celebrities and moon in 9th

VENUS

anyone know why so many celebrities have sun or moon in 9th house? just an observation...im assuming because its close to the mideheaven?

Sag Moon

It has to do with popularity .I have also found Uranus and the Nodes to bring about popularity for those having such placements.

It does not need be positive popularity either,but it attracts attention such as one being the life of the party for some reason.

alliewar

hmm.. I have Sagittarius moon in 9th and 10th. I'm not popular. Kind of a loner, I don't really want to be..

Attachments

• BirthChart.gif
    BirthChart.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 66

VENUS

yes alliewar, but your uranus is elevated...(closer to your midheaven) moon in the 9th generally means you will spend lots of time over seas, or live overseas for a period of your life, philisophical etc

wildflowers

This is not something I have come across in celebrities natal charts that I've observed other than Angelina Jolie. but she is also a goodwill ambassador with Mars placed in the 9th as well and a mother of children from other countries :)

What has presented itself to me in what may be considered the "flip side" to moon placement in the 9th house.
My mother, brother-in-law and friend all have this placement (in Leo, Virgo, and Gemini respectively). They have barely left their home towns much less their own country (my mother left the US for the first time to go to Paris with my sister at the age of 66). I wouldn't say these three individuals are celebrities (big fish) or notorious in their respective small ponds either.

Moon placement here can indicate that whatever philosophy, religion or ideals (or lack there of) were imprinted on them in childhood had a great influence on their lives. For good or not, and since we are talking of the flipside, we are talking about the latter.

In other words, the beliefs of CHILDHOOD were internalized by the individual. Being the flip side, the challenge lies in overcoming the (narrow) parochial worldview if not the prejudices of the childhood upbringing in order to embrace the expansion of the 9th house. Bigotry comes to mind, as well as adhering vehemently to the religious upbringing of childhood esp. when some trauma has been involved (needlesstosay, this makes imprinting take a stronger hold).
If the tenents of 9th house are suppressed, the 9th house expansion or change can seek expression in their personal lives manifesting in chaos & drama in their own lives or the lives of those close to them in the insular world they've created for themselves. All with the seemingly ironic placement of moon in the 9th.

VENUS

hey wildflowers,
thats so interesting that your family and friend have that luminary placement, and the "flipside" of the meaning. (especially the gemini moon.) are they all at all religious? i noticed you said "lack of." which moon was that if you dont mind me asking? (just out of curiosity.)

as for some celebrities with luminary placed in 9th, here are some:
scarlett johannson http://famous-relationships.topsynergy.com/Scarlett_Johansson/AstroData.asp
(sorry the links were taking up too much space)
paula abdul
patricia arquette
robert de niro
uma thurman
ingrid bergman

Claire19

Sag Moon said:
It has to do with popularity .I have also found Uranus and the Nodes to bring about popularity for those having such placements.

It does not need be positive popularity either,but it attracts attention such as one being the life of the party for some reason.

Having Uranus conjunct North Node as I do in Gemini it is manifested as studying astrology from home, teaching it and giving advice on the internet for instance...I was rebellious as a child and often felt like the black sheep. I have an unconventional home life and have lived in community situations and in places of quirky and unusual architecture...In later life I live in a close community setting
and still involved with astrology which is the province of Uranus and the 4th house deals with our later life and our final resting place.

Uranus in the 10th can mean being a television, radio personality or a leading scientist or inventor. Any number of things. Uranus can confer a certain magnetism.

Last edited:

Claire19

alliewar said:
hmm.. I have Sagittarius moon in 9th and 10th. I'm not popular. Kind of a loner, I don't really want to be..
I dont know what you mean by 9th and 10th houses?? Cant be both???

However where the moon is is where we are insecure if badly aspected where we have many ups and downs emotionally for instance. Where we pick up the family traits and hereditary matters and where we have unconscious habitual responses. In the 9th means that you can make a home away from your place of birth or that your mother and mother figures such as grandmother, may be of a different race or creed. She may teach at a college, be involved in religious matters or travels a lot.

Last edited:

Claire19

VENUS said:
anyone know why so many celebrities have sun or moon in 9th house? just an observation...im assuming because its close to the mideheaven?

It must be close to the MC. THere must be other aspects in the 10th or affecting it for celebrity or fame. Depending on what house method is used, different placements perhaps. That is the vexed question of astrology and only time and experience can say which one is the most valid. The 9th house is for global matters, promotions, enterpreneurial and publishing and world wide media whcih many actors are involved in for instance. Celebrities are generally known world wide and can have a mass appeal with the Moon in the 9th....

Last edited:

Claire19

VENUS said:
yes alliewar, but your uranus is elevated...(closer to your midheaven) moon in the 9th generally means you will spend lots of time over seas, or live overseas for a period of your life, philisophical etc

Uranus close to MC can indicate some kind of fame or infamy..It is an unconventional influence and can be seen as unstable and erratic. However has to be aspected to other indications for public life. It can be the sign of a professional astrologer, or a scientist or a humanitarian or many other scenarios...Always we need not to make the mistake of taking one aspect in isolation... The whole chart has to be considered and this is what makes astrology complex and accurate.....

Last edited:

piscesascendant

Interesting, alliewar...looking at your chart--although we don't share the same planetary placements, our signs configure to the same dial (meaning, Pisces ascendant, same signs intercepting, etc., down almost to the exact degree--amazing!). Similar outlook on life, I believe. I do have North nord conjunct Neptune (chart ruler) in 9th Sagittarius. Now, I don't really feel like a loner (maybe b/c I have different planetary placements), but I prefer large amounts of solitude, even when I'm with friends. It's not that I don't want to be around friends...simply that even among friends, I feel comfort just being myself rather than comform to any peer pressure. Born 1975, btw, so the peer pressure days have long gone. My moon is in Aquarius, which I've heard is great for staving off the pitfalls of fame (should I earn any).

Take care!

alliewar

Really? So you have a Saggittarius midheavens? Maybe you can help me out and give me some insight on what Saggittarius in that placement is all about, were you a teacher at one point or jumping from career to career, I heard Sagittarius midheavens change career choices a lot.

colien24

I've noticed that a lot of celebs have their sun in the 9th house as well. I find it very interesting how the 9th house is placed in many celebs charts.

piscesascendant

I had typed a beautifully written follow up to alliewar's post just above but then hit a wrong key and lost it. ARGH! Anyways...

colien24... yes, I could see that. I had tried to make that point earlier in another thread, but had failed miserably. What I realize now (from this thread and the "failed" thread was that, depending on the signs and planets involved, what happens in the 9th house can indicate "celebrity" or stardom. I have a mutual reception between my chart ruler of Neptune (in the 9th house in Sagittarius) and my Jupiter (in the 1st house in Pisces conjunct the Ascendant and conjunct Venus in Pisces). I sometimes get stopped by people who swear they know me and it seems to happen in a "starstruck way" although I wouldn't consider myself to necessarily have that look. People seem to freak out when they see me but "can't place it", as opposed to others I've noticed it happen to in a much more subdued way. So, for celebrities who have their whole essence (the Sun) it that house, I can imagine how they must feel very uncomfortable. At least the ones who do their work for the work, rather than for the fame.

Alliewar, no, I'm not a teacher and have never been, but people tell me I look like a professor (higher education of the 9th house, I guess). I haven't switched jobs since out of college (11 years ago), but I do have a lot of interests. I'll give you more on your Moon in Sagittarius in the 9th house soon.

Until then, take care!

alliewar

piscesascendant said:
Alliewar, no, I'm not a teacher and have never been, but people tell me I look like a professor (higher education of the 9th house, I guess). I haven't switched jobs since out of college (11 years ago), but I do have a lot of interests. I'll give you more on your Moon in Sagittarius in the 9th house soon.

Until then, take care!

but shouldnt we have similar career profession likes? Since we both have a Sagittarius midheaven. Can I see your chart? What do you do anyways?

piscesascendant

but shouldnt we have similar career profession likes?

Understandable.... not really sure how to answer that, I guess. I latched on to the discussion since it mentioned about a planet in the 9th, even though the moon is not technically a planet. Thought it might be interesting.

Here's what I read on the moon in Sagittarius (moon in the 9th to follow):
"Wants to feel free to roam. Restless and lacking in continuity. Needs fixed signs to anchor them. Philosophical. Friendly and optimistic. Wants to help others but "forgets." If afflicted to Jupiter, too extravagant. Faults of overdoing, not underdoing. Keen love of sports if aspected to Mars. The gamblers of life. Not apt to have many close friends but many acquaintances. A feeling for religious philosophy but not dogma and creed. Loves to roam. Needs to learn to think before speaking. In a male chart will attract a loving female. Direct and talkative."
--Astrology: A Cosmic Science by Isabel M. Hickey

Moon in the 9th:
"Dreams and visions can be of great significance for this person is able to dream true if Moon is not heavily afflicted. Receptivity toward the superconscious realms. Orthodox in religion if higher octave planets are not strong. Finds their inner philosophy through feelings and devotion to the ideal. Loves to travel. Many journeys. Will have many varied experiences thatenable the personality to build a philosophy of life."
--Astrology: A Cosmic Science

My Neptune in Sagittarius in the 9th, I believe, is best described as: searching, amorphous, nebulous, and the like. Now, this is in mutual reception to my Jupiter in Pisces in the 1st. So what's happening with me here is, Neptune is already nebulous enough, and being placed in the Sagittarius in the 9th makes it even more nebulous... and in mutual reception to expansive Jupiter, makes it more nebulous still.

I've been told by more than one person (who are good at reading people and pride themselves on that) that I am a complete mystery to them. Others have found me to be "too complex" to be read. It's nice for establishing privacy, but when it comes to communicating and small talk would be nice, it's an obstacle in the sense that some people I know seem to have expectations with me and assume that I'll be incapable of small talk. Hurts a little, but I live.

With my last girlfriend, it wasn't an issue because we just "clicked". Although, lol...she did ask me on occasion, "what are you thinking about". I thought women just knew these things, lol.

Below is my chart, as you asked:
Brianschart-1.jpg

VENUS said:
It might be because a 9th-house Moon is actually next to the Midheaven, in a so-called Gauquelin sector and Gauquelin sectors are very important for the career. I mean, it is not necessary to have the planet in question in the 10th house; the 9th-house side of the MC is just as good and influential as its 10th-house side.

Any planet near the Midheaven is in the public eye and tends to be the thing we get noticed for.

Also, the Moon is said to rule "the public". Very apt, I think - and even more so near the Midheaven.

Regards,

Yuliana

alliewar

piscesascendant said:
I've been told by more than one person (who are good at reading people and pride themselves on that) that I am a complete mystery to them. Others have found me to be "too complex" to be read. It's nice for establishing privacy, but when it comes to communicating and small talk would be nice, it's an obstacle in the sense that some people I know seem to have expectations with me and assume that I'll be incapable of small talk. Hurts a little, but I live.

With my last girlfriend, it wasn't an issue because we just "clicked". Although, lol...she did ask me on occasion, "what are you thinking about". I thought women just knew these things, lol.

i think that a lot of what you said has got to do with your stellium in the 12th house, pisces rising helps a bit too.
you have always worked at a bookstore? wow, that does not sound like a sagittarius midheaven. oh well, i have just been stuck in a rut for the past year, i have absolutely no idea what to do career wise, all i know is that it has to be fun, exciting, linked to traveling, and it can not feel like work, not some normal 9 to 5 job, i know im dreaming... haha