Death of a parent and Pluto transits

Isa

OH, I just realised something, after writing up what happened when Uranus was triggering this same aspect [sun sq MC]

Now that Pluto is triggering that point, my husband had quite a surprise----his old producer at Disney called last month and asked him to be a staff writer on a show reboot---which he had worked on for 6 years previously

He is 72 and wasn't really thrilled about going back to full time job but it is good money and residuals.

For the past 5 years he has been an independent writing team with our daughter. She is a Gemini with Aq Moon and is an excellent creative writer. They have been creating and developing shows for various production companies. And writing some books and graphic novels.

So husband told Disney he would take the job back, but only if he could be a writing team with his daughter. They said YES

So he feels like he is setting her up with the mentorship she needs to break into the writing business at a lucrative steady job. She already works as a voice actor and singer for Disney, so this will set her up with the other skill sets she'd need to be independent and productive without having to keep relying upon endless auditions, etc. She just finished her Saturn return so this is a perfect ending to Saturn conjunct her Saturn in the 3rd house the last 18 months.

So I think this Pluto on my MC is kind of a restructuring of a family legacy? My husband has been very well respected and successful in his career, and now he has had a rebirth which will establish our kids as well.
This is very interesting, Katydid. Do you have his chart? What is going on with transits and SR?

Lonerose99

My father's passing was April 28, 2005. He went into the hospital on April 12, when the transiting Moon was making its lunar return in my chart in my 4h. By the 28 transiting Moon was conjunct transiting Pluto in late Sagittarius in my 11h. Sagittarius is the sign on my MC.
My mother passed later that year on October 20. Transiting Moon was conjunct my IC and it was another lunar return day. Early that year on February 6, she had suffered a stroke and did not recover. The transiting Moon was conjunct my NN in Capricorn that day, in my 11h. Wow, so I never looked at just the transits of their passings before. So there's Pluto in my father's, and the Moon and 4h lunar returns in both parent's circumstances. But I'm wondering the significance of the 11h, hmmm... 🤔

sentR89day

Thinking of my family members. My mother was going through a Pluto square the Sun transit and her father in law and mother in law died. To me, they were her caretakers, and her real parents. They were always there for her. So a Pluto transit can definitely see a person seeing their parents, parent figures, or their caretakers, die.

Amelia348

My mom died when she was 55 while Pluto was squaring her moon. Literally a couple days before she died Pluto started squaring my Moon too at a 2 degree orb when I was 22. (Still going through the transit). Some may say coincidence but I believe everything is connected.

StarchaserNancy

My mom died when she was 55 while Pluto was squaring her moon. Literally a couple days before she died Pluto started squaring my Moon too at a 2 degree orb when I was 22. (Still going through the transit). Some may say coincidence but I believe everything is connected.
What house was Moon in, sign, house ruled, aspects? And, in your chart? Sad to lose her so young. More traumatic when your 20's when this happens I think versus later on.

joke n

when my dad died ( cardiac arrest) 2 of my siblings had tr Pluto opp and square sun. Other 2 had tr Saturn to sun. ( I even had a trine)
my mom ; (cancer) I had tr Pluto sextile moon and my sibling tr Saturn semisextile trad ruler 4 th , and tr Saturn quincunx moon. Tr Neptune quincunx ruler 10 th.

Last edited:

Amelia348

What house was Moon in, sign, house ruled, aspects? And, in your chart? Sad to lose her so young. More traumatic when your 20's when this happens I think versus later on.
Her natal Moon is in her 1st house, conjunct her asc and sun all in Libra and transit cap Pluto was right on top of her IC in her 4th. The moon rules her 10th.

My Moon is also in my 1st conjunct Saturn in Aries. I’m a Pisces rising but my 1st/Aries is intercepted. Transit Pluto is making the square from my 11th. The moon rules my 5th.

Last edited:

IRIS70

when my dad died ( cardiac arrest) 2 of my siblings had tr Pluto opp and square sun. Other 2 had tr Saturn to sun. ( I even had a trine)
my mom ; (cancer) I had tr Pluto sextile moon and my sibling tr Saturn semisextile trad ruler 4 th , and tr Saturn quincunx moon. Tr Neptune quincunx ruler 10 th.
When my dad died, t Saturn was conjunct my Moon and stellium in Libra, opposite t Uranus in Aries and square t Pluto in Capricorn=August 2010.
When he was found with a terminar disease, I predicted his death during that month. It was very hard for me to get over and nothing really prepared me. He was 70, so in my eyes quite young.
That was a really nasty T-Square to experience conjunct personal planets, let alone the Moon!

joke n

my father already felt his death approaching, experienced it as the flame of a candle waning.
and i already thought, this must be seen in the horoscopes of my siblings. and indeed, 2 x a tr pluto sun aspect and tr 1 transit saturn.
so that was confrontational and intense. but that trine with me I would not have predicted.
later using profections, it became more clear

i did have tr Uranus conjunct ruler of the 8th, dead from the 4 th( father)
because it was a sudden death its strange that no other sibling had anything with transit Uranus

Last edited:

StarchaserNancy

Her natal Moon is in her 1st house, conjunct her asc and sun all in Libra and transit cap Pluto was right on top of her IC in her 4th. The moon rules her 10th.

My Moon is also in my 1st conjunct Saturn in Aries. I’m a Pisces rising but my 1st/Aries is intercepted. Transit Pluto is making the square from my 11th. The moon rules my 5th.
I'm very sorry, rough. Moon conj. Asc., Pluto square to planets in the 1st, health affected, Pluto, IC/ 4th house, endings. My spouse had a major ht attack w/ Saturn tr his 1st house and squaring his Uranus, barely survived it.
Your Moon, too, in 1st, conj Saturn, sorrow, loss, all hit., intensified w/ Pluto. Wish you healing.

Amelia348

I'm very sorry, rough. Moon conj. Asc., Pluto square to planets in the 1st, health affected, Pluto, IC/ 4th house, endings. My spouse had a major ht attack w/ Saturn tr his 1st house and squaring his Uranus, barely survived it.
Your Moon, too, in 1st, conj Saturn, sorrow, loss, all hit., intensified w/ Pluto. Wish you healing.
Wow I’m so sorry. my moms heart failed too, on the day she died transit Pluto was making an exact sextile to her 5th house Saturn. And transiting Neptune was in her 5th opposing her natal Pluto-Uranus conjunction, The opposition to Pluto was exact too. It’s interesting because the 5th rules the heart

StarchaserNancy

Wow I’m so sorry. my moms heart failed too, on the day she died transit Pluto was making an exact sextile to her 5th house Saturn. And transiting Neptune was in her 5th opposing her natal Pluto-Uranus conjunction, The opposition to Pluto was exact too. It’s interesting because the 5th rules the heart
Wow, even w/ a trine the outers can be vicious. I had the Uranus (Pisces) tr oppos. to Saturn (Virgo) squaring my poor Moon. (Pluto had just opposed it prior). Pluto then went onto conj. my MC, squaring Asc. He did recover well, w/ months of time though. Pluto in his 1st house SR chart to rehab him.

Other things going on-Jup/Neptune Aquarius were Rx in his 6th house. He couldn't get off the ven t (Aquarius, Air). When Jup reached the opposition to the Sun (Rx), he started improving. By the time Jup stationed D, he was much better.

Saturn transiting his 1st, but stationed D too, trining my Sun (males in chart) also, pointing to recovery. Transiting Rx planets can stir up a lot of trouble. When they hit the oppos. to Sun, going Rx, things usually change in those houses, easing up the situation,, if they've been making stressful aspects. and again easing as they move Direct. I've watched this quite often.

Last edited:

BlackStar

Hi, I have been curious about this for a while. My father died of natural cause during my transit Pluto square sun transit (3 degrees separating). I've heard that Pluto transits to Sun or Moon in the child's chart could be indicative of the natural death of a parent. I am not talking about the charts of children. I am talking about the charts of adults with elderly parents who at any time may die of old age.

I am curious to get a discussion going and ask people to look at what was happening in their own charts during the death of a parent. To see if we can get a pattern going. Just out of interest.

When my Pluto squared Sun nobody among my beloved ones died. However, my entire life, friendships and other relations changed. I am not a professional astrologer, but I see from family and friends that at least one of the slower planets (Saturn to Pluto ) is playing a role.
Speaking of parents' death, I was wondering what happens when a person is an orphan. How do Pluto's hard aspects to the Sun or the Moon manifest in people's lives when their parents are already dead?

StarchaserNancy

When my Pluto squared Sun nobody among my beloved ones died. However, my entire life, friendships and other relations changed. I am not a professional astrologer, but I see from family and friends that at least one of the slower planets (Saturn to Pluto ) is playing a role.
Speaking of parents' death, I was wondering what happens when a person is an orphan. How do Pluto's hard aspects to the Sun or the Moon manifest in people's lives when their parents are already dead?
Sun representing males in your life, Moon, females so there may be Plutonian circumstances/events related to them (not just parents) affecting the person/chart w/ that going on. Look at Sun and Moon signs, aspects, houses, etc. & other things going on in chart at same time.

Lonerose99

Interesting question. A chart still has the parental axis, so could it show the adopted parents? Or caregivers, which house would describe a caregiver?

ScorpioMaria

I am an orphan, I do not know my biological parents, but I was adopted young

My adoptive parents and grandparents all died unexpectedly,
and there were Saturn and Uranus transits involving my Ascendant/Descendant/Midheaven

The last to die was my father figure and benefactor, my stepfather (we were very close)
I had Jupiter and Uranus on my Ascendant, Saturn on my Descendant (Jupiter is also my 10th house ruler)

There are many many possibilities indicating death in the chart of the native and loved ones (whether related by blood or not)
Just as there are transits indicating the death of a spouse

sahe118

I knew my Dads death was connected to my pluto square. But I was shocked to discover it was hours before the exact minute hit.
Horrified actually because it highlighted to me how karmic our relationship really was and I feel we failed to grasp the lessons that were given to us... I'm still close to him though, and learning from it all.

I think some people need to accept that some relationships are more karmic than others and the universe isn't cookie cutter one size fits all robots.
When you have a karmic relationship you know it one way or another and then the astrology backs it up. Always ❤️

Humanitarian

My paternal grandfather died in 28 November 1996, and my dad's ASC was being conjuncted by transiting Pluto when he died, and at the time before I was born in 2005, the transiting Pluto was transiting conjunct my natal Sun and my father almost died back then... (Even pre-natal transits before the child was born can indicate NDE of parents, too).

DC80

Interesting question. A chart still has the parental axis, so could it show the adopted parents? Or caregivers, which house would describe a caregiver?

Originally the mother was the 3rd place which is the place of the Moon goddess and the place of joy for Moon and the 9th place which is the place of God and where Sun joys representing the father.

Because of transmission errors and bad translations of texts it got shifted to the 4th/10th place axis.

For adopted parents you'd look at the 2nd/8th place axis.

There's no astrology here. This thread is nothing but coincidence. Pluto does whatever it does every day and Millions of people do not die.

The whole thing about Pluto is based on a lie. The false claim is Pluto entered Cancer in 1914 and it caused the Great War aka WW I and then this entire mystique of Pluto being the harbinger of death and destruction yada yada yada was concocted around that lie and rammed down people's throats.

Pluto entered Cancer in 1912, not 1914.

If you go back to the previous Pluto Cancer Ingress in 1668 you got nothing but peace. There were no wars. The only thing that happened was two wars ended in 1667 and their treaties were signed in 1668 and then a war ended in 1666, the treaty was signed in 1667 and it went into effect in 1668.

In the Pluto Cancer Ingress prior to that around 1424 there's an on-going war between England and France so Pluto couldn't have caused it and there were two minor insignificant battles.

None of the Pluto Cancer Ingresses prior to that have anything to do with war, death and destruction.

Of course, traditional astrologers already knew that because Cancer is not the sign for war, death and destruction. The violent signs are Aries, Libra, Scorpio, Capricorn and Aquarius. The human signs are Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius. Those two signs have to be configured in some way for there to be violence, conflict or war or to portend a violent death which doesn't mean murder, although it could but it could also mean a traffic accident.

Spiritlite

In 2017, the leo eclipse was smack dab on my venus. I had not been speaking to my mother but I had a feeling I would loose her to death during that eclipse (she was a leo, and had many planets in leo). one year later I received word she died from late stage cancer. She died while Venus and Sun were conjunct in Scorpio, a powerful day to die in my opinion. I was in my Saturn opp, the last time of my Saturn opp I moved out of my country to America, "loosing my motherland". I haven't looked closely at my chart aspects the day she died but that was the gist of what I could think of after she died.