Cause of mysterious 'depression'?

kimiko8

Every year since 2007, I fall into a deep 'depressive' state around the months of mid September to November. It is worst during the 1st week of October though.

It is just odd- I feel like I am highly attuned to everything that's going on around me. I will not be able explain why I start crying, or laughing, or feel angry, but these come and go like flashes and I have no clue what triggers them. Because I feel too much, I stay away from people/situations as far as possible. I even try NOT to find the cause, and hope for the thing to pass.
When I do inadvertently find a 'trigger' I just go obsessive over it... A dark mood comes over me, that's all I can say, and usually the matter blows up in everyone's face.

One thing though, these months give me a kind of clarity that I usually don't find in the rest of the year. My creative powers also seem to be at max, and I use that to get things done.
When the time is over, I feel renewed and happy (who wouldn't be,lol)

Before someone asks, yes, I did visit a psychologist for it, it really didn't help much. I'm not looking for a solution, I'm looking for an explanation.

I thought about yearly transits and thought maybe it happens because there is some odd opposition or square happening around that time every year, but I really don't see it. Then I wondered is this something that is actually started happening from 2007 because some planet moved somewhere then, but gets enforced every year at that time for whatever reason.

I'm not sure what charts I should put up, but if anyone can help, I'll be glad to provide the charts.

Could it perhaps be seasonal depression?

I don't know how this may be related to Astrology, but Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a condition that usually pops up throughout late autumn and winter. They say it's most likely caused by having less sunlight—and cold weather makes most people moody if you ask me.

Ann Wilson

I knew someone who became depressed every year during the holidays. When I asked him what he thought could be the reason, he said: I know one day in the future it will be Christmas and my parents will have passed on. At this thought, he became very sad. (He had wonderful parents). I looked at his chart and didn't immediately see a reason for his holiday sadness. But then I noticed that the sun, mercury and Venus would transit his eight house of death during the holiday season. So sometimes it's the inner planets transiting the same place every year. I also agree that seasonal affective disorder can cause depression, especially if you live in the northern latitudes.

Neptunian Rainbow

Sounds like the story about the asteroid Persephone. She spends half of the year in the underworld and half of the year above the surface of earth.

Whenever we go deep into ourselves we are more connected to the subconscious part of ourselves. It´s like a dark room within us where we stuffed every emotion that we could not deal with when we grew up and every part of our personality which others didn´t seem to like. When we dive deep we are more connected both to our inner wounds and our inner creativity, inspiration, intuition and our connection to everything. Being present with emotions and expressing emotions creatively somehow helps you to process and let go. People who never travel below the surface does not evolve as much as the ones who do.

Post your transits (from special charts at astro.com) or your birth data if you want someone to look at it. If there are reoccurring transits it might be interesting for you to read about them and know more about what is happening within you.

kimiko8

Sounds like the story about the asteroid Persephone. She spends half of the year in the underworld and half of the year above the surface of earth.

Whenever we go deep into ourselves we are more connected to the subconscious part of ourselves. It´s like a dark room within us where we stuffed every emotion that we could not deal with when we grew up and every part of our personality which others didn´t seem to like. When we dive deep we are more connected both to our inner wounds and our inner creativity, inspiration, intuition and our connection to everything. Being present with emotions and expressing emotions creatively somehow helps you to process and let go. People who never travel below the surface does not evolve as much as the ones who do.

Post your transits (from special charts at astro.com) or your birth data if you want someone to look at it. If there are reoccurring transits it might be interesting for you to read about them and know more about what is happening within you.

Do you mean the transits during the September-October period of different years?

(for some reason I didn't get notified when you all replied to my thread. Sorry and thank you!)

muchacho

Post your chart, it may have something to do with your Sun transiting some sensitive points or planets every year around the same time.

kimiko8

Post your natal chart:biggrin:

I will, but as I said, I think I need to put up transit charts of November over a couple of years as well, since it seems to happen then specifically.
About SAD- I live in a tropical, sunny place. November is sunny and hot for us :D- so I don't think it's the lack of sunlight.

Last edited: