Dating, Mating & Relating with Virgo

RockFish

I have had many virgos in my life, since I have Moon, Saturn and North node in Virgo, and I love them dearly.

Do you hear a BUT coming?

BUT I'm still to meet a virgo that can be trusted with a secret. They are critical, analytical, etc etc, so we can get the impression that they are the crystal clear of perfection in all matters, but seriously!! Virgo is ruled by mercury, so, virgo people can "talk more than the tongue", as we say here.:whistling:

MamaMinnee

When I read this, it made me smile. :)

Only your Sun is in Virgo, Mars in Aries, Venus in Leo, lots of fire. I'd wager people who meet you do not guess Virgo. :)
The way you put this, you have attributed her passion mostly to her fire signs.

I think that the earthy meticulousness of Virgo ignites passion through acute detail and earnest willingness to accommodate their partners' every desire and whim. Some people like that.

gaer

The way you put this, you have attributed her passion mostly to her fire signs.
I didn't really mean that at all. I was pointing out that only Midnight's Sun is in Virgo.
I think that the earthy meticulousness of Virgo ignites passion through acute detail and earnest willingness to accommodate their partners' every desire and whim. Some people like that.
Again, you missed my point, which I have made consistently in this forum. I don't believe that the Sun is stronger than the Moon, and I don't believe that Sun, alone, in a sign, is a stronger indication of energy in that sign than many other planets but not the Sun.

redwolf481

I think it's fascinating how many Leos and Virgos are/were couples. I had no idea of the prevalence until now.

You might be interested to know that Virgo is not just the sign of the virgin. It is a mutable sign, embodying two very distinct connotations, the Madonna, as well as the Whore. Virgos run the gamut... and generally don't stay virgins forever.

mama minee can you expand on this????
what do you mean the madonna and the whore.....what do you mean they run the gamut???

neko senshi

My last boyfriend had Moon and Ascendant in Virgo. He was way too serious about everything and had no creative bone in his body.
But I would still give Virgo-y people a chance. Both my parents are Virgos and I get along with them, and they get along with each other.
The nice thing about Virgos in my experience is that they are usually logical and likable people.

MamaMinnee

I totally agree, this is the essence of Virgo's mutability, where the physical perfection cannot remain so.

Looking at the earth element as a cycle, it begins with Taurus creating and nurturing the physical growth, and Capricorn is the decline and lack, as it comes between the other two so Virgo balances Taurus and Capricorn perfectly:
Virgo is physical balance, health, physical perfection, it is that very moment when the fruit has reached it's peak of ripeness and is ready to be picked. And when you pick it or you leave it unpicked, the decline begins as it cannot stay perfect. It does not last because it is mutable.

Of course this is all symbolic for virginity and loss of it.
I could not love this reply any more!! CharmVirgo, your response is so Virgoan-ly precise and eloquently put, thank you.

Red Wolf, here is a basic description of the general Madonna/Whore Complex: It is the dichotomy of how women can be perceived as two distinct and separate personas, that of saint and sinner, or of Madonna/mother and whore.

MamaMinnee

....I can’t really discuss the whore type from personal experience, but it is another cold attitude to sex to ask to be paid for it. Virgo is a neutral sign that only contains the potential and does not know how to express itself beyond that.
Not that most like to share the 'whore experience' openly... But it is rumored... and there is an archived thread somewhere here... that Virgo is extremely prevalent in the sex industry, presumably as a result of their inherent service-oriented disposition. And, being an earth-sign, there may be an element of 'pay-to-play' involved, either overtly or understated.

MamaMinnee

I have had many virgos in my life, since I have Moon, Saturn and North node in Virgo, and I love them dearly.

Do you hear a BUT coming?

BUT I'm still to meet a virgo that can be trusted with a secret. They are critical, analytical, etc etc, so we can get the impression that they are the crystal clear of perfection in all matters, but seriously!! Virgo is ruled by mercury, so, virgo people can "talk more than the tongue", as we say here.:whistling:
That is not normally the case with Virgo. I would attribute that type of action to Gemini.

I will say that, when Pluto was in Sagittarius and squaring Virgo Suns, lips were loose; but that was more of a Pluto square Sun thing.

Claire19

It appears as though some signs, especially Scorpios, find Virgos difficult to date. They are deemed as too bossy, picky, and critical. Alternately, it is also well-documented that Virgos exponentially improve almost any partnership they enter. In a world of plentiful Chiefs, Virgos make terrific Indians; and are generally heralded as a most supportive partner. So would you {or have you} date a Virgo? Why or why not?
As we are talking generally here Virgo is reliable, down to earth, practical and strives to be good and proper in all they do. It is a sign that often prefers not to marry, but to remain Virgo intacta and that does not rule out sex of course. They prefer to work and have an orderly existence usually.

Claire19

That is not normally the case with Virgo. I would attribute that type of action to Gemini.

I will say that, when Pluto was in Sagittarius and squaring Virgo Suns, lips were loose; but that was more of a Pluto square Sun thing.

I am still of the opinion that Mercury is not the proper ruler of Virgo and will one day be relegated to co ruler. However, it is all we have at the moment to use.

Virgo are often nervous and loquacious but not so scattered as Gemini but possess good word power all the same along with mathematical abilities if the chart shows this.

Claire19

The olriginal meaning of Virgin was one in oneself and whole. Often the Temple Virgins of myth were actually prostitutes and keepers of the rituals of the temples. but the significant factor is unmarried. Those with Moon in Virgo I have found very often to be the child of a single mother for whatever reason. Virgo on the marriage house can disincline towards marriage. It does not necessarily preclude sex especially these days. This of course depends on what else is in the chart. As it rules the 6th house of aunts and uncles it is the bachelor uncle or the maiden aunt or the spinster which comes from those who would do the spinning of cloth etc for the family and often the eldest girl who remained at home and unmarried in some societies.

Last edited:

Claire19

Not that most like to share the 'whore experience' openly... But it is rumored... and there is an archived thread somewhere here... that Virgo is extremely prevalent in the sex industry, presumably as a result of their inherent service-oriented disposition. And, being an earth-sign, there may be an element of 'pay-to-play' involved, either overtly or understated.

I agree many Virgos will use sex as a way to make a living as they can be very practical and dispassionate about it and see it as an everyday service to be performed. Some with strong Venus and Mars in Virgo will view sex as a healthy outlet rather than for grand passion. Albeit on clean white linen and up straight away to douche.....:lol:

Paribas

I appreciate the Virgo greatly, though I'd never want to be with one in my primary relationship (at least without something to offset the earth). Virgos will make sure you feel secure and at home, and they will make sure that everything is in its place. Including you. That may range from picking your socks up and putting the glasses in the left-hand cupboard on the right side, to carrying out a plan for things that you need. That's why I can imagine it works so well for some Taurus and Capricorn, all things being equal. If you're not, and that rubs you the wrong way, then the relationship isn't for you. I can also imagine that a relationship with a Virgo would be good for someone who needs some order in life, and who needs that through a partner. They will certainly get it.

My personal favourite expression of Virgo is someone with a prominent 6th-House placement, like Mars and the Sun, especially in fire signs. In my experience, these people were just as fastidious but brought other qualities into their drive for order and perfection that attracted me more.

gaer

I am still of the opinion that Mercury is not the proper ruler of Virgo and will one day be relegated to co ruler. However, it is all we have at the moment to use.

Virgo are often nervous and loquacious but not so scattered as Gemini but possess good word power all the same along with mathematical abilities if the chart shows this.
Claire, are you only referring to Virgo Sun? Or Virgo prominent in a chart?

redwolf481

I once dated a Virgo woman, it was her natural and flawless beauty that reeled me in, much like all the followers that Cameron Diaz had in the film, "There's Something About Mary"!

She never did her hair, never wore make up or any perfumes but she ALWAYS looked like an immaculate goddess and smelled like she just stepped out of Estée Lauder or something. I never had to wait for her to get ready and she never let me down when she planned to meet at a certain time and place. She had that ... sparkle in her eye, if you know what I mean. She wore dresses and custom made shoes, could read music and play the piano - that almost killed me, to watch her play was heaven on earth.

She had an obsession with old films from the 20s, 30s and 40s and loved Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. She had her own herb garden which she made a little profit out of and even had business cards made up for it. As a matter of fact, I remember when I first asked her out she handed me one of her business cards and that just blew me away! I love that sort of thing! She would laugh extremely loud in cinemas, I don't know why and I don't think she was really aware of it but I loved her for it!

I had met my mental match, there was never a dull moment in conversation, she always had something profound and intriguing to say on any subject I brought up and she couldn't get enough of card & board games that it almost did MY head in. Her linguistic skills and feminine voice were freakin Mary Poppins - which is hot to an Aquarian Sun, Gem rising and you didn't want to speak incorrectly in any way.

I suppose you're ready for the BUT just like all of the above responses. It pains me to say this because she was so supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in every other way but ... she had intimacy problems. Many liked her but no one could ever get too close ...:venus: There was a combination lock that begged to be opened - I really thought I had the combination, with everything else we had going. I tried, trust me ... I tried. It didn't make any sense, everything else was perfect, we had so much fun and loved each other's company but when I sought a little reciprocity in different ways, she couldn't express herself.

On the other hand I know another Virgo lady who wants IT, everyday of the week and almost everytime I see her she's got a new BF or is on the prowl again. It's her favorite conversation. If only this girl was a one-man lady I'd have the best of both worlds, the mental and physical. I guess that's just the unfortunate truth with 150 degree relationships, they're slightly "off centre", imbalanced and always in need of fine tuning, ironically it's usually only in one area and every other aspect of the relationship is **** near perfect that it kills you.

I absolutly know what you mean about your lady unable to be intimate or vulnerable...my virgo I think dates douchebags because they won't try to become intimate with her and she can't be hurt emotionally by them...but shes terrified by me who makes her feel...she just runs....virgo sun mars in capricorn venus in scorpio conjunct pluto by 1 degree.... and the venus pluto combination is in the 8th and her sun and mercury in virgo are in the 7th she is a pisces rising

redwolf481

I once dated a Virgo woman, it was her natural and flawless beauty that reeled me in, much like all the followers that Cameron Diaz had in the film, "There's Something About Mary"!

She never did her hair, never wore make up or any perfumes but she ALWAYS looked like an immaculate goddess and smelled like she just stepped out of Estée Lauder or something. I never had to wait for her to get ready and she never let me down when she planned to meet at a certain time and place. She had that ... sparkle in her eye, if you know what I mean. She wore dresses and custom made shoes, could read music and play the piano - that almost killed me, to watch her play was heaven on earth.

She had an obsession with old films from the 20s, 30s and 40s and loved Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. She had her own herb garden which she made a little profit out of and even had business cards made up for it. As a matter of fact, I remember when I first asked her out she handed me one of her business cards and that just blew me away! I love that sort of thing! She would laugh extremely loud in cinemas, I don't know why and I don't think she was really aware of it but I loved her for it!

I had met my mental match, there was never a dull moment in conversation, she always had something profound and intriguing to say on any subject I brought up and she couldn't get enough of card & board games that it almost did MY head in. Her linguistic skills and feminine voice were freakin Mary Poppins - which is hot to an Aquarian Sun, Gem rising and you didn't want to speak incorrectly in any way.

I suppose you're ready for the BUT just like all of the above responses. It pains me to say this because she was so supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in every other way but ... she had intimacy problems. Many liked her but no one could ever get too close ...:venus: There was a combination lock that begged to be opened - I really thought I had the combination, with everything else we had going. I tried, trust me ... I tried. It didn't make any sense, everything else was perfect, we had so much fun and loved each other's company but when I sought a little reciprocity in different ways, she couldn't express herself.

On the other hand I know another Virgo lady who wants IT, everyday of the week and almost everytime I see her she's got a new BF or is on the prowl again. It's her favorite conversation. If only this girl was a one-man lady I'd have the best of both worlds, the mental and physical. I guess that's just the unfortunate truth with 150 degree relationships, they're slightly "off centre", imbalanced and always in need of fine tuning, ironically it's usually only in one area and every other aspect of the relationship is **** near perfect that it kills you.

I absolutly know what you mean about your lady unable to be intimate or vulnerable...my virgo I think dates douchebags because they won't try to become intimate with her and she can't be hurt emotionally by them...but shes terrified by me who makes her feel...she just runs....virgo sun mars in capricorn venus in scorpio conjunct pluto by 1 degree.... and the venus pluto combination is in the 8th and her sun and mercury in virgo are in the 7th she is a pisces rising plus she has moon in sag conjunct uranus...

pndt

If a virgo loves you you will never know because he will never express. they are secret lovers and if he or she doesn't love you you cannot change them.
Thanks,:devil:

tizer

My personal experience from a Virgo sun was that he expected perfection in his actions and achievements, but was not picky with his surrounds or personal habits. He was extremely loyal and ever reliable. His commitment to our relationship was from day 1, after taking several years to be sure of the partnership. But certainly not one for expressing emotions or love; a 'secret lover' indeed! If commitment, dependability and loyalty is what you want from a partner, you don't need to go further than a Virgo!

Lilystar

Reading about all these takes on Virgo is so interesting, especially with my sun, mercury, venus, and MC in Virgo. I don't have any good friends who are Virgos or earth signs really, so its interesting to read all these comments, and I have to own up to some of them. :pinched:

Most of my friends and people I get along with best are fire and air signs, but there was one guy I went on some casual dates with one who was a Virgo. We got along well, but the one thing that bothered me the most about him was that he could not tell me how he felt about me, even though we both knew that he liked me. I have to admit, I interpret this as a sort of cowardice which I find irritating and unattractive.

I'm with a Sagittarius right now and I try to be extra conscious to not make him feel like I'm limiting his freedom in anyway. I'm learning a lot about how to let go of my worries and go with the flow of things. He does admit that I've caused him to start eating healthier, so I guess I can't deny some of my Virgo influence rubbed off.