince William Co., VA), Capricorn Plantation (Frederick Co., VA), Libra Plantation (Frederick Co., VA), Nomini Hall (Westmoreland Co., VA), Scorpio Plantation (Frederick Co., VA), Virgo Plantation (Frederick Co., VA)

I found that within this clan (the Washington clan), someone sired a young child by a slave named VENUS, and she named him WEST FORD.

I thought I'd start with the chart of his biological father, (from all accounts it was John Augustine Washington, a brother of President George Washington- son of John., or one of many brothers.

I'm sure I can find his chart or date of birth, and hoping to find that of WEST FORD.

If not, I'll start with mine and my missing grandmother.

leomoon

It's unfortunate that we don't have the date of birth other then the year of birth for West Ford who is now believed to be the son of John Augustine Washington....So I cannot do a synastry for them. :(

I did read recently that the historical site Museum for George Washington now added West Ford to their known family members, although the FBI has the information, about who may be the father, its thought to be brother Augustine.

Just an interesting aside I found researching the family tree.

West Ford was made free in Hannah's will, and rec'd land which he then sold off pieces to other free blacks. He was said to be the wealthiest Black man in Virginia history:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/03/14/did-george-washington-have-an-enslaved-son

Certain facts about West Ford’s life have been documented. He was born in 1784 or 1785 to Venus, a maid enslaved to Hannah Washington, the widow of George Washington’s brother John Augustine. Hannah lived at Bushfield, her family’s plantation, ninety miles from Mount Vernon.
In her will, signed in 1801, she stated, “It is my most earnest wish and desire this lad West may be as soon as possible inoculated for the small pox, after which to be bound to a good tradesmen until the age of twenty one years, after which he is to be free the rest of his life.” It wasn’t uncommon for slaveholders, on their death, to manumit their slaves, but Hannah had inherited thirty-five enslaved people from her father, and Ford was the only one she singled out.

leomoon

Paternal Grandmother and her baby (my father) ....at birth (synastry):

Rather sad to see as he could not be nurtured by his sick mom at birth and she died 6 months later:

CapAquaPis

I see the Neptune in 6th (I have this in my own natal chart, but to recover from and had most of my family have COVID so far) but mine was in 22' sagittarius. I had a great-great-grandfather my maternal great-grandma knew lived in the NE-KS state line and died of the H1N1 flu on Oct 5th, 1918 (was greatgrandma in Arapahoe NE? she was age 13 then). I will do a (high noon/ 12pm Central time zone) chart of her father to have died in his mid 30s courtesy of family and ancestry genealogical sites before I make one (I know his recorded full name) and include these 3 asteroids. The H1N1 flu was thought to actually originated in northeast KS in April 6 months earlier in 1918. And my ancestor's birthdate I was told was in Sep 9-11th period of 1881 (he would be age 37 at his death) in near Auburn NE. (I'm gonna write down "Ancestor of CapAquaPis").

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

And here's what I have to show (On his death, Mars conjunct ASC opposite natal Pluto conjunct DSC, that's something morbid I could look up to learn more on having this sort of aspect in a synastry of a person's first vs last day of their life. Natal Mars in blue vs last day Pluto in red both cusping the 7th-8th. And his life ends in Mars/ASC in cusp scorpio/Sagittarius in red vs the ASC ruler natal Pluto/DSC in cusp Gemini/Cancer).:

Attachments

• astro_61gw_ancestor_of_capaquapis_h1n1_flu_death.19550.53862.jpg
    astro_61gw_ancestor_of_capaquapis_h1n1_flu_death.19550.53862.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

leomoon

I should have been more clear on the chart for "grandmother of Leomoon"
This line of ancestry is paternal, and goes back to Ireland and England before coming to the USA . Her (Cora Agnes Bailey) had a maternal grandfather named "Hickey" from Castleisland Kerry Ireland. That's one side of her family, then the Bailey's from England which when checked, I saw they too changed their names, (O'Hickey in Ireland became Hickey in USA) and Bailey (Cora Bailey's my pat. gr/mother ) father's side was in England as "Bayley and Ballye" became here in Colonial Maryland eventually "Bailey".

This I found as very common too, even before DNA checks. My aunt's husband family was from Poland as Wisniewski, but changed their surname to "Wiessner" It worked well, because he was a professional trombonist with the old Johnny Carson band.

So names change from the "old countries" as we use to call them, to the "New County, i.e. USA" or rather, British America (colonial days) prior to a USA in the late 1800s.

None of my father's side was American Indians. That will come later only from my mother's side as she was 50-50 French & Indian from her parents. I learned that DNA is "not watered down" like blood lines might be?

The thing I'm trying to sort out
and understand is blood relatives & DNA. Seems there is a difference in my mind anyway.

DNA is very far back in time - scraping from bones (like animals or tree scrapings even a leaf or bark) can speak of DNA of the genus.

How does that work with humans?

That is what I'm trying to discern.

When Geni.com says "you are related to the husband of Hannah Washington," its an inlaw and not blood relationship, and even last night I found "you are related to Venus and to her son West Ford" (2 black slaves from the Washington plantation., but NOT through a blood line, only through a in-law line after about 10-12 generations back. I'm not interested in that, but they give it to you anyway, along with how you were derived from the blood relatives to intermarried or had a relationship as in the case of John Washington's illegitimate son.

(not sure why they do this) :pouty: It only confuses the situation of genealogy. A Facebook Astrologer I keep in touch with, started a Facebook Geni site. I haven't been there much as i've been wasting my time here on this forum for far too long. Learning nothing really so I have to force a change. Far too much arguing going on here. :pouty: :sad: She found she is likewise, "related to", the King who became in poetry, "Old King Cole" If interested, I'll find his real name and post it.

But I always have hope~ an eternal optimist when it comes to humans and forums. Always disappointed however.

So it makes sense I'm interested in humans and their lives way back when, and I'll post about them on this thread.

I'm learning that life was hard in Colonial times in Maryland. Learning mundane terms (from wills they left to their relatives) HHT means "hoghead tobacco" for example. They sometimes bartered with other farmers for tobacco and owed debts that way.

Where I am from in Maryland for example, this remnant term from old days carried over in modern Maryland when the older but very popular road was called "Rolling Road" ...there are palatial over 150 yr old stone homes here...And the people use to "roll to the bottom on the hill, Hogs-Head tobacco for shipment to the big city (of Baltimore) port for shipping to Europe and whereever else tobacco went.

From England - term Hogshead:
How many pounds of tobacco are in a hogshead?

Fully packed with tobacco, it weighed about 1,000 pounds (of leaf tobacco) (454 kg). A hogshead in Britain contains about 300 L (66 imp gal; 79 US gal)

The sad part for me, is knowing that my paternal long ago relatives (10 generations) ago - owned slaves. :pouty: They had tobacco farms.

I learned from the "records" you can access that even coming over from England, they brought with them "indentured servants" and one of the 1st Bayley ancestors from England was only 19 and he himself was an "indentured servant" who worked off his debt on the tobacco farms.
So in effect, the Bayley-Baileys bought into the farms and had slaves themselves.

Strange life when we think of it. All for Tobacco and profit and land.

Last edited:

leomoon

I see the Neptune in 6th (I have this in my own natal chart, but to recover from and had most of my family have COVID so far) but mine was in 22' sagittarius. I had a great-great-grandfather my maternal great-grandma knew lived in the NE-KS state line and died of the H1N1 flu on Oct 5th, 1918 (was greatgrandma in Arapahoe NE?

Yes, Neptune is a bugaboo (a Cayce term) for me too in my natal chart. Its in the 4th house for me, but my 6th house transit once landed me in serious harm's way, in which I lost 1/2 capacity of one lung forever. (can't regain it), and it was a Vedic astrologer who explained and connected my Lung problem with a bacteria I caught - through both Mercury & Neptune (they are square in my chart to Mars) Yet he said, my 9th house ruler Jupiter would save me, and it did. Grateful for that. But I still cannot breathe deeply at all. My father's health was very similar to mine. He IS my 6th house, and that is where my Sun-Mer-Mars is located. In his chart ruled by Virgo.

The so called Spanish Flu ran rampant in both 1917-1918, and it was my paternal grandmother Cora Agnes Bailey, who died alone in a Sanatorium after giving birth 6 months earlier. That makes me very sad....I "feel" other's emotions that way sometimes. I am the one who decided she must have been totally alone there, because like with Covid, they were quite infectious. When I found it was the place called "Frederick County Sanatorium" where she passed , I "felt" this great sadness in me.

Frederick County is not exactly in close proximity to Baltimore City where they lived.
https://www.fredericknewspost.com/p...ion_dd03c610-7f5f-11ea-a9b7-7bfdaf62f49b.html

I can "imagine" myself in her place. A brand new baby boy (my father), and a slightly older son (his brother) nor orphans and their father remarried rather quickly to a woman with 2 kids of her own. The remarriages in geni - makes for a messier connection to sort through.

In so many cases, I see that people are easily "replaceable" and it makes me sad to know this. It's rare when people do not remarry, (very rare indeed) I know all the many reasons, i.e. child care, assets/money/ lust, etc. BUT the indispensability and disposal of humans is what I'm speaking of. The latter being the main thing we see in genealogy.

John Augustine Washington married multiple times, and my ancestor was his 4th? and last wife (only married into wealthy so called same background families) Much like the Royals do in England and Europe.

Not for love but for companionship with same type of money ideals.

:sad: :sad: I don't think it lasted long because he died not long thereafter, and she got what she wanted out of her multitude of marriage, the richest woman in those parts in those days. She must have been around long enough however, to know and help raise the illegitimate slave child, her step-son thru marriage to him, as her will specifically released him from bondage and he was given money and land.

:crying:
Not exactly my IDEAL life.

Last edited:

leomoon

Here is a photo of a Kansas - single bed place for Spanish Flu victims in 1918: (Montgomery Co. is close to Frederick Co. Md. where i found the article and photo)

Imagine this!~

https://www.health.mil/News/Article...-the-1918-Spanish-flu-for-one-Maryland-county

In 1918, Montgomery County was transitioning from a rural farming community into a suburban area. The county had recently improved its transportation systems connecting railroads and trolley lines to Washington, D.C. for those commuting to work in the city. Less than a month after the first influenza fatality in Washington, D.C., there was an estimated 1,200 cases of influenza in Montgomery County; most cases were within five miles of the railroad or trolley lines.

As we know today, the influenza virus is easily transmitted between those in close proximity to each other, up to about six feet, making the crowded trolleys and trains a prime place for spreading the flu in 1918. This was particularly damaging to the U.S. military, as traveling military personnel often shared cramped quarters in barracks, trains, and trenches.
The devastating impact of the flu in Montgomery County and the surrounding areas drove public health officials to require the adornment of gauze masks in public, and locals to cancel events with large gatherings of people

leomoon

Measuring tobacco weight in Colonial Maryland in "Hogshead" barrels for barter or debt - from England carried over to the new country -

was also applicable to other kinds of products besides tobacco.
My paternal family however were Tobacco farmers from his mother's side only which went back to British settlers in Md.

https://janetpanic.com/what-was-apothecary-in-colonial-times/#What_is_a_hogshead_of_tobacco

(the paternal line of my father with his father was from Germany, Ireland, and many went to Pennsylvania, a border State with Md.

My father once told me they were Pennsylvania Dutch .....so even though his mother died and he never knew her, he learned his genealogy from his father or others because he told me exactly correct, that he was a mix of German, Welsh, Irish some Scottish , and the DNA test I had confirmed, over 50% of these nationalities for me.

He used to sing to my sister and I old Irish or Scottish songs he knew as a child.

I only knew first hand however, the French and Indian side of my Mother in this lifetime,
so its all new to me to see his side through DNA study and geni.

Last edited:

leomoon

And here's what I have to show (On his death, Mars conjunct ASC opposite natal Pluto conjunct DSC, that's something morbid I could look up to learn more on having this sort of aspect in a synastry of a person's first vs last day of their life. Natal Mars in blue vs last day Pluto in red both cusping the 7th-8th. And his life ends in Mars/ASC in cusp scorpio/Sagittarius in red vs the ASC ruler natal Pluto/DSC in cusp Gemini/Cancer).:

What I noticed immediately, is his 6th house ruler is Venus. When Tr Venus conjuncts his natal Mercury (the lungs) he perished :(
His natal Mercury is in Virgo, however, what about the aspects to his Mercury in the natal? Just because his Mercury is in Virgo, does not mean he doesn't have weakened lungs via the aspects made to his Mercury. From what I can see of the chart, his n. Mercury is also square Mars.

Along comes tr Pluto & tr Jupiter, one planet to kill the other to bring him to his spiritual home and both over his 8th house of death.

leomoon

This ancestor (Cora's grandfather) came from Ireland via Liverpool in 1841 to the Port of Baltimore. This should NOT have been as perilous a journey, as it was "more modern times"then those on the other side of her family going to Colonial Md. from England in the 1600s-1700s. I'd think a more hazardous voyage.

This voyage should have been a relatively safe one (6-12 weeks depending on weather, etc) for all intents and purposes. In the older times, such as the 1700s era, people did die at sea. A relative of my husband I found going to Canada, had one of their children born on the ship. She was named (middle name) SEABORN.

That was interesting! They went to Nova Scotia.

Manifest of 1841 voyage to Baltimore from Liverpool:

Let's see what his natal may have experienced then:

It appears on 1st glance, that he experienced some luck in this journey, with Transiting Jupiter applying a conjunction to both his n. Mercury and his natal Jupiter. One a sextile and one aspect trine. Also, the Transiting Pluto (change of life transforming same), conj. the his Mercury-Mars natal positions, while Vesta''s importance in transit probably lies in the fact he will need to go through legal briefs and papers to be here, perhaps a court check of some kind.,

The Jupiter transit and applying aspects to the personal planets, reminds me of 9th house rulership being Jupiter and "long voyages over the seas and oceans" ruling.

We won't have the houses for ancestors not knowing their times of birth -

He did live to age 70 however, and was my father's great-grandfather on his mother's side.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/33861933/james-thomas-hickey

note: Perhaps, that Grand Trine was very helpful for him too....overall. Being the Moon, I'd need to check that particular day of his birth in Ireland.

leomoon

James Hickey (above chart), must have been both an adventurous type, to sail as the only family member, leaving behind his parents forever in Ireland and coming to the state of Md. (before the civil war)

Having Neptune-Uranus, together makes me think he was a dreamer and a loner of sorts, one who could and would make such a break. I think he was an only child., but I need to check deeper into that. Records are scarce, although they have recently made great strides in geni records in Ireland too made available. It's helpful to know in this religious country, if they were Protestant or Roman Catholic because the Baptism records are also a big portion of their online records.

Also, remember, the names often need to be checked with the O' in front of the name, like O'Hickey.

The only other record I've found besides the Manifest of the ship he was on and date - is his Baptism record in the Catholic Church in County Kerry, CastleIsland which is near the sea.

The Protestant side of Ireland was likely Northern, and the Catholic side more to the south.

https://selectsurnames.com/hickey/

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

What I noticed immediately, is his 6th house ruler is Venus. When Tr Venus conjuncts his natal Mercury (the lungs) he perished :(
His natal Mercury is in Virgo, however, what about the aspects to his Mercury in the natal? Just because his Mercury is in Virgo, does not mean he doesn't have weakened lungs via the aspects made to his Mercury. From what I can see of the chart, his n. Mercury is also square Mars.

Along comes tr Pluto & tr Jupiter, one planet to kill the other to bring him to his spiritual home and both over his 8th house of death.

He could be a smoker, therefore increasing his chances of a respiratory virus infection turning more symptomatic, and in the 20-30s age group (mostly men) were a more susceptible group than anyone under the age of 60, since the elderly were another (and higher)-risk group during the H1N1 flu pandemic.

CapAquaPis

I'm wondering if anyone has had their DNA test done in regards to relationships and who your ancestors were.

Can the natal charts be of some synastry between them and you (depending on how close that relationship was?)

I'm finding a lot of information from my DNA test I never knew before which is surprising.

The first person that prompted me to take the test was a missing paternal grandmother....What I found is she died at age 26 after giving birth to my father 6 months afterwards. She was a victim of the Spanish Flu in 2018, having given birth in 2017.

Her family was quite influential, and interesting and goes all the way back in Maryland to Colonial days, when the British (mostly) were coming to the shores of Maryland, Virginia and New Hampshire and Massachusetts (like the Pilgrims who came before them)

There is a direct line I have from this paternal grandmother (whose name was Cora Agnes Bailey to George Washington's brother.

The blood relationship to get to that path was 10 or 12 generations of people, then in laws became the Washington clan of Mt. Vernon fame.

Actually, the plantation was called "Nomini Plantation" where many of them, the Washington family their inlaws, and even slaves are buried today.

https://sites.rootsweb.com/~afamerpl/plantations_usa/VA/leo.html

It appears that it was so huge, that many different families occupied the main house at different times.

The ancestry line that started with Cora's ancestors (within 10 generations), were Tobacco planters in those Colonial times. But the BIGGEST of all the Tobacco people were in Virginia like the Washingtons, the Carters, and a few others.

I found there was one man who occupied this Plantation at one time who owned so many other plantations, he named them after the Signs of the Zodiac!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nomini Hall Plantation[/FONT]
Constructed: 1729
History: Robert "Councillor" Carter lived at Nomini Hall, the elegant manor house his father built about 1729 in Westmoreland County, overlooking the Potomac and Nomini Rivers, a plantation of about 2,000 acres. The square Georgian style home with four chimneys was made of brick, two stories high, located on a hill with a spectacular view of the rivers

the LEO plantation was a favorite for it's immense size.

Associated Plantations: Aries Plantation (Westmoreland Co., VA), Ben Lomond Farm (Prince William Co., VA) Cancer Plantation (Prince William Co., VA), Capricorn Plantation (Frederick Co., VA), Libra Plantation (Frederick Co., VA), Nomini Hall (Westmoreland Co., VA), Scorpio Plantation (Frederick Co., VA), Virgo Plantation (Frederick Co., VA)

I found that within this clan (the Washington clan), someone sired a young child by a slave named VENUS, and she named him WEST FORD.

I thought I'd start with the chart of his biological father, (from all accounts it was John Augustine Washington, a brother of President George Washington- son of John., or one of many brothers.

I'm sure I can find his chart or date of birth, and hoping to find that of WEST FORD.

If not, I'll start with mine and my missing grandmother.

And another comment regarding the OP: Yes, you have an ancestor alike you interested and fascinated with astrology, however, to my chagrin, he owned people (it's best to refer to the enslaved, not "slaves", or correctly can be called indentured servants). He was of a different century/millennia/age when Americans (white persons) legally owned Persons of color in slavery.

And George Washington was Pisces matching Thomas Jefferson an Aries, both had mixed views on slavery either as a permanent underclass or they have a right to be freed from their undercaste position. Pisces is the end of the zodiac vs Aries in the beginning. The US will fight it out to determine (and ended) how to end slavery in the 1860s civil war, dawning of the Aquarius...and Leo age.

And not only George Washington had children through his slavery plantation, you read about the Black/African-American and also White/European-American descendants of Thomas Jefferson coupled with his housemaid born into slavery Sally Hemmings who was a mixed-race person to had children through him?

CapAquaPis

And my deceased ancestor from the H1N1 flu pandemic was named Woodrow Wilson (no joke, the president during WW1 1917-19 period, though the war ended in 1918 not 1919 and the pandemic started in 1918 not 1917). All I know is in a largely ethnic German region of southern NE from Auburn to Arapahoe, the anti-German sentiment and xenophobia including racism against people of color...made me realized the father married to a woman with the last name Schwass...had to renamed or Anglicize their cultural identity to fit in with Anglo and white Americans alike. I have a theory that they were "schwarty" or not (stereo)typical looking Germans, even Wilson insisted he's a descendant of Nebraska-based Native American tribes when in the Auburn and Arapahoe areas they were already removed or barely 1% of the counties population in the last 100 years, they were mainly deported to Indian Territory in Kansas and Oklahoma. My grandma Nita born to my great-grandma Lucille (Woodrow's daughter) moved to Denver CO in the 1930s to an upper-middle class section Cherry Creek but they struggled in the Great Depression when Lucille married a man similarly named Wilson (maybe so many Germans in Nebraska adopted the surname), also they tried to play "American Indian" like the missionaires gave the tribes converted to Christianity names like "Campbell", "Parker" and "Taylor".

And I supposed she was in the "American Indian" community in Long Beach CA after WW2 (a tendency to live among Blacks, as well Mexicans, Italians and Portuguese, and Asians and Hawaiians in southern CA until the 1960s when my Mom as a little girl moved from Redondo Beach near LA to Garden Grove in the OC) married my grandpa Kenneth (last name Underwood) is of documented Osage, Cherokee, Delaware and Shawnee from Oklahoma according to US BIA of Indian Affairs, OK state and federal census records. His race when he was born in 1922 didn't indicate he was an US citizen as well "boy of half Indian" descent to when he voluntarily enlisted in the US armed forces after he moved to Kern county CA in the 1930s from Osage (Indian reservation) county OK, he legally won the right to prove not only he was an US citizen granted to him by the 1924 American Indian Citizenship Act, he was a passing "white" or proved he was at least half European or Caucasian, to legally marry and have my Mom according to the 1940s later repealed 1950s state law restricted Caucasians from marrying "Anyone of the Negro, Indian, Hindu, Malay, Oriental and Hawaiian races". Also to note my aunt or Mom's sister along with my cousin and Mom's brother investigated claims of Native American ancestry, esp in the Osage part of Tulsa county (also a city) and the Cherokee Nation to only find a conflicting "American Indian but tribe unspecified", thus a rare instance of only the states CA and OK and US governments, but not the 4 federally registered tribes, recognize this, but self-identification on the race boxes is said to be useless, ones' claim of being a far removed member of an ethnic group "probably isn't there" and UN international law shouldn't even allow the US to do this. My hometown Indio Riverside county CA US recognize parts of the city is of a handful of Cahuilla tribes.

He moved "back" to Tulsa OK after my Mom at age 18 graduated high school in 1969, but she relocated back to So CA (San Bernardino) to live with my great-grandma Lucille and finally, Mom moved to Indio near Palm Springs in the early 1970s to later met my Dad and married him to have me and my bro in the late 1970s then early 1980s period...and my bro Mark had my nephew Roger right in Jan 2000 (my Mom's only grandchild). My Mom Gail passed away last Easter sunday or April 4th, 2021. And we learned about in many cases, anyone who is "part Indian" weren't, and those who learned they were, had conflicting 3 or 4 DNA genetic ancestry tests, that increasingly are rejected by Native American (esp Cherokee) tribes and many of the world's indigneous peoples, even many republics like Ireland and Israel finds to test for "Lost Jews", "forgotten Irish" and even Native Hawaiians "hidden Islanders" are not hard (nor really) scientific. And Elizabeth Warren, the disgraced (and soon to be considered impeachable) US senator that the Cherokee and Delaware Nations in Oklahoma couldn't find any proof on their tribal registration rolls and any official government records, not even her own genealogical family tree information of any Native American ancestries, caused the decade-old (but an older) issue of race impersonation, cultural appropriation, Affirmative Action fraud and minority mispresentation we're having.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

And about my own natal chart: the 8th house with both sun and moon in the multicultural sign Aquarius. I'm a direct son of an immigrant from France in Europe, he was born in Dec 1946 in the end of the war, and came to the US in 1968 because he met my Mom's half-sis, an American, and he moved in with her in San Francisco then they moved to Orange county, where my half-sis spent most of her life. My natal Neptune is in 6th house Sagittarius esp the 22' or the "degree of immigrants and foreigners"...yes, he is of the decan based on his birth date. Because he's a naturalized US citizen after my half-sis is born, I can't really be a dual national citizen of both my homeland US and ancestral France, however my half-sis can be and it's just because in the 1970s-2000s, France had a type of military draft, but if I lived in another country with still US citizenship, I remain subject to the selective service draft system 1990s-2020s. Interestingly now, France is more of an European Nation jurisdiction and the continent is currently facing a war (Russia invades Ukraine) that could have France and all of the EU directly involved or actively sending their combined military force to liberate Ukraine. (edit: I read as a 1st-generation removed, the law changed due to France's EU membership, and if I move overseas, I can be an US-French dual national citizen equally like in the US, oddly enough, it's just in the 1970s-80s, women weren't "drafted" but in the 1990s-2000s for non-combative service, they were. It's all voluntary in France in 2010s-20s).

Last edited:

leomoon

According to Geni.com I am also what they term "connected" (not by blood however), via marraige (in law relationship which produced West Ford)....via Venus his mother (who I am also "connected" to. Strange!

West Ford, according to the will of Hannah Bushrod Washington, the mother of Bushrod, was freed at the age of 21. Evidence indicates that West Ford was employed by Bushrod until Bushrod's death in 1829. He continued to work for members of the Washington family (Bushrod's nephew, and then his great nephew) for many years.
Special Video Reports - Mt. Vernon Responds To The Ford ...
0EtLhGT91DF2NgubtXnu4VXk1N1vzFP99f037PUFbu4yIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

4mRS2lGq4cYjY6kU+wsTjgiv8VopCwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jefferson/video/tofords.html

leomoon

A rather strange thing has unfolded, but perhaps not really strange once the "context" of the event is added in for background.

I rec'd the geneology report of my Indian ancestor side, (one side is Abenaki and that is my mother's grandmother Sarana's parents and grandparents. I met Sarana a few times as a child before she died in the early 70s. She was about 103 then.

Now from her side of the family, surname of DeGonzague; a french name - comes the Wawanolett clan. This line is not too far removed from her father's side. One of them, named "Louis Napolean Wawanolett" fought in the "War of 1812", as it was one of the last of that particular war's battles. The way I read it was the Abenaki Indians in his reservation, decided to join the British in Canada, to fight off the Colonial Americans who were attempting to take the Abenaki land in Maine,NewHampshire,Massachusetts area. "Louie the Indian" he was called called by the British soldiers, had fought gallantly protecting his honor, family and land, at the "Battle of Chateauguay in Quebec". and he perished in 1813 in that Battle.

The Battle of the Chateauguay was an engagement of the War of 1812. On 26 October 1813, a British force consisting of 1,630 regulars, volunteers and militia from Lower Canada and Mohawk warriors, commanded by Charles de Salaberry, repelled an American force of about 2,600 attempting to invade Lower Canada and ultimately attack Montreal.

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_of_the_Chateauguay#:~:text=The%20Battle%20of%20the%20Chateauguay%
20was%20an%20engagement,to%20invade%20Lower%20Canada%20and%20ultimately%20attack%20Montreal.

Bataille de la Chateauguay by Henri Julien. Lithograph from Le Journal de Dimanche, 1884.

Date26 October 1813LocationAllan's Corners, near present-day Ormstown, Quebec

Louis Napolean Wawanolett:
Born in St.-Francois-du-Lac, Yamaska, Quebec, Canada on 1773 to Pierre Joseph Wawanolett and Catherine (Abenaki). Louis Napoleon Wawanolett married Marie Appoline Gill and had 4 children. He passed away on 26 Oct 1813 in Chateaugay, Quebec, Canada.

Now here is where it gets more interesting, sometime around Louie Napolean's life, there must have been early American Settlers killed who were from England as this list of names from England comes up and where they are from (most from Essex England) who ended up in Maine and Massachusetts area.

Someone from the Abenaki tribe or some warriors there, must have killed the parents of 2 children in some skirmish or battle, because the list of relatives says "Kidnapped and raised by Abenaki" in my family tree.
There are 2 in particular named as being the 2 kids kidnapped. (perhaps the parents died, I have no idea yet, and will attempt to investigate the saga farther in records available to me)

It makes sense to me to think this may have been what happened, as I know in Tombstone Arizona, the local proprietor of the local Tombstone Newspaper (during the famed Earp Brothers and shootout), has a museum there showing the child his wife and he "rescued" from Navajo Indians, a little Indian girl they raised. She died young however :( So with local Indian-colonial-american skirmishes and wars, these things did indeed happen!

I'll have to get into this later with charts if I can find dates to do so.

Louis Napolean was not the only warrior in his tribe or family line, as his father's name was "Pierre" Joseph Wawanolett, and Pierre's father was called "Chief Gray Lock" If anyone is on the forum from Massachusetts you probably heard of him. There is the "Gray Lock Mountain named for him"..... He also lived in Vermont which is farther north on the Eastern Seaboard.

There is a monument and plaque dedicated to Chief Gray Lock in Battery Park (Burlington, Vermont).

He lived in those parts back in the day when he too fought for his land.

Wikipedia has some background on him:

you'll see on this link that Wawanolett can be pronounced and spelled in variation form:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Lock

The mid-1720s conflict known as Dummer's War (also known as Greylock's War, Three Years War, Lovewell's War, Father Rasle's War, or the 4th Indian War) was a series of battles and raids between the region's English colonists and groups of the Wabanaki Confederacy. The legendary Chief Gray Lock rose to prominence during this period, marshaling and organizing Native resistance based in Otter Creek and, further to the northwest, on the Missisquoi near today's Swanton, both in what is now Vermont.[1]

My Family Line to Chief Gray Lock:
(Click to enlarge) print) Gray Lock is my 7th Great Grandfather on my mother's side.

Last edited:

leomoon

In this particular case, the once Sheriff of Tombstone prior to Wyatt Earp, adopted this little Apache girl - The Slaughters lived on a big ranch on the border of the Southwestern Arizona town across from Mexico when Mexican bandits would come over his border and of course on the "other side" of the ranch, were skirmishes with the native Americans (Indians, usually Apaches who the Army was fighting for control of land -

Little "May" did not live very long she died in her childhood. They had this professional photo taken of her at Fly's Gallery (I don't know if it was taken prior to the adoption or after the adoption) It may have been prior - when Adopted parents were being sought after for little May. I say this because she is wearing a torn dress, and may have been found wandering about.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2021/07/14/vintage-tombstone-photos/?firefox=1

This photo is of Apache May, a Native American child reportedly found and raised by John Slaughter of Tombstone.

apache-may-579x640.jpg