Ceramic Astrologers Astrolabe

ptolomy

This is a series of photos of my 'Astrologers Astrolabe':
http://cid-13a5e8fec5fd4c98.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Astrologers Astrolabe^_
Its a device for Astrologers to quickly look at astrological configurations,
Its made from stoneware 'clay' and very tough,built to last a very long time,
I spent a considerable time designing and researching the signs and other tile symbols,some i might change as im not so sure about them now,but thats prototypes.The planets are moveable and so are the house pointers,the glass top revolves and so does the whole top,The bottom is for storage of the planets.

ptolomy

Thank you very much for your praise.
The only thing i would like to change is the Gemini tile,I would be interested to know if any one knows of a more suitable symbol for Gemini,preferably Egyptian or a similar time and zone,I find the Castor and Pollux imagery very limited in symbolic expression.If there was a Castor and Pollux image out there that had more depth and a descriptive image of Gemini i might use it.But 2 men facing each other is a bit limited.I was thinking maybe trying to give one of them a mortal image and the other an immortal image if there was someway of doing this.
Actually i say the "only thing i would like to change is",But in truth,i would like to do a completely new table that was even better,I was thinking of making a more three dimensional version that could show declination of the planets above and below the ecliptic,Even maybe a tilting central main bearing so the table could tilt toward the viewer making it easier to view.
Also i was considering developing the original as a wall mounted tile arrangement(without the base) that could be placed in a building or similar venue as a way of making known the origin and nature of the place,the planets could be permanently fixed to the track tiles so they couldnt be moved,and houses could be marked across the tiles.
Any way,ideas ,ideas, ideas,time will tell.