Convincing sceptics

Little_God

What is the best way of convincing people who don't believe in Astrology that it really does work?

Ixaee

Interpret their chart and watch them squirm in their seats? :lol:

I used to be very concerned about trying to convince others too.... until one day I realized they just weren't worth all of the energy I was putting into them.

If someone doesnt believe, they're welcome to stay in denial..
Eventually they'll have the honor of life (doing what it does best, :wink:)..... and then realize that there's more here than what meets the eye!

Last edited:

dr. farr

What is the best way of convincing people who don't believe in Astrology that it really does work?

After decades of involvement in the astrological field, my sincere advice is:
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME:annoyed:!

Spend it, instead, exploring this vast field with friends who join you in accepting the "astrological proposition"....

juicey J.

Banned
After decades of involvement in the astrological field, my sincere advice is:
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME:annoyed:!

Spend it, instead, exploring this vast field with friends who join you in accepting the "astrological proposition"....

Well doc far your actually wrong there. Skeptics, (actual skeptics) eventually become astrologers pro or amateur themselves. One who doesn't look at astrology from a skeptical and critical mindset has no business studying it let alone practicing it. I do agree with you about "skeptics" I use quotation marks but because a good number if not most of them are bunch of judgment and stubborn @ss clowns (a small hand full I of them I have meet have a fairly high concentration of fixed and/or fire) who pretty much have their minds made up about astrology. Having your mind made up about something and being so sure isn't actual skepticism (which, was originally the idea one can't have absolute certainty)

dr. farr

Having your mind made up about something and being so sure isn't actual skepticism (which, was originally the idea one can't have absolute certainty)

That is exactly correct, and it was that bunch (the "professional skeptics") I was talking about.
To be doubtful about things and not just take them on faith or somebody's authority, is very important for all branches of learning and practice which are not merely mechanistic in nature. That is the attitude I always adopted, and that's what made an eclectic out of me, in astrology, Tarot, homeopathy, and metaphysics.

Mark

I must agree that a professional debunker is nothing like a skeptic. A skeptic just wants information that can be knocked and will stand. A professional debunker believes his job is to debunk and, if he hasn't debunked something, he hasn't done his job. That is a terrible perspective. I have been angered quite a few times by <expletives> like these. I've read stories of reproducible (and ridiculously important!) experiments (some medical, some scientific) that have been debunked by "professionals" sent from publishers. Never mind that the doctors performing the original research (e.g. Fritz Albert Popp) are already several times more qualified than the "professionals" who evaluate them. Never mind that the exact same experiment has already been reproduced by several independent labs around the country. Never mind that this one study could prove homeopathic principles to the scientific world as undeniable fact, revolutionising our medical industry. We have been held back by this very same BS for so long, it would be comical if it weren't so tragic.