Death of a parent and Pluto transits

BLAH

Very interesting----Pluto is conjunct my MC right now. My MC is @ 0 AQ.

I have been retired for 10 years so no boss to be worried about right now. My father died many years ago.

But my mom is 92 years old. I do worry that this transit will signify the loss of my mom. She is in pretty good health but does have dementia.

She recently told me that she feels ready to 'go join Dad.' She misses my father very much and in her mind, he is still alive and lives with her.
Thanks for your comment. I'm also interested how this transit would work out for you. Interesting that you mentioned what your mom said regarding your dad. I don't want to be negative since what I say means nothing except it is just negative, but my grandma and some other elders I knew who passed away started to mention either their husbands/wives or someone else close to them who had passed by then. For example, my grandma kept seeing or talking to my deceased grandpa whom I never met for several days prior to her passing at the age of either 94 or 96. Since you mentioned that your mom is in good health, the transit might represent something else related to the 10th or your 4th (since it opposes your 4th) as well. I'm just shocked at how I thought Pluto would play out for me in one way, but it played out in a literal sense. Oh, my mom had a mini heart attack/infarction a day an a half ago. At the same time, I noticed that progressed moon is conjunct my natal MC now, and it's also conjunct that transiting Pluto (it's called secondary progression if I'm not mistaking?) that's sitting on my MC still since my boss passed away in October so that Pluto hasn't moved too much from my MC yet. The heart attack was very sudden too for my mom. She should be back home tomorrow from the hospital.

ElenaJ

Thanks for your comment. I'm also interested how this transit would work out for you. Interesting that you mentioned what your mom said regarding your dad. I don't want to be negative since what I say means nothing except it is just negative, but my grandma and some other elders I knew who passed away started to mention either their husbands/wives or someone else close to them who had passed by then. For example, my grandma kept seeing or talking to my deceased grandpa whom I never met for several days prior to her passing at the age of either 94 or 96. Since you mentioned that your mom is in good health, the transit might represent something else related to the 10th or your 4th (since it opposes your 4th) as well. I'm just shocked at how I thought Pluto would play out for me in one way, but it played out in a literal sense. Oh, my mom had a mini heart attack/infarction a day an a half ago. At the same time, I noticed that progressed moon is conjunct my natal MC now, and it's also conjunct that transiting Pluto (it's called secondary progression if I'm not mistaking?) that's sitting on my MC still since my boss passed away in October so that Pluto hasn't moved too much from my MC yet. The heart attack was very sudden too for my mom. She should be back home tomorrow from the hospital.
Best wishes to your mom, Blah, for a successful recovery.

Pluto is transformation. It's uprooting to re-build.
On the MH, most often the 10th is assigned to the father and the career.
As in the case of Katydid, no career, no parents, so what happens?
It could also be reputation, both for better or worse, or just you being seen differently by others for some reason.
It can also be a turned house.
For example, it's the 8th from the 3rd of siblings, neighbours.
It is the 4th of the partner/spouse.
It's the 5th of the 6th, a domestic animal might give birth.
As so on.
It isn't necessarily tragic, though, depending on the rest of the chart.
We always have to look at the whole picture.

katydid

It really depends more on our natal chart, and progressions.
Out of curiosity, reading the situations above I went to check my progressed chart for when my father passed away, and the Pluto transit.
It wasn't Pluto that triggered it, I can see it in other aspects of my chart, but not Pluto.
Obviously, when our parents reach a certain age, and multiple health problems set it, it is more and more likely that they will pass away, even with minor aspects.
But I don't think we can determine anything with certainty just from Pluto.
Of course I wasn't making that prediction based upon Pluto transit alone. My pr Moon is in the 4th, opposing tr Pluto.

And that Pr Moon opposed Pluto/MC is making a T-square to my natal Sun @ 0 Scorpio. [which conjuncts my Mom's Scorpio moon]

So my natal Sun is now at the midpoint of Moon/Pluto opposition, and a T-square by pr and transit. I see it as a pretty transformational and emotionally powerful phase of my life. And there could be some loss involved.

Pr Moon in the 4th, Tr Pluto conjunct MC-----that brings in the MC/IC which involves family/parents/ancestors My mother is the last of my immediate elders from my 4th house.

I am a Scorpio, with Moon, Mars and Chiron conjunct in Cap, my 8th house. Pr Sun just now left the 8th, but pr Merc and POF are still in the 8th, approaching my 8th house conjunction.

So I do think it makes sense that death/rebirth/inheritance/the afterlife could be a theme during this powerful Pluto transit.

katydid

When I say my mom is in good health, I have to say that in terms of her being 92. She is on oxygen most of the day because she has lung problems. She never smoked but she has problems with her oxygen levels.

She does have a heart monitor, so there is that...:(...She had 2 strokes several years ago.

But what really hit home from your post was the mention of your grandma talking to her deceased husband. My mom sees, hears and talks to my Dad and my uncle, in her sleep and remembers it clearly when she wakes up. She naps every afternoon in her comfy chair, and as she wakes up, she often says, " Oh look at Jerry, he looks so good, did you see him?" [her brother] Or " Papa is so happy to see you, he sends his love"

When I leave to go to the store or something she'll say "don't forget to get Papa some ripe pears..."

She is convinced he is still here with her, and really believes it and it is comforting. But she also knows and accepts that he passed away 10 years ago. She sometimes tells me that "he is waiting for me at home."

I do feel like he is patiently waiting for her and it brings me comfort that if she is 'alone' when she starts to cross over, she won't really be alone, as Papa is there for that purpose.

It is interesting that your pr Moon is on the MC too. Mine is just passed the IC, opposing the MC.

katydid

tr Uranus enters Taurus, in my natal 12th , opposed my Sun in scorpio in 6th, and square my MC at 2 Aquarius

spring 2018----my husband retired from a job he had for 20 years and loved but it was kind of exhausting
so he took his pension and decided to slow down

we had an empty nest as both kids had grown and had their own places and jobs and families
So we made the bittersweet decision to sell our 4 bedroom home, which we loved, and downsize into a small cottage

Also our beloved German Shepherd passed away from old age [Uranus opposed Sun in 6th]

retro in Sept/Oct 2018----our house sold quickly and we found our little cottage in a neighbouring town
But we had to give away and sell so many things to make that move---it was very Uranus opposed Sun == letting go

My mom had a slight stroke in November of 2018. She was given a heart monitor afterwards.

Mar/April 2019 ----by now, my Aries husband was bored so he took a great job as a consultant

He had worked as a staff writer for Disney Animation for years so he became an independent writing consultant, just fixing up others scripts

And he got a great job teaching for a writer's retreat which takes place in various European cities--He LOVES this work, which he still does once a year

So by the 3rd pass of Uranus opposed Sun and Square MC we had settled into our new life, after 21 years in our old town

Also, my granddaughter was starting pre-school, so I suddenly had lots of free time instead of helping with a toddler while my son and his wife worked

My mom started showing signs of slight dementia at this time. It wasn't bad, she lived independently still, but I could see it slowly happening.

that Uranus transit really changed my life and 'who' I was-----
In 1999 my husband sold a film script and we bought the big house in a very upscale suburb because we wanted to be in a good school district for public schools

For 20 years I was a stay at home mom, and was seen as a soccer Mom I suppose

When Uranus set up that T-square with my natal Sun/MC square, my 'old' life was wiped away. We totally downsized and we cut way back on our expenses so husband could retire and we wouldn't use all our savings.

So we moved into a busier city neighborhood, into a small cottage that needs little upkeep. We simplified our lives on purpose.

katydid

OH, I just realised something, after writing up what happened when Uranus was triggering this same aspect [sun sq MC]

Now that Pluto is triggering that point, my husband had quite a surprise----his old producer at Disney called last month and asked him to be a staff writer on a show reboot---which he had worked on for 6 years previously

He is 72 and wasn't really thrilled about going back to full time job but it is good money and residuals.

For the past 5 years he has been an independent writing team with our daughter. She is a Gemini with Aq Moon and is an excellent creative writer. They have been creating and developing shows for various production companies. And writing some books and graphic novels.

So husband told Disney he would take the job back, but only if he could be a writing team with his daughter. They said YES

So he feels like he is setting her up with the mentorship she needs to break into the writing business at a lucrative steady job. She already works as a voice actor and singer for Disney, so this will set her up with the other skill sets she'd need to be independent and productive without having to keep relying upon endless auditions, etc. She just finished her Saturn return so this is a perfect ending to Saturn conjunct her Saturn in the 3rd house the last 18 months.

So I think this Pluto on my MC is kind of a restructuring of a family legacy? My husband has been very well respected and successful in his career, and now he has had a rebirth which will establish our kids as well.

ElenaJ

OH, I just realised something, after writing up what happened when Uranus was triggering this same aspect [sun sq MC]

Now that Pluto is triggering that point, my husband had quite a surprise----his old producer at Disney called last month and asked him to be a staff writer on a show reboot---which he had worked on for 6 years previously

He is 72 and wasn't really thrilled about going back to full time job but it is good money and residuals.

For the past 5 years he has been an independent writing team with our daughter. She is a Gemini with Aq Moon and is an excellent creative writer. They have been creating and developing shows for various production companies. And writing some books and graphic novels.

So husband told Disney he would take the job back, but only if he could be a writing team with his daughter. They said YES

So he feels like he is setting her up with the mentorship she needs to break into the writing business at a lucrative steady job. She already works as a voice actor and singer for Disney, so this will set her up with the other skill sets she'd need to be independent and productive without having to keep relying upon endless auditions, etc. She just finished her Saturn return so this is a perfect ending to Saturn conjunct her Saturn in the 3rd house the last 18 months.

So I think this Pluto on my MC is kind of a restructuring of a family legacy? My husband has been very well respected and successful in his career, and now he has had a rebirth which will establish our kids as well.
What touches the MH also touches the IC, the home/house.
And you underwent a big change in that area.

Nothing about your mother, with her 0 degree moon in scorpio?

katydid

What touches the MH also touches the IC, the home/house.
And you underwent a big change in that area.

Nothing about your mother, with her 0 degree moon in scorpio?
I did note that in the 2nd hit of Uranus opposed her Moon, she had a slight stroke, and ended up getting a heart monitor.

Also, at the end of the transit, I noted that she was showing signs of dementia. Since then it has progressed to Alzheimers and she is in a memory care centre now. She loves it because she has art and music and dance classes every day there.

It is very expensive though.

ElenaJ

Mars rules my Asc/1st and Pluto rules 8th, yes I see what you're saying now. Inheritance house. Elena, you have prominent air? I am curious about everything, too. :)

Pluto was square my Mars and trine my Venus. My natal Venus is in oppos. to Jupiter across 1/7 houses.
The trine to Venus, ruler of your 7th, should have enabled you to help him during the transit, that was stressful for him.
Spouse is easy going, goes w/ the flow, soft, not macho man
Venus!