DISCUSSION of: aspects/houses/planets and everything in between

Re: would any one be agaiunst having a pratise board for beginners??

We already have this, mod. See this article:http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18461; it explains everything a beginner needs to know, including much of what you have mentioned needs to be written. We already have it, so the problem is not creation, it is discovery. So, we need to find a way to let everyone know that if you want to learn astrology from the basics, you should use the Ed Board (and the aforementioned article in particular) and the Beginner's Board.

I can barely stand to read this, no offense at all to Lillygyc. I understand upkeep, organization, and routine maintenance are not easy. I understand this is a piece of hard-earned effort. Lillygyc I am not criticizing you personally. Looking at this however, I don't see how this reflects anything of what I mean.

I see no clear kind of formatting. I see no clear kind of structure, rhythm, or desired objective to understand. I see a bunch of information, scattered and done in different styles, different fonts, different colors, that don't express anything meaningful to me as the reader.And I do see some cookbooking, which I thought we didn't want here?

Worst of all, I see the hard-earned efforts of Dr. Farr, Lillygyc, and Tikana, given no justice because it just looks terrible. Lilly I hope your ears aren't ringing on that one. I am just discussing what I see as I see it.

Where is the simplicity? The function? The order? The clearly stated objectives of this Basic Astrology Article? Now I can appreciate people wanting to include their own creativity and style, but I think it really gets in the way here.

Eternalautumn, you read this and imagine you are beginner, new to this site, new to astrology, maybe feeling intimidated.

Does this source as it is help you?

Lilly, it was just my honest opinion. I am sorry if it offended you. EternalAutumn agreed with me, by the way, that changes needed to be made.

I didn't submit it because I quite frankly hadn't thought of this until this thread emerged and it became an idea in my head.

I never felt like I personally could be the force behind any changes here. Due to my own personal history, I have struggled to see myself as a person worthy listening to.

I vocalized my opinion because I was asked. When someone criticizes my work, it is hard for me, but I also have learned to not take it personally. I thought it was like that for you too so I was just honest. :shrugs:

I'm not disappointed with the previous work, quite the opposite in fact. As I said:

Side by side with EternalAutumn, looking at the Basic Astrology Board:

I (personally) can barely stand to read this, it's just my personal opinion. :shakes head slowly: I understand upkeep, organization, and routine maintenance are not easy. I understand this is a piece of hard-earned effort. Lillygyc I am not criticizing you personally. :turns back to small piece of Education Board: Looking at this however, I don't see how this reflects anything of what I mean.

(I describe next what I mean)

I see no clear kind of formatting. I see no clear kind of structure, rhythm, or desired objective to understand. I see a bunch of information, scattered and done in different styles, different fonts, different colors, that don't express anything meaningful to me as the reader. And I do see some cookbooking, which I thought we didn't want here?

(Because of this, no names mentioned, no one indicted with the issue, simply just expressing what I see, I say)

Worst of all, I see the hard-earned efforts of Dr. Farr, Lillygyc, and Tikana, given no justice because it just looks terrible.

Nothing personal about you here Lilly, I very much admire and want to give more justice, clarity, precision, to your hard work. It just LOOKS terrible, IT isn't TERRIBLE.

And then as I said, just to repeat here now for good measure, I had my own additions to offer. I felt intimidated to offer them. I didn't know I needed to seek your approval this way. I just thought I'd put it out there and see what happened. I wanted other people to offer their input, what they would want. I wanted group collaboration. I wanted this to be a community effort, since we are a community. I would have submitted it to you if I had thought it was worthy of your consideration. I had gotten no feedback on it until now and I was never interested in being a solo artist in the process, which is why I was asking EternalAutumn what he thought.

I hope this clears things up.

Teddi

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor

I see no clear kind of structure, rhythm, or desired objective to understand.

I'd better explain it to you then.

Basic Astrology thread:
Firstly describes in detail how to set up your chart.
Then explains the terminology-natal, transits, progressions.
Goes on to describe what the planets do, where they do it (houses),different house systems,
aspects planets make
how to interpret the chart
elements, house divisions etc
aspectual formations
Retrograde planets
Major summary by Tikana
the hemispheres
personal houses
practical houses
social houses
unconscious houses
We also have detailed threads on the planets, the houses, solar returns etc...

And that's just a basic rundown...So I don't know why you are asking us to provide what is already there.
We placed the Ed Board right next to the Beginners Board-how much more obvious can it be..*EDUCATION*. If I was new here and knew nothing, that's where I'd go first.

Astrology is an interpretive artform.We need to give students the tools and knowledge, not an instruction on how that gets put together..

Lilly

tikana

ya know what .... EA and Mod, my answer to your suggestion is HELLL NOOOOOOO!

Everythng is ORGANIZED as IS... why reorganize something that is in order!

Lilly can sort articles added in the future by sectors or interests, As far as I know no one has been writing anything educational anyways. Instead of grumping about sorting, why dont you 2 write articles if you think there is not enough stuff written?

"Complainers change their complaints, but they never reduce the amount of time spent in complaining.
Mason Cooley '

Man alone is born crying, lives complaining, and dies disappointed.
Samuel Johnson

this is a reply to your statement, Mod
Worst of all, I see the hard-earned efforts of Dr. Farr, Lillygyc, and Tikana, given no justice because it just looks terrible.

Everything that needed the credit to be given one HAS BEEN given. I AM NOT COMPLAINING about that at alll.... the educational forum looks FINE AS IS! WHAT IS NOT DONE is WE NEED better titles for the board members. If a person is knowledgable in astrology in depth should be given a title like Horary Expert, Natal astrology expert or whatever it is that that person is known for. Right now you cant tell who is bsing / manupulating / or just making stuff up / or who is geniunly knows the subject being discussed.

that is all
T

Last edited:

Ebenia

Nothing personal about you here Lilly, I very much admire and want to give more justice, clarity, precision, to your hard work. It just LOOKS terrible, IT isn't TERRIBLE.

Teddi

I have to agree with here. I think that for example the thread about basics that Modcleopatra linked here (this: http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18461; ), I couldn't understand half of it - and I have studied astrology for over 7 years. And it is sad, cause there needs to be topics like this and I am sure that topic is also full of good information, but it's hard to get ANY clue out of it when the font is going up and down and the colors and different styles of writing and too much information on one note.

I think it should be separated, organized better and make more CLEAR. There is huge amount of questions every day about "how do I attach my chart" "how do I use astro.com" and so on, so it shows that the information that is available, is not going through to the people who it should reach.

No offence for anyone. :) Everything needs a little updating every now and then to keep it going - the same in here! :)

Ebenia

tikana

I have to agree with here. I think that for example the thread about basics that Modcleopatra linked here (this: http://astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18461; ), I couldn't understand half of it - and I have studied astrology for over 7 years. And it is sad, cause there needs to be topics like this and I am sure that topic is also full of good information, but it's hard to get ANY clue out of it when the font is going up and down and the colors and different styles of writing and too much information on one note.

I think it should be separated, organized better and make more CLEAR. There is huge amount of questions every day about "how do I attach my chart" "how do I use astro.com" and so on, so it shows that the information that is available, is not going through to the people who it should reach.

No offence for anyone. :) Everything needs a little updating every now and then to keep it going - the same in here! :)

Ebenia

Ebenia

ya know what i hate the most these days?
people state things and NEVER elaborate nor ask questions
Ask away start up a thread or something

and another thing Ebenia
PEOPLE DONT READ ... that is a fact.. it is same thing over and over again''
and why should things be given on a gold platter? i got get it.
most people figured out how to get to the forum. i think most people can figure out how to post astro.com charts here as well with the same rate of success.
"how do i use astro.com?" why should there be a tutorial on that since astro.com is not part of astrologyweekly.com?

T

Last edited:

I see no clear kind of structure, rhythm, or desired objective to understand.

I'd better explain it to you then.

Basic Astrology thread:
Firstly describes in detail how to set up your chart.
Then explains the terminology-natal, transits, progressions.
Goes on to describe what the planets do, where they do it (houses),different house systems,
aspects planets make
how to interpret the chart
elements, house divisions etc
aspectual formations
Retrograde planets
Major summary by Tikana
the hemispheres
personal houses
practical houses
social houses
unconscious houses
We also have detailed threads on the planets, the houses, solar returns etc...

