Chiron in the 7th house and relationships

Little_God

Wherever Chiron is placed in our charts shows where we are wounded, either physically or psychologically.

I have Chiron in the 7th house and I certainly have great difficulty with relationships (I have Asperger's Syndrome).

I have read that, whereas with Saturn you can work really hard and eventually achieve great success, with Chiron the wounding is chronic and can't be cured, so that the best thing you can do is develop a philosophical attitude.

Could Chiron in the 7th house mean that you could never develop a successful relationship or marriage, and so have to accept that you will always be single? What is your experience of this placement, and what do you think is the best way of living with it, and making the most creative use of its challenges?

sprinthrussfed

your partner may be a teacher to you or you may be a teacher to your partner. feeling of rejection can come through a relationship

someone with chiron in the 7th house on the forum could tell you more and if i am right.

Blackempress

Wherever Chiron is placed in our charts shows where we are wounded, either physically or psychologically.

I have Chiron in the 7th house and I certainly have great difficulty with relationships (I have Asperger's Syndrome).

I have read that, whereas with Saturn you can work really hard and eventually achieve great success, with Chiron the wounding is chronic and can't be cured, so that the best thing you can do is develop a philosophical attitude.

Could Chiron in the 7th house mean that you could never develop a successful relationship or marriage, and so have to accept that you will always be single? What is your experience of this placement, and what do you think is the best way of living with it, and making the most creative use of its challenges?

Chiron deals with emotional wounds & the lessons of life come from the areas that have been affected. It does not lead to barrenness infact quite the contrary. It makes you STRIVE to achieve that portion that you lost. It's the healing region. You haven't posted your chart to let us know what SIGN it is in which also gives you a deeper idea bout the KIND of wound within the house.

But here it means:
In the seventh house, it may indicate a feeling of rejection to do with relationships, maybe the parents split-up or were distant with each other. You may marry early and there may be more than one marriage or close relationship. You are quite empathic and even psychic. There is a need for finding a balance between you and your partner - you are not one person. Find your 'self'.

There are other signifiers of marriage/partnership & the TYPE of relationships that you prefer. For example someone might have a 5th House full & 7th empty meaning that they prefer romances to contracted marriage bonds.

But nevertheless Chiron will teach you alot bout yourself & the pain of others through your relationships. Good luck.

miquar

Hi Little God. It might be useful for you to think about how you experience this placement independently of your Asperger's condition. I say this because obviously not everyone who has this placement has Asperger's Syndrome, and perhaps more significantly because people with Asperger's Syndrome may have Chiron in any of the 12 houses. In other words however you experience your 7th house Chiron, it will reflect how you personally feel wounded in your attempts to build bridges between yourself and others (7th) and various other features of your psyche may come into play through this placement besides the Asperger's condition. I hope that makes sense, and I also hope you don't feel I'm belittling the difficulties that arise for people living with this condition.

Its difficult to say much that's specific to you with only this one placement to go on, but I do think its sometimes very helpful to take one feature of the chart and look at in isolation, so I'll see if I can come up with anything useful.

Chiron, as you say, has to do with feeling wounded, and in a way which is very different to the Saturnian process of 'feeling the fear and doing it anyway' until the fear becomes mastery. And perhaps this is why we are able to feel more compassion for others who share similar Chiron wounds to our own - we know that the person carrying the Chiron wound really can't do anything about it.

Something that fascinates me about the Chiron myth is that in all the versions I have come across, Chiron's wound is inflicted through no fault of his own, and in spite of him being the last person to deserve such a fate. Although he is a centaur, he has managed to become civilised and develop wisdom and skill that any human or god would be proud of. And he receives the incurable wound after he has achieved all this - he doesn't become a healer because he is wounded, but rather he receives a wound in spite of his being a very worthy being.

So with Chiron along side the incurable nature of the wound, we have the unfairness of it. The figure of the centaur can be seen as symbolising the dual nature of the human condition - we are both animal and divine. The divine side of human nature idealises that which humanity could become, but we are always tied to our primal creatureness, which is evident in the acts of brutality which humans are capable of. So 'crushed ideals' I think is an important phrase when dealing with Chiron (I first saw this phrase in a Liz Greene book, though I don't recall which one). So where Chiron is our ideals of how life should be are challenged by the unfair and random events that befall us, and about which we can do very little, or nothing at all.

This can give rise to a sense of bitterness and cynicism, which must eventually be let go of so that a place of acceptance with regard to the wound can be found. It is from this place of acceptance that Chiron's philosophical enquiry can lead to the wisdom and compassion which are the most positive attributes of the Chiron archetype.

So with Chiron in the 7th (thanks for your patience - I got back to your chart in the end!) important questions to ask oneself might be something like, 'How do I feel about feeling wounded in my capacity to connect with 'significant others' in my life? Do I feel resentful or cynical about it? Do I feel like a helpless victim of fate? What do I need to do to make peace with the reality of my situation? Where might I be exaggerating the effects of my wound, making it into a self-fulfilling prophecy?'

The 7th house can colour our approach to life just as the 1st can, although 7th house energies are more likely to be projected. So you might also want to ask yourself where you project Chiron onto others, and how you experience it as part of yourself.

Since Chiron will always be in your 7th house, it will always have a tendency to come out through partnerships of various kinds. This is why it can be a good placement for someone who helps others in some way, or who has a relationship with someone who provides or needs help of some kind. Obviously the possible lack of acceptance discussed above could have very difficult repercussions on a relationship, if one of the people resents needing help, or if they try to ignore their own wounds by focusing on the helping the partner.

Progressions and transits to your natal Chiron, especially from transiting Chiron and especially the hard major aspects, could be times when you can work more productively with Chiron issues. Also Chiron transits to any natal placements, especially Venus, the natural ruler of the 7th house.

I ended up writing more than I intended - hope it wasn't longer than it was helpful!

Best wishes

Ella678

your partner may be a teacher to you or you may be a teacher to your partner. feeling of rejection can come through a relationship

someone with chiron in the 7th house on the forum could tell you more and if i am right.

Hi
I have Chiron in 7th house , I am in 2 marriage for 14 years , and all I can say is this Chiron placement does not help with intimacy ( blocked and very uneasy ) but I also have Saturn in 7th in exact oposition to my Venus in 1 th so I am not sure what exactly cause that both my husbands were/ are emotionally cold and distant , it is so hard but I try to be loyal and keep my family together no matter what ( I have 2 great boys ) . So I think emotional wounds is typical with this Chiron placement , I wish you good luck , we need to be strong 👍

junoisuppose

I just wanted to say that I agree with what Blackempress and Miquar have said - it is spot on. I have a cousin who has chiron in her 7th and she is exactly as they describe - empathic but blending too much with other people - getting angry if the person she is with doesn't like something she likes because that means she shouldn't like it (??), trying to help other people who haven't asked for her help and who then feel belittled and resentful about needing her help. She is in her 40s and has never been married. She has had many relationships but each has ended leaving her feeling hurt. Her longest and most significant relationship was with a man who had been sexually abused as a child, so that is an example of a relationship with someone needing a lot emotional understanding, but he too broke up with her, I'm not sure exactly why. Her parents broke up when she was small and she absolutely hates her father who she sees as having "betrayed" her mother and her family.
I don't know if that really helps with your question.
Perhaps it is just fated that chiron themes of feeling wounded and wanting to heal others will play out over and over in your close relationships and whenever you relate to other people. & like Miquar said you might have to learn how to make peace with the fact that this happens regularly, & that you feel hurt regularly.
If I was to give any advice to my cousin (who I am no longer speaking to in person due to feeling belittled and put down by her) it would be to try not to say hurtful things to other people if she wants them to stick around (I recommend Non-violent Communication) and to ask people if they want her help and advice before she gives it. Again I'm not really sure if that helps you because it might not play out in exactly the same way for you.

Claire19

Chiron as the wounded healer in that others may heal you and you may heal others but not yourself. In the 7th you can counsel others and help them to heal and in that way you are getting some sort of satisfaction. Counselling could also help you deal with relationships. You need to look at the ruler of the 7th and its aspects also. The 7th deals with our long term associations such as a best friend, a business partnership and not to mention maternal grandmother and nieces and nephews. Legalities such as conciliation, mediation and settlements also come under this house as do open enemies or adversaries.

Last edited: