Depression

powerion

Depression might as well be a planet in my chart that everything flows through first and last, because my life has been hell on my mental.

Last edited:
I am living in stress. it is making me weak.
whenever i think good something tries to distract my mind from my good thinking.
some astrologers told me that i am running in moon mahadasha. and so many planets are placed in 12th house like jupiter,sun,mercury,ketu.
my financial position is not good at present and i am very worried about my financial position in future.

tee_jay66

I have battled depression and mood disorder since I was a teenager.

I have saturn square my ascendant, moon opposition neptune and sun square neptune.
Also, saturn conjuct chiron in 3rd house.

Im a big believer that we can change.........just because our charts show our inclination to depression does not mean we are 'victims' of the heavenly aspects.
We just need to open ourselves up to the bigger picture and look for God.......whether that is in prayer, nature, meditation, yoga........anybody can overcome depression or at least not be controlled by it.

Our spirits are untouched by any human emotion.....we need to tap into what is 'real'

:smile:

bulayo

Off course dear, depression are of various types and the solution of various types of depression are also different. As you had discussed that your friend had shuts out all contact from the outside world, and trying to live alone. It is indicating that he have no faith on others. As per my opinion his moon and Jupiter is setting down. You may suggest him to wear a ring for this type of planet and be open with your friends. He will be happy.

Claire19

This is interesting, as I have an identical configuration of planets/luminaries in Aries...I wonder if an emphasis of personal planets in a particular sign would incline a person towards depression?

Arian Maverick
Clinical depression or that related to diet and health can be seen in the 6th such as Saturn connected to the Moon and Mercury for negative emotions and thoughts. Pluto connected to the personal planets for thoughts of death and the 8th house.

The 12th for wanting to be alone or feeling isolated and Neptune and wanting to escape sometimes through death.
No emphasis on personal planets in a particular sign necessarily.
The aspects are important.... tending more towards water element.

The chart ruler is often an indicator. It is a complex issue and no two persons will have the same configuration.

Claire19

Hi Lorielle,
Some tips to beat depression effectively.
Mild exercises like yoga are great to reduce depression. Do share your problems with your friends and family. Eat a well balanced diet and if you do not eat well take multivitamin regularly. Avoid alcohol, caffeine and other stimulants.
Exercise is often beneficial for depression and of course eating right and avoiding abuse of mind altering substances and alcohol which people use as an anaesthetic for feelings but ultimately exacerbates the problem.

Depression is more than just a low mood - it's a serious illness. While we all feel sad, sultry or low occasionally, some individuals practical knowledge these feelings extremely, for prolonged and often without reason. People who depression find it difficult to function every day and may be cautious to participate in activities they once appreciated. It is one of the most common of all mental health issues. One in five individuals practical knowledge depression at some stage of their lives.

retinoid

Exercise is often beneficial for depression and of course eating right and avoiding abuse of mind altering substances and alcohol which people use as an anaesthetic for feelings but ultimately exacerbates the problem.

When I was severely depressed mood altering substances are the only thing that 'saved' me and gave me relief. It was torture not even depression. I know the common belief is drugs=bad always, but I don't agree.