Daughter has moon in taurus in the 8th :eek:

Diana1981

Hello

I was wondering if someone could tell me how significant this is? May daughter is 3 years old. I had recently become interested in astrology shortly after I had her. I looked at her natal chart and right away noticed her Moon is in Taurus in the 8th! Does this mean what I think it means??
Moon = Mother
Taurus = Physical
8th House = Death

Please tell me I am way off!

Thanks in advance :)
Diana

Attachments

• diana birth chart.gif
    diana birth chart.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 110
  • jenna birth chart.gif
    jenna birth chart.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 85

Ixaee

As Sugar said above, no..... things arent always that grim!

Moon in 8th could show separation from you (i.e. divorce, etc), sexual abuse (common with this placement), a female who leans more to being lesbian, or simply a very intensely emotional/psychic person. It could also show that you have a very deep secret that you try to keep from her, or that you were/are abused yourself.

My only advice is to be watchful of her.. sexual abuse with this aspect is a possibility, so stay aware of who she is with and what's going on.. (as casually as possible, so not to be overbearing or cause her fear).

Last edited:

Diana1981

Thank you both very much! I know I tend to obsess over these types of things. I love reading and learning about astrology but sometimes it does scare me a bit and I can get a bit obsessed and carried away!

I am very attached to both my children and don't even like to be away from them for more than a couple of hours at a time. I do feel a strong affinity with Jenna, my 3 year old and I wonder if it has to do with all this stuff. I want so much to be a good mother and to be here for her always and for her to be happy and healthy and safe and well adjusted! Hopefully she will just be a lesbian when she grows up! lol.

Claire19

no, astrology is not that simple

You can't look at a natal chart and determine death. You can confirm death using transits and other predictive technique, but that's different
Hello there

After all we all pass over at some point. :smile: Astrology is complex and the whole chart always has to be looked at. The aspects to that moon will show her family conditions and her image of you her mother in lots of ways. She will probably be quite fixed and stubborn in many ways.

Moon in Taurus is a good placement for steady and loyal emotions. ALso finances you will find she is involved with especially others assets.

I have it and in the 3rd and it makes for sensuality and an earthy influence with strong physical appetites.

I also wouldnt make the mistake of analysing one so young. She needs to develop in her own way and this you cant really predict at such an early age.

nuthatch

Nothing wrong with the 8th house :) I have Sun and Mercury in the 8th, and I have a (seems to me) unusual number of friends with 8th house Moons. The 8th house doesn't really have anything to do with the death of the individual. From what I've seen, it can influence a person to be especially in tune with suffering and death; they can become a powerful healer (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, etc) precisely because they are unafraid to confront taboo topics.

Here's a good article about it that's frequently cited here. Although there are some less mystical aspects to the 8th, such as inheritances and other peoples' resources, an 8th house person can understand that there are powerful emotions and secrets tied up with these seemingly mundane things--there is no such thing as a purely economic relationship, etc. They might therefore make good debt counselors, or lawyers, or mediators. With Moon in Taurus in the 8th, I imagine that this material aspect to the 8th would be intensified, since material comfort is such a Taurean domain.

I also read something about the 8th house influencing the expression of a planet in a more private direction. Not sure how that would work for Taurus. I'm almost certain that the 8th influence has made my Leo Sun rather less flamboyant, though...

It can also motivate someone to seek out forbidden knowledge and other peoples' secrets. (This is an area where I always manage to get myself into trouble :))

But yeah, I agree with Claire that you can't predict how someone will develop. Two people with the same planet in the same sign in the same house can develop very, very differently. I know two people with suns in Aries and moons in Aquarius in the 5th, and although they have some similarities in their basic approaches to feelings they are also very different in terms of interests, relationships, emotional and psychological health, etc.

Last edited:
Hello

I was wondering if someone could tell me how significant this is? May daughter is 3 years old. I had recently become interested in astrology shortly after I had her. I looked at her natal chart and right away noticed her Moon is in Taurus in the 8th! Does this mean what I think it means??
Moon = Mother
Taurus = Physical
8th House = Death

Please tell me I am way off!

Thanks in advance :)
Diana
Moon is exalted in taurus and it IS well aspected in a Grand trine configuration.

