Cusp Signs....?

rosebohemia

I always wondered this, for those of us who are born on the cusp (like me, I'm a virgo and a libra) its hard to know what horoscope to read, and it makes is soo much more confusing. How do you know which you relate to? Like, for me, sometimes I feel in certain subjects I'm way more of a virgo than a libra, and visa versa. But in that case, can't I relate to all of the other horoscope signs???
:confused:
just wondering...

Gulshan

rosebohemia said:
I always wondered this, for those of us who are born on the cusp (like me, I'm a virgo and a libra) its hard to know what horoscope to read, and it makes is soo much more confusing. How do you know which you relate to? Like, for me, sometimes I feel in certain subjects I'm way more of a virgo than a libra, and visa versa. But in that case, can't I relate to all of the other horoscope signs???
:confused:
just wondering...

same here... 19 april born... cusp of aries and taurus :D some times i feel both! :D lol!
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited:

Leon

Not to hijack the thread but can other planets be on the cusps or is it solar exclusive? My Mars, Venus, and Uranus are on the early degrees of their signs.

Gulshan

Leon said:
Not to hijack the thread but can other planets be on the cusps or is it solar exclusive? My Mars, Venus, and Uranus are on the early degrees of their signs.

It depends on which side of the cusp the planets are. If a planet is just inside the beginning of a house cusp, this position makes it stronger than anywhere else in the house, and also gives it some dominance over the affairs of that house.
If a planet is at the end of a house, within 3 degrees of the cusp, or 5 degrees if it is an angle (1st, 4th, 7th or 10th), then it is effectively in both houses. It's energies are shaped by the affairs of the house it is in, but it also
influences the affairs of the next house.
________
Vaporite Screen

Last edited:

Leon

Gulshan said:
It depends on which side of the cusp the planets are. If a planet is just inside the beginning of a house cusp, this position makes it stronger than anywhere else in the house, and also gives it some dominance over the affairs of that house.
If a planet is at the end of a house, within 3 degrees of the cusp, or 5 degrees if it is an angle (1st, 4th, 7th or 10th), then it is effectively in both houses. It's energies are shaped by the affairs of the house it is in, but it also
influences the affairs of the next house.
No, no. For example your Sun is either in the end of Aries or the start of Taurus therefore it's on the cusp. If someone had another planet like their Moon at the end of Aries or the start of Taurus would it be on the "cusp" too?:confused:

Gulshan

Leon said:
No, no. For example your Sun is either in the end of Aries or the start of Taurus therefore it's on the cusp. If someone had another planet like their Moon at the end of Aries or the start of Taurus would it be on the "cusp" too?:confused:

Yeah... The Main Point is, whatever sign that planet is in, that is what you are. But you are influenced some what by the other sign of cusp too..
________
Pattaya Heights Condos Prathumnak

Last edited:

Leon

Gulshan said:
Yeah... The Main Point is, whatever sign that planet is in, that is what you are. But you are influenced some what by the other sign of cusp too..
Interesting some Libran and Sagi influences within me then:eek:

waybread

Re: checking out an ephemeris, or the "free charts" page at www.astro.com .Your sun, moon, planets, sensitive chart points, asteroids, and what-have-you will be in one sign or the other. If your sun is at 29 degrees Virgo, it is in Virgo. If your sun is at 0 degrees Libra, it is in Libra. As Olivia noted, because Mercury and Venus are never far from the sun, people often have one or both of them in the adjacent sign. Many people have additional planets in the sign adjacent to their sun, which can "pull" their feelings towards the sign next to their sun.

House cusps are a different matter. There is quite a fudge factor here, as different house systems will give different results. And if the birth time is off, the house cusps will be, too.

Leon

Gulshan said:
do u feel these yourself ? or which traits of sign you guess you have ? or you feel both ?
Not really.

Mars is on the first degree of Scorpio
Venus is on the first degree of Capricorn
Uranus is on the second degree of Capricorn

Sometimes I have a hint of fairness coming out. I like to watch two opposing sides in conflict duke it out for awhile before I commit myself to one end. I want to judge them properly. Only idiots are trigger happy when it comes to siding. Then again I have Scorpio and Capricorn stelliums so it might just be the patience from those.:confused:

astroquest

hey I got a sun cusp at the end of cancer and the start of gemini. When I read the interpretation of both I recognized my self more in gemini than in cancer. Is this because the ruling planet of gemini which is mercury is close to my sun.:68:

Attachments

• Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 26

R4VEN

Leon said:
Sometimes I have a hint of fairness coming out. I like to watch two opposing sides in conflict duke it out for awhile before I commit myself to one end. I want to judge them properly. Only idiots are trigger happy when it comes to siding. Then again I have Scorpio and Capricorn stelliums so it might just be the patience from those.:confused:
A Libran would break up the fight, telling everyone to hug and make up!!

You say, `I want to judge them properly' - this is very Scorpio and Capricorn, especially SCorpio. Both signs have the potential for a lot of judgement of others, particularly whilst a person is young.

And to astroquest, the answer is `Yes'. Any planet close to the sun influences its expression. I have Pluto conj my sun, and I stare at people for perhaps longer than necessary, and some people even find me scary!! I think I'm a pussycat, but I can deliver my fair share of scorpion when required.

waybread

astroquest said:
hey I got a sun cusp at the end of cancer and the start of gemini. When I read the interpretation of both I recognized my self more in gemini than in cancer. Is this because the ruling planet of gemini which is mercury is close to my sun.

Your sun is at the beginning of Cancer, near the end of Gemini. Mercury in Cancer in the 11th rules your sun's house cusp. Your Mercury isn't all that close to your sun (i. e., not conjunct).

If your birth time were off by a little bit, though, you might just have the sun in Gemini.

astroquest

Is it true that on some years my sun sign would be Gemini and other years my sun sign would be Cancer because my birth date and time are so close to be either or. June 21 at 10:18 am.

Attachments

• Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    Andrew Natal chart 2.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 22

waybread

O degrees Cancer means that you were born just at the summer solstice. In some years the solstice might occur on the 20th or 22nd. But not in your birth year!