Chat Thread

conspiracy theorist

Traditionally, that Sun has little to do with your personality. Capricorn, the aspects to your ascendant, the placement of Saturn and its aspects, the Moon's location and it's aspects, and even Mars as exaltation ruler of the ascendant has more to say about your personality than that Sun of yours.

And aspectually, the 1st house ruler dominates the Sun through it's position in the square aspect.

I see your disposition having less to do with that Sun square Saturn, and more to do with the excessive dry and cold nature of your temperament, and the fact that you are naturally Saturnine as a personality.

AppLeo

Traditionally, that Sun has little to do with your personality.

That sun, you mean people who have sun in the 7th house?

Or the sun in general? That's interesting cuz nowadays people see the sun as most important.

Capricorn, the aspects to your ascendant, the placement of Saturn and its aspects, the Moon's location and it's aspects, and even Mars as exaltation ruler of the ascendant has more to say about your personality than that Sun of yours.

And aspectually, the 1st house ruler dominates the Sun through it's position in the square aspect.

I see your disposition having less to do with that Sun square Saturn, and more to do with the excessive dry and cold nature of your temperament, and the fact that you are naturally Saturnine as a personality.

I agree with that. I've always identified more with my ascendant but I thought that was just cuz it was my 1st house cuz 1st house is identity.

But yes, much melancholic. I try to make a conscious effort to be bubbly. Being cold doesn't help you connect with people.

I've always seen the sun was what your incarnated to develop, or how you shine in life, but not necessarily what your personality is.

conspiracy theorist

That sun, you mean people who have sun in the 7th house?

Or the sun in general? That's interesting cuz nowadays people see the sun as most important.

Your sun, and the sun more generally. Even in the temperament technique, the sun is looked at only through the season it happens to be in. So if you have your Sun in Aries, Taurus or Gemini, that adds some sanguine to your temperament - Cancer, Leo, Virgo adds more choler - Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius adds more Melancholy - Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces adds more Phlegm

Your Sun has no attachment to any of the personal points in your chart, which was what I was referring to initially.

If you want to know how the supremacy of the Sun sign came about, you can look up Alan Leo - and yes, he made that name up.

I've always seen the sun was what your incarnated to develop, or how you shine in life, but not necessarily what your personality is.

Yep, the sun definitely speaks to eminence/prominence and being a "luminary". Personally, I'm skeptical of the incarnation angle and I don't think the area of the Sun necessarily is the only place that one can shine, especially where talent is shown elsewhere in the chart. But it is posited that you need strong luminaries in order for you to have the necessary vitality to turn your talents into something actual, so a good Sun is always something that you'd want, regardless.

How has consciously being bubbly worked out for you?

AppLeo

Your sun, and the sun more generally. Even in the temperament technique, the sun is looked at only through the season it happens to be in. So if you have your Sun in Aries, Taurus or Gemini, that adds some sanguine to your temperament - Cancer, Leo, Virgo adds more choler - Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius adds more Melancholy - Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces adds more Phlegm

Ohhhhh

I thought temperament were based on element.
Water - phlegm
Fire - choler
Earth - melan
Air - sanguine

Your Sun has no attachment to any of the personal points in your chart, which was what I was referring to initially.

I see.

If you want to know how the supremacy of the Sun sign came about, you can look up Alan Leo - and yes, he made that name up.

Father of modern astrology. A Leo naming himself after his sun sign. He has a Leo stellium though.

Yep, the sun definitely speaks to eminence/prominence and being a "luminary". Personally, I'm skeptical of the incarnation angle and I don't think the area of the Sun necessarily is the only place that one can shine, especially where talent is shown elsewhere in the chart. But it is posited that you need strong luminaries in order for you to have the necessary vitality to turn your talents into something actual, so a good Sun is always something that you'd want, regardless.

The incarnation is something I've heard. Could be BS.

But having a good sun is important. Sag Sun is really good I think. It may as well be exalted like Aries Sun. I really like my Leo Sun cuz it's domicile.

How has consciously being bubbly worked out for you?

Well, I get better responses from people. And by not taking life so seriously, it makes life easier in a weird ironic way. You would think taking life seriously would make things easier.

conspiracy theorist

Ohhhhh

I thought temperament were based on element.
Water - phlegm
Fire - choler
Earth - melan
Air - sanguine

They correspond to those elements, yes, but when trying to find the temperament of a natal chart, you judge based on the sign of the ascendant, the planet ruling the ascendant, the sign where the planet is located, the moon phase, the sign of the moon and the dispositor of the moon, and the season which the sun is found in. Some people add planets aspecting the ascendant and aspecting the Moon, others don't.

Here's a link for more info on temperament http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temperament.html. If you can spare some change, you might want to pick up the book that the excerpts are from - very good book on what temperament entails and you can add it to your astrological repertoire when it get it down pat.

But having a good sun is important. Sag Sun is really good I think. It may as well be exalted like Aries Sun. I really like my Leo Sun cuz it's domicile.

Yea, my Sun has a lot going for it despite it being in the 12th house/retreating from an angle.

Well, I get better responses from people. And by not taking life so seriously, it makes life easier in a weird ironic way. You would think taking life seriously would make things easier.

They're a bunch of ways you can engage with the world around you, and I've seen where people who aren't quite as serious about life seem to live satisfied lives full of laughter, fun and fulfillment. It's why I don't knock people who may seem more "frivolous" because there is an advantage to living that way, especially if they are able to keep their perspectives on life relatively unchallenged throughout.

Seriousness takes a lot of energy, care, focus and responsibility. It's an approach that a lot of people find daunting.

AppLeo

Will check out article on temperaments.

But from what you’ve told me, I’m mostly melancholic-choleric.

But yeah, the only thing that seems to matter in life is happiness. However you get there doesn’t matter as long as it works for you. If being serious makes you happy then awesome. If frivolousness does, then that’s great.

Alright time for bed :tongue: