Discussion of Nicholash's article: Saturn Returns

starlink

Re: Saturn Return

EJ53, you asked the following:

And, if so, are we able to analyse it in a similar manner to that used by Starlink for Solar Returns - both as a stand-alone chart for the next 30 years and as a transit chart to natal chart?

Interesting question, but I have not heard of this. A solar return is just for one year, so I dont think you can make a chart which shows you for the next 30 years what you should do. One possibility however would be to cast a chart for the exact day of your Saturn return, then progress it every year and see how this Saturn evolves. Maybe some astrologer already thought of doing this, but I have not heard of it yet.

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned

starlink said:
...I have not heard of this....One possibility however would be to cast a chart for the exact day of your Saturn return, then progress it every year and see how this Saturn evolves...

I've not heard of it either, Star - but it seems plausible, and your suggestion is worth exploring further.

I just have a nagging feeling that the Natal Chart shows unrealised potential and the Saturn Return Chart shows how we should be if the "first stage" potential has been realised - effectively "colouring" our natal attributes until the next Saturn Return (showing how we should be if the "second stage" potential has been realised).

So, Natal Chart shows what we need to learn to become "astrologically mature" adults (hopefully by age 29/30) - 1st Saturn Return shows what we need to learn to become "astrologically wise" elders (hopefully by age 59/60) - 2nd Saturn Return shows what we need to learn in preparation for "the next lifetime". And that would make the Saturn Returns much more than "significant/life-changing transits" - but I've never seen it considered that way by the astrological community.

NicholasH is "hitting" on this when he says :-
The first 29 years of life are spent establishing who you are. You learn rules, limitations, and what works and what doesn't.
When 29 hits, saturn forces you to take what you've learned and apply it in a constructive way.....You are pruning your life of anything that holds you back.
However, I know from experience that (if not done by the end of the transit) Saturn continues to force this pruning throughout the next cycle - with it's lessons getting increasingly harsher as time goes by.

EJ:)

Last edited:

starlink

THIS POST IS FROM EJ53. I cannot however post it without my Avatar remaining on top, sorry!

Hi NicholasH,

I would like to ask "what is the period of influence for a Saturn Return?" Is it until the next return in around 30 years time (in the way that Solar Returns influence a 12 month period)? And, if so, are we able to analyse it in a similar manner to that used by Starlink for Solar Returns - both as a stand-alone chart for the next 30 years and as a transit chart to natal chart?

EJ:)

Last edited: