Discussion/questions:Archergirl's Article:Basic Horary

RockFish

Hello,

I'm a total greehorn in terms of horary, and just read the article posted in the education board. Thanks for it, it's great.

Now the questions:

1- I'd like to know how time applies in the matters of horary readings.

For example, imagine someone ask "Will he call me?": that's a bit of a vague question, since he may call tomorrow or in ten years, so, how do we deal with a question like this? Of course, if the rulers of the two people involved are in contact, then the chance for an immediate 'yes' is better. but if they aren't, how do you distinguish a blatant 'never' from a 'maybe in a few months'? I hope this question makes any sense...

2- Another question about time:

Is it possible or adequate to ask something like "will we ever see each other again?" For instance, if the answer is very much negative, does it mean they will never meet again in a lifetime? Does horary provide definitive answers like this? Or this kind of question is not adequate for horary?

3- This is probably a dumb question, but how do you know when there is a late or early ascendant? Is it by the degrees?

Thanks in advance!

natasa812

For the 3. question - if it is until 3 degrees or 3 degrees less from the end, than it is too early or too late. For example, if the AC is at 1 or 2 or 3 or at 27 or 28 or 29.
And there is article about time in horary, use the search tool (go up with your mouse, write ``time` in the small box that will open whan you click on search button and than click again on a smaler button and you will find all posts about it).
Best regards
Natasa

RockFish

Thanks, natasa and archer, for your answers, really helpful! :)

And Frawley's article really says it all, isn't it? I'm glad that some mysteries remain. :)

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Re: How to Read a Horary Chart: The Basics

Astrologer4U,
I have moved this post from the Ed Board to the Discussion of the article. (here).
Cheers
lillyjgc

archergirl

In ancient times, the landlord/tenant relationship was given to the 6th house, because the tenant was a sort of 'servant': this comes from feudal times.

Nowadays, the landlord would be the 7th house, because it is assumed that the landlord/tenant are partners in contract, and are therefore on equal terms.

AG:)

Chimerical

Re: How to Read a Horary Chart: The Basics

Thank you, thank you, thank you to both Archergirl and Lillyjgc for providing this information:)

noideaaboutastro

I'm confused. How do I find the moon?
And what if this is a legal matter involving my ex (7th house right) and my son (5th house right?) and travel+my extended family? What is that?

PensiveGemini

Thanks for the article, it really really summed things up and taught me a lot!

At this point I'm having the biggest problem learning how to "read" the chart... I know what things symbolize and mean but somehow the story does not come so easy...

Does it mean anything if the quesited is on the cusp of a sign, or at 0 degrees?

Also, is it significant to consider when the querent is in a fast moving planet and the quesited is in a slow moving planet or vice versa, for example, if the querent's significator is Mercury and the quesited's significator is Neptune?

Serendipity

Thanks for the article, it really really summed things up and taught me a lot!

At this point I'm having the biggest problem learning how to "read" the chart... I know what things symbolize and mean but somehow the story does not come so easy...

Does it mean anything if the quesited is on the cusp of a sign, or at 0 degrees?

Also, is it significant to consider when the querent is in a fast moving planet and the quesited is in a slow moving planet or vice versa, for example, if the querent's significator is Mercury and the quesited's significator is Neptune?

Putting the whole chart into perspective and how to read the story comes with practice. Most people struggle with horary when they are first trying to learn it.
When a planet is at the end of a sign for a significator I usually interpret this to mean that there's going to be a change taking place for that person. If it's at 0, I look at it as if they've started some kind of new cycle. (that's my personal spin on it)
Neptune isn't used in traditional horary. Traditional planet for Pisces would be Jupiter.
As far as the faster moving planets, kind of depends on the question that's asked.