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

So in Equal house Moon in is 7th not 8th BUT conj 8th cusp

Planets conjunct a house cusp
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202304&postcount=7
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=205033#post205033
Planets conj House cusp
“Ascendant at 15’ Libra and Jupiter 13’ Libra. That would place Jupiter in the 12th house, right? But many thoughtful astrologers would read this as Jupiter being conjunction with Ascendant, and end up reading it as bringing its action to bear in the first house, rather than in the 12th.
This same idea would apply for each and every house cusp. If the planet is IN THE SAME SIGN as the sign on the next house cusp, and close enough to be CONJUNCT WITH that next house cusp, the action of the planet will be directed into oncoming house”
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/inhouses.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14887

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125412&postcount=4

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

She does however, have a Grand Square

Grand Square or Cross
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/grandcross_t-square.shtml
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_cross_(astrology)
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

The Mysteries of the 8th House: House of Death & Transformation
by Carmen Turner-Schott
http://www.ofspirit.com/carmenturnerschott1.htm

wowreally

i didn't read all the comments so i might be repeating something that was already said, but she's going to be really REALLY really stuborn.
Just know she will do what needs to be done, just not on your schedual. and the more you push her the more she's going to be determined to say no or delay doing it.
if you want her to do chores for example, never come up to her the minute of and be like do this now.
tell her by 6 i want this done..

Taurus moon is exlated and well aspected and needs lots of cuddles and emotional security to function. I don't see this being overly stubborn.

Maybe you are referring to Sun conj Pluto in 10th which can be at times overly 'assertive and dogmatic'?

thesun.gif
conjunction.gif
pluto.gif

Sun conjunct Pluto
A conjunction of the Sun and Pluto shows you possess the traits of an extremist in some ways. Your likes and dislikes can be intense. Being moderate in your actions is always a problem. There is a power complex in play here, and a tendency to become dictatorial. You have a power ego you assert on some occasions, and not always with common sense. you are highly assertive and competitive. Often your strong drive is directed at improving social conditions in your environment. You have a significant social consciousness, and you are very intolerant of unfair circumstances and injustices
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sunaspects.html#sucpl

Perhaps even more obvious than Sun-Pluto people's intensity is their distaste for superficiality, and their ability to "read" others almost instantly, tapping into their motivations effortlessly. They quickly read between the lines, and although this helps them to experience a deeper dimension of existence, the focus may be a little too dark or negative. They are determined to uncover the truth, may be biased on the side of negativity. They can be so obsessed to prove that something is wrong, and that things are not as they appear, that it becomes an obsession. In fact, they can be very self-destructive.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/sunplutoaspects.html
to read the full article click on link

diana81

Hi everyone. I was doing a Google search and found this post that I started 5 years ago! And I am happy to say I am still alive!!
Back then, my daughter was 3. She has just turned 9. I have been looking at her chart lately and noticed that Uranus will conduct that natal moon on the 8th house cusp in the next couple of years :(
Here I go again!! I also noticed that Uranus will also be transiting my husband Chiron in the 8th, my younger daughter will have Pluto transiting the 8th and I will have Pluto cross my Ac all in the next 2-3 years.
I can't believe how time has flown by. My kids are 7 and 9 already, but still they are so young. I want kors than anything to be hear for them always. At least until they are grown up. Can anyone tell me if these transits should concern me or what they could mean?
Thanks!!!

obsidianmineral

Hello Diana1981,

You don't need to worry. You said Moon is in Taurus in the 8th, and I get that you might think it's bad, but astrology does not end there. To answer your other question: yes, you're way off :)

The Moon is exalted in Taurus and in a grand trine. That can only speak and depict a good motherly influence in her life.

diana81

Hello Diana1981,

You don't need to worry. You said Moon is in Taurus in the 8th, and I get that you might think it's bad, but astrology does not end there. To answer your other question: yes, you're way off :)

The Moon is exalted in Taurus and in a grand trine. That can only speak and depict a good motherly influence in her life.
Wow - thank you so much for your reply! It's just want I wanted to hear, of course. I do know that her moon is exhaled in Taurus, but not sure what exactly that means. It is right on the cusp of the 8th house. Do you have any ideas of what t Uranus conjunct n moon could indicate? Thanks again.
My daughters bate of birth is September 1st 2007 at 9:19am, Toronto Canada.
I think the chart is attached to the thread as is mine but can't see it on my phone.
Diana

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

In karmic astrology, an 8th house Moon indicates that the mother in this life has been with the child in a previous life. It may not have been as mother and daughter, but a partnership relationship of some sort.
A Taurus Moon is a psychic moon, so you may want to be aware of that.

Julia

diana81

Thanks Julia. Very interesting. I have always felt a strong connection with her. I thought maybe it was just because she was my first. But as she has grown older, I can tell that she is so much like me. Maybe many parents feel this way about their kids, but it's like she is a little, much better version of me. I feel like she understands me so well. She is so sweet and sensitive and caring. My younger daughter is wonderful and I absolutely adore her as well. But there is a special connection between Jenna and me. I look at her and it's like she has this bright light surrounding her. I love her so much it hurts. I have so many fears and anxieties and I try not to let my children be too affected by them, but I am definitely over protective and I am sure they feel it. I hope I have not ******* them up.
What do you think about Uranus conjucting the Taurus moon on the 8th cusp?

diana81

Wow - thank you so much for your reply! It's just want I wanted to hear, of course. I do know that her moon is exhaled in Taurus, but not sure what exactly that means. It is right on the cusp of the 8th house. Do you have any ideas of what t Uranus conjunct n moon could indicate? Thanks again.
My daughters bate of birth is September 1st 2009 at 9:19am, Toronto Canada.
I think the chart is attached to the thread as is mine but can't see it on my phone.
Diana
Her birth year is 2007!! Sorry for the typo!

AquaMoonChild

My son who is 8 years old has cancer moon in the 8th house. He is very emotional and has always been extremely stubborn. He has plenty of friends and constantly makes more. He's also a leo with scorpio rising and a 1 in numerology which may add the stubborn streak though. He does say he sees dead people :/ but kids are imaginative. He woke up screaming in a hotel room when he was three with his eyes wide open and said he saw his dead cousins(?). I hate horror movies so he definately hasnt seen things on tv. He loves science and biololgy. Ever since he was little he was amazed by how they work and isn't afraid of gore. Very unlike me.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thanks Julia. Very interesting. I have always felt a strong connection with her. I thought maybe it was just because she was my first. But as she has grown older, I can tell that she is so much like me. Maybe many parents feel this way about their kids, but it's like she is a little, much better version of me. I feel like she understands me so well. She is so sweet and sensitive and caring. My younger daughter is wonderful and I absolutely adore her as well. But there is a special connection between Jenna and me. I look at her and it's like she has this bright light surrounding her. I love her so much it hurts. I have so many fears and anxieties and I try not to let my children be too affected by them, but I am definitely over protective and I am sure they feel it. I hope I have not ******* them up.
What do you think about Uranus conjucting the Taurus moon on the 8th cusp?

A North Node is Pisces is typically an advanced soul, so that is probably the lovely light you see around Jenna. I am not seeing Uranus conjunct the moon on the 8h cusp. Jenna's Ura is in Pisces 6h. ??

I was always wrapped around the axle with worry raising my daughter, in hindsight I wish I had relaxed and enjoyed it more! But I seriously doubt you have **** your kids, it sounds like they a very caring and loving mother.

Julia

diana81

My son who is 8 years old has cancer moon in the 8th house. He is very emotional and has always been extremely stubborn. He has plenty of friends and constantly makes more. He's also a leo with scorpio rising and a 1 in numerology which may add the stubborn streak though. He does say he sees dead people :/ but kids are imaginative. He woke up screaming in a hotel room when he was three with his eyes wide open and said he saw his dead cousins(?). I hate horror movies so he definately hasnt seen things on tv. He loves science and biololgy. Ever since he was little he was amazed by how they work and isn't afraid of gore. Very unlike me.
Thanks - very helpful to hear from a mum whose child also has an 8th house moon. Stubbornness is a quality that my daughter definitely possesses! It can be tough to deal with but at the same time, it is also a positive trait to have in many ways as well.
He sees dead people!! Oh boy! As long as it doesn't scare him...?
My daughter can't handle seeing gore or violence at all. She gets very upset watching movies that have anything sad in them. Even Disney movies. She will close her eyes and plug her ears when a commercial comes on that she thinks has the potential for something scary or sad.

Last edited:

diana81

A North Node is Pisces is typically an advanced soul, so that is probably the lovely light you see around Jenna. I am not seeing Uranus conjunct the moon on the 8h cusp. Jenna's Ura is in Pisces 6h. ??

I was always wrapped around the axle with worry raising my daughter, in hindsight I wish I had relaxed and enjoyed it more! But I seriously doubt you have **** your kids, it sounds like they a very caring and loving mother.

Julia
Thanks again, Julia. I can definitely relate, and I too wish I could just relax and enjoy this wonderful time of having 2 beautiful little girls who still love to be with me. Soon enough they will be teenagers and will want to be with their friends all the time. I am trying to be more present. But for some reason I worry so much. About everything that could possibly go wrong. I feel like I need to be in high alert at all times and it is exhausting. Maybe it is my Pluto conjunct sun. I worry about them when they are in school and at friends houses. I am much too protective and I just worry that I will pass my irrational fears and anxieties on to them. I want to raise strong independent girls who can problem solve and survive in this world without me!! I will keep trying to find some balance and just do the best I can. Man, being a mum is hard. But its the best job in the world, and I am very lucky.
It is transit Uranus that I am concerned with. It is now going through her 7th and will conjunct her moon on the 8 house cusp in the next 2 years. I am wondering what this will bring.

obsidianmineral

My daughters bate of birth is September 1st 2007 at 9:19am, Toronto Canada.
Diana

Hello again. Thank you for your reply as well. To adress what exalted means in astrology I will explain what the dignity of a planet is.

In astrology we have 12 zodiac signs. Each sign represents an element (fire, water, earth and air), a modality (cardinal, fixed and mutable), and finally a polarity (masculine, femenine). These attributes help you understand how each sign works and what exactly it means. Let's use an example. We'll use the sign of Virgo.

Virgo is an earth sign, that has a mutable modality and a femenine polarity.

Earth: Means that the sign focuses on the physical plane. It focuses on everything that's tangible and that is practical. This is because the element of earth represents ground, represents a solid base. That's why they're cautious signs, because they need a solid base to rely upon in order to feel comfortable. That's why earth signs are called down-to-earth or need physical love. This is clearly different from the water, fire and air signs since these signs focus on different things. Fire focuses on action; water focuses on feelings, and air focuses on intelligence.

Mutable: This modality describes HOW the element acts. It tells us the mode of behaviour of a sign. Virgo is a sign that has to do with routines, with working everyday, with perfection; it is a sign deeply affected by its environment. It works for his or her routine. If that routine changes, so does Virgo. That's why it's mutable. Mutable means it changes and adapts. On the other hand we have cardinals (which start things) and fixed signs (which are the most consistent and stick to their plans).

Femenine: This is the least important of a sign's attributes, because it just means that whatever sign is femenine is receptive, reactive, introverted, passive, indirect, etc. Masculine signs on the other hand are extroverted, outgoing, giving, active, etc. All of the earth and water signs are femenine, while all of the fire and air signs are masculine.

Now, let's relate all of these concepts to the planets themselves. The planets also work in a way or another. The Sun is giving, aggressive, outgoing, extroverted, etc. (that's how the Sun likes to work) and so if you have a certain planet in a sign, the energies that merge with that position MIGHT or might not work well with each other. Let's analyze the planet of the Sun for the sake of simplicity.

The Sun is described by many astrological sources and pretty much by everyone to be "masculine, diurnal, hot and dry and choleric". Then, obviously there are going to be signs where the Sun wants to be more than in others right? The Sun won't like as much to be in a sign that's emotional, that's introverted, like say Pisces. In this particular sign the Sun is peregrine (for the sake of simplicity we'll call it neutral) meaning it doesn't gain or lose from being in Pisces. On the other hand, the Sun very much likes the sign of Leo, where its rulership is at. Leo is outgoing, creative, giving, masculine... so Leo is the rulership of Sun.

Now in astrology we usually have OTHER signs where a planet can also work well. One of these is exaltation. Exaltation means that the planet, while it is not in a sign which the planet agrees with fully, it is in a sign that despite its differences gives to the planet what the planet NEEDS (and not necessarily wants). For example, let's go back to the Sun. The Sun finds itself exalted in Aries. Why? Because Aries is a sign that fully utilizes all of its energy into a single point. Don't you think that the Sun needs that? To fully use every bit of its energy into a single goal? Cause Leo works and sends energy into every direction; not a single direction. Leo wants to give things to EVERYONE and be generous with everyone. While Aries only wants to accomplish things that have to do with himself.

And now let's talk about the Moon. The Moon finds itself in rulership when she's in the sign of Cancer, since that's a motherly, emotional, loving sign. The Moon also represents the mother in one's natal chart. That's why its rulership is in Cancer. However, when it's in the sign of Taurus, the Moon is exalted because it finds herself in a place of comfort, a place of love, a place of luxuries. Taurus is a fixed sign so that Moon will probably want to stay in good terms with everyone and will avoid any emotional drama. It represents a mother that wants to give their children the best kind of food, the most expensive silverware, etc. Let's remember that Taurus is a sign that has to do with luxuries and money.

Now that's only to understand what dignities are in the planets. The planets will work better or worse depending on what aspects they have or what house are they in.

Last edited: