Children = 5th house ruler applying aspects

Kerrie

hermetic said:
I have Jupiter at 5th house cusp, I always read it meant abundance of children, or something

If you have Jupiter in the 5th, the astrologer Carol Rushmans' says that the theory doesnt work and you have MANY kids! hehehe

normak

The book also says that if you have Jupiter in strong connection with the ruler of the 5th you may manifest all aspects of 5th ruler. In this case, I have only two applying aspects to my 5th house ruler (Mercury). Mercury is moving into a sextile with the Moon, and into a semi-sextile with Venus (does this even count?). However, since Mercury aspects Jupiter (sextile 1-2 degree orb), does this count as 5th house ruler "strongly aspecting" Jupiter? Also, I have Mars in the 5th, however, Mercury is separating from a square aspect to Mars. Even though Mars is in my 5th, the fact that Mercury is separating from it means it doesn't count as a potential child, right?

Eliza

The ruler of my 5th is Mars and it's in Capricorn... It's not good, is it? In terms of fertility, does it count that my moon is in Cancer? Because I have heard that women whose Moon are in Water signs are considered fertile...
I attach below my natal chart! How many children do you think I'll have? Does the aspece between my Mars and my Midheaven count?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Eliza_natal.gif
    Eliza_natal.gif
    41.5 KB · Views: 110

mell1990

I don't get it. What should i do if my house is empty?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_melanija.500.21499.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_melanija.500.21499.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Claire19

The ruler of my 5th is the Sun, so I have 5 applying aspects, if I am doing this correctly, using only conjunct, sextile, trine, square and opp and only use applying aspects (aspects the planet makes before it leaves a sign?).

My Sun is at 11'46
1 - squares Neptune @ 20'23
2 - trines Uranus @ 20'59
3 - conjuncts Mercury @ 28'39
4 - sextiles Venus @ 29'07
5 - trines Jupiter @ 29'51

I do wonder if I should take into account the North Node? If I do that is another aspect at 17'29, so that makes 6 aspects.
The prob is that the 5th is so much more than our children. The NN there if it connects to a major planet of our child then it is karmic for sure.
If you can post your chart?? These aspects that you have quoted are all way too wide......The Sun to Neptune is 9 degrees and is weak at best.
Dont use orbs more than 7 degrees even for the sun and the other planets even less. THis is a debated point but in my experience is about right. 5 degrees for the major aspects that you have cited, at most... This is my experience and my opinion. Others may disagree. IF you have no planets in the 5th that is not a major focus for you.

Kerrie

Happy to post my natal chart.

Claire I was referring to a formula in Carol Rushman book about how many children you will have. She used applying aspects from the 5th ruler until it left the sign that it was in, thats why the aspects were so wide :)

After I made this thread I rectified my chart and I am unsure if my 5th house is ruled by Sun or Mercury now. If its Mercury I only have 1 applying aspect and that is to Jupiter! So its either 1 child or 5.

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 96
Happy to post my natal chart.

Claire I was referring to a formula in Carol Rushman book about how many children you will have. She used applying aspects from the 5th ruler until it left the sign that it was in, thats why the aspects were so wide :)

After I made this thread I rectified my chart and I am unsure if my 5th house is ruled by Sun or Mercury now. If its Mercury I only have 1 applying aspect and that is to Jupiter! So its either 1 child or 5.

Kerrie, If you use the modern rules like Carol Rushman AND Equal house (like I use) then it does make 5applying aspects. If you use placidus then virgo/mercury rules 5th and mercury only has one applying asepct to Jupiter. Do you have any children? or are you trying?

The book also says that if you have Jupiter in strong connection with the ruler of the 5th you may manifest all aspects of 5th ruler. In this case, I have only two applying aspects to my 5th house ruler (Mercury). Mercury is moving into a sextile with the Moon, and into a semi-sextile with Venus (does this even count?). However, since Mercury aspects Jupiter (sextile 1-2 degree orb), does this count as 5th house ruler "strongly aspecting" Jupiter? Also, I have Mars in the 5th, however, Mercury is separating from a square aspect to Mars. Even though Mars is in my 5th, the fact that Mercury is separating from it means it doesn't count as a potential child, right?
So even using placidus this seems to suggest further comfort and hope

Mell 1990,
Aquarius/URanus rules your 5th house cusp and is placed 5'57'"Capricorn in 3rd house. So then look (using Carol Rushman's theory) how many aspects Uranus makes before it leaves it's sign. So, it will conj Neptune, then Saturn =2 but if we include quincunx to mars and moon that adds 2more...

according to this I won't have any children :(

5th house ruler is Pluto, at 25 degrees of Libra, with no planet of higher degree anywhere in the chart, so no applying aspects.

but I was wondering, if someone has a knowledge - could traditional rulers be used also?
Then it would be Mars, at 5 degree Sag, applying to Saturn at 22 Libra, Neptune 24 Sag and Pluto 25 Libra - that makes 3...

I have Jupiter at 5th house cusp, I always read it meant abundance of children, or something
I would read any planet in 5th taking precendent over house cusp ruler and take this theory as secondary application. This and marriages is probably the most 'problematic' question in astrology

Just to add oil to water I believe, beinga modern astrologer that 8th house is sex & conception and I have jupiter virgo retro(8th) close trine natally to ruler of 5th Mercury AND mars in Gemini IN 5th.Mars does square Jupiter in 8th natally. I have two sons, one gemini, one Aquarius and one miscarriage between the two. Labour was very quick - mars I think traditional mars in gemini is not meant to be that fertile, so how come I got caught SO quickly age 20, has to be something else....to backup my idea of 8th being conception then --

The eighth house covers sex, death, and other people's resources. Most beginning astrologers question how these areas of life are related, and the explanation offers insight into some of life's most intriguing activities. The lives of others impact our lives on a moment-to-moment basis. Every human interaction engages the mental, emotional, material or spiritual resources of at least one other person. Sexual response and sexual expression form a fundamental area for us to cultivate the spiritual connection with others through the physical connection.”
http://www.llewellyn.com/encyclopedia/article/130
“deepest fears, obsessions, denied dreams, ability to love and care for children, sexual hang ups, obsession/relationship with money, need to exploit others, length and breadth of vanity, secret desire to rule the world, {Or at least, your world and everyone in it} and every religious neurotic tendency you could ever invent, relate to, dispose or crave. According to traditional astrology the 8th house is the precarious domain of sex, death and money. But, it has been my experience that the 8th house goes much deeper than these obvious realities”
http://www.articlesbase.com/astrology-articles/face-the-boogey-man-your-incessant-spectator-mind-and-how-it-works-8th-house-deal-949018.html
“One way to read a birth chart is to start with the Eighth House, where conception begins. During the nine months of pregnancy, the cycle travels from the beginning of the Eighth House to the ascendant, which represents the moment of birth, the baby's first breath”
http://www2.canada.com/topics/lifestyle/astrology/health/pregnancy/index.html

Last edited:

RubyTuesday

There are only 9 planets/luminaries we count in astrology. That means any planet can only have a maximum of 8 aspects applying. There are literally countless people throughout all of history who have had MANY more than 8 children. [deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only 9 planets/luminaries we count in astrology. That means any planet can only have a maximum of 8 aspects applying. There are literally countless people throughout all of history who have had MANY more than 8 children. [deleted attacking comments - Moderator]
Yes, Rushman says that in those cases, usually Jupiter is found in the 5H or strongly aspecting ruler of the 5H:)

Hi :)

I have Mercury at 11 Aqua, Venus at 12 Aqua. Venus is my 5th ruler, Mercury my 7th. Mercury went retrograde about a month after I was born, so it happened to conjunct Venus. I'm not sure if it over took Venus then went retro...

Other than that conjunction to Mercury, Venus only inconjuncts Saturn, but I think it sextiles Mars right at the end of Aqua.

What would this mean? One or two children, or none?

Incidentally, I'd love to know how often that Sun theory works regarding marriage. My Sun aspects nothing at 25 degrees Capricorn, but it is approaching a square to early degree Uranus at 2 degrees Scorp. Coincidentally, my ex has his Sun at 2 degree Scorp.;)

NR
Neptune Rising,

Rushman says that in some cases, the moon can apply to the sun to indicate marriage. I have exactly what you have--a totally unaspected sun. But, my moon in scorpio applies to sextile my sun in virgo before leaving the sign of scorpio. So, if I marry, it will likely only be the one time:)

Humanitarian

I have 2 applying aspects from my natal Venus, my 5th house ruler, and they are:
Venus square MC/IC
Venus quintile Neptune (partile)
So, I'll probably have 2 children, a precursor of a spiritual lineage maybe, since I'll unschool them and teach them spiritual things that not a lot of people can understand.