Dissociative Identity Disorder

Batou

Hello.

I don't know too much about astrology, but I couldn't help notice that my girlfriend has a birthchart that looks unusually negative. She was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder and Complex PTSD. She has a history of prolonged and severe childhood sexual and emotional abuse. I am curious if the abuse and accompanied diagnoses correspond at all with her chart.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 108

Zarathu

Account Closed
BPD is a disorder that I have found associated with about 10 asteroids of victimhood. I have a close relative with the disorder who refuses to get treatment.

There is a good book on BPD titles something about walking on eggshells.

My experience as a clinician for 40 years is that it will be the asteroids aspecting signficantly powerful and high friction planets that will show these disorders.

Quixotic

Negative Neptune/Mercury positions often indicate mental illness. But jeez, you're right, she does have an awfully bad chart. And a lot of it is in the form of oppositions, so it will have a tendency to play out with other people and in situations. :sad:

I feel so bad when I see charts like this. I wish her the best.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I could look, but I would need to see the data that generated the chart. The chart itself doesn't provide what I would need to make a recommendation. DID is very rare, and there is no conclusion by psychiatrists and clinicians that it really exists. As to PTSD, I came to the conclusion after 40 years of practice with children(I'm retired) that every emotionally disrupted child I saw had PTSD. Early on my associates would relate to the children talking about their feelings, and then would say that they couldn't get them to talk. For some reason I always related cognitively and asked them to explain over and over again what happened without any reference to feelings. Doing that always elicited feelings much sooner. AFTER COLUMBINE more research on this was done and it was discovered that early elicitation of feeling suppressed feelings.

So of all the disorders that you have suggested, I would say that BPD is probably over-riding. Everyone who experiences serious stress has PTSD. MOST BPD's have a history of abuse, but not all. An increasing side effect of untreated Lyme Disease seems to be some variation of BPD.

Last edited:

Horus

I would say that her chart does correspond to her issues. However, these aspects don't define any one personality disorder. I had a client who had a history of violent, sexual child abuse and BPD with a completely different chart from this one, her issues reflected in a different, yet no less valid way, astrologically.

The Moon (emotional self, subconscious mind)is the main issue here and it is HEAVILY afflicted as the main point in a T-Square that also involves Mercury, the reasoning center. I can see how BPD could come out of this, especially with volatile Uranus in the mix. The Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV or the new V) is probably a better reference for that than astrology though.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I can see how BPD could come out of this, especially with volatile Uranus in the mix. The Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV or the new V) is probably a better reference for that than astrology though.

In my opinion, I would need to know the power/ friction of all the planets, houses, signs, and aspects, as well as the asteroids and Arabic parts to see further into it. However, without birth data, those things are unreachable to me.

Vista

You have had a lot of great feedback and as everyone has agreed, her chart certainly does point to abuse in her childhood. Moon being at the apex of the T square of Mer and Uranus suggest to me a female involved in the abuse, assuming it would be her mother or perhaps a grandmother as Saturn is there in the 4th house too. Saturn conjunct Neptune, a lot of coldness and not feeling loved by those who care for you and possible substance abuse issues in her childhood amongst the sexual abuse as you stated; Uranus is just plain unpredictable. I am sure it was all intertwined. She's been going through very difficult transits over the past few years, I would imagine much of this is coming to surface now or has been. How does she operate in her every day life, is she product and keeping a stable job? Does he have a career and or long-term goals and aspirations? Uranus is opposing her MC which points to instability within her job. I would say autonomy would be very important to her in work.

Hello.

I don't know too much about astrology, but I couldn't help notice that my girlfriend has a birthchart that looks unusually negative. She was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder and Complex PTSD. She has a history of prolonged and severe childhood sexual and emotional abuse. I am curious if the abuse and accompanied diagnoses correspond at all with her chart.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Batou

Thank you for all the replies.

I could look, but I would need to see the data that generated the chart.

Is it the asteroid locations you need? I was originally going to include that, but with the chart shrunk it seemed hard to follow, but if you need anymore, the following attachment provides the birth data.

With DID being a fad disorder, I can understand the doubt surrounding it's existence. However, I am well aware of the other parts, and how the host dissociates from, and unaware of time passing when they come out. For the prevalence of BPD, the one alter, the persecutor, has BPD, the angry version while she, the host, exhibits the discouraged version. There are also two child parts and a helper part.

Moon being at the apex of the T square of Mer and Uranus suggest to me a female involved in the abuse, assuming it would be her mother or perhaps a grandmother as Saturn is there in the 4th house too.

She has certainly received a lot of emotional abuse from her mother, and one of her aunts.

How does she operate in her every day life, is she product and keeping a stable job? Does he have a career and or long-term goals and aspirations? Uranus is opposing her MC which points to instability within her job. I would say autonomy would be very important to her in work.

She is collecting a disability pension. She does have goals and aspirations, but those seem to be clouded from the host personality, and are mainly reflected though her alters more now than ever. Her condition worsened last year with the onset of flashbacks.

Attachments

• chart2.jpg
    chart2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 43

rahu

Banned
in addition to the comment alread given, pluto square to the venus/mars midpoit is als inficative incest and sexual abuse. here it would seem that her ability to have a healthy relationship is somewhat difficult. this aspect can show tha she has an adversion to sexuality because of the abuse. it also implies tha a male sybling cout be involve in adition to a substance abusing father figure.
if these dynamic are valid then i would think tha at the en of the month any "demons" she has aboout sexuality will start to come out for a month or so.possibly she will want to be celibate .

rahu