And that's just a basic rundown...So I don't know why you are asking us to provide what is already there.
We placed the Ed Board right next to the Beginners Board-how much more obvious can it be..*EDUCATION*. If I was new here and knew nothing, that's where I'd go first.

Astrology is an interpretive artform.We need to give students the tools and knowledge, not an instruction on how that gets put together..

Lilly

Great. I like this ordering you have presented me. Is this in the Ed Board, this run-down? If it isn't, it really should be. It's excellent and very helpful.

I'm just looking at Ebenia's post #25, this is what I was saying to, just as an aside, so I think it's just worth considering, this "change in look and appearance."

I wonder if it makes sense to have a boiled down version of just the basics here too? Like the idea of the "Table of Elements?" Sort of like a quick-reference/troubleshooting guide.

I totally agree there should be no "cookbooking," just a list of things, their basic properties, and ways they can be combined.

What they form when they combine, happens on threads.

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

tikana and lilly: Mod and I are talking about just the one article, the one I originally linked in the other thread, that Mod has quoted in this thread. That article is very, very hard to read. There is good information, no one's denying that. It just needs to be better formatted for ease of use.

Mod: The list lilly gave is the information in that article.

I think if we cleaned up this article, it would be perfect.

SapSac

Thanks for posting Tikana. I have just read and will probably reread soon to get all my facts straight. I feel that your insight on scorpio in the fourth house " often times the child with scorpio in the fourth house tends to branch off and start a new family by his or her own rules", was very true of my own chart. Seeing as my scorpio is in my fourth house

CapAquaPis

I know the thread is old, but the right place to keep the aspects-houses-planets bonfire of discussion going.

When one is a solar-Lunar Aquarius in the natal 8th, Cancer rising (noted Aries 1st) has Pluto in Libra-ruling the Cancerian 4th (Imum Coeli) and Uranus in Scorpio ruling the Leonine 5th houses: It's a difficult yet not destructive aspect of ones personal life and dealing with family members.

sambtween

Hello, I was reading and enjoying Re: aspects/houses/planets and everything in between, specifically your section on the houses. I was surprised that there was no mention of how truly out of place and difficult Neptune can be in the house of money, self-esteem and attitude. I am by no means a professional, but have Sun conjunct Neptune in Scorpio, with a wide aspect conjunction to Mercury in Libra in this house. Neptune dissolves, Neptune obscures, and influences self perception (in my case). It also isn't particularly favorable when it comes to money either. There is so much more, but suffice it to say that Neptune in the 2nd house isn't a happy placement.

CapAquaPis

Did I do that? :innocent: I shouldn't revived the thread and look what happened. :tongue: Uranus in Aries seems to hold a powerful weight for anyone born 80-88 years ago, the same case goes for generational planets like Neptune and Pluto in certain signs of the zodiac, and whenever they have conjunction with planets Jupiter (Luck and dominance/prominence) and Saturn (time, preparation and Crises) you look at what experiences these generations will have: I read last week's Newsweek magazine front cover read "Are you part of Generation *******? The age group 18 to 35 have difficulty in achieving independence and finding a job/career." The article nails it and they indicated what I'm talking about: check the outer planetary positions from years 1976 to 1993, peaking in 1984-85 when they lodged in Scorpio.

SunConjunctUranus

"You will find a lot of Virgo and Pisces in 11th house to be either in missionary tasks or in to be first on a plane to assist to those who were devastated by a disaster or in serious trouble."

This is very cool ms Tikana! :crying:

MarsUranus

I stopped taking it serious after tikana said Water and mutable are the weakest Sun signs when Libra and Aquarius are the detriment and fall.
Yet used the correct weak placements elsewhere, oh and the Mercury stuff too.
It's not enough already that misinformation is everywhere on the internet, we need it here too apparently.

Clear bias all over the place too. No clue how it was pinned either since they seemed to be lacking depth to their knowledge.

-Aquarius ascendant. -6th house Cancer Jupiter, Sun, Leo Mercury.

Odd discussion about calling the other Aquarius ascendant not their rising sign because of what your version of it seems to be.

The education board is teaching people BS.

I will remove myself before I lose brain cells.

Last edited: