Catastrophic Accident

baker

HI! So, I'm gonna throw this one out there, cause I don't see the accident and the surrounding events in the chart, but really haven't looked at them medically a lot before. Any insight, now for recovery especially, would be greatly appreciated. But I would like to see the accident.

Deb was born 11/22/33 (no time) at Manchester, NH, USA. I have looked at her chart, but I don't know, maybe the Neptune crossing the asc? At any rate, I find 11, 22, 33 interesting re her birth date, that's kinda cool. She's okay, not really okay, but she's alive and in the hospital, probably for a very long time.

Dear Friends,
First, please excuse this impersonal way of communicating and excuse repetition as I've just added friends whose emails I've located in the confusion of these events. Briefly: Deborah fell down a flight of steep stairs on Wednesday July 27 around midnight during a fierce thunderstorm and power outage. She could have been killed; she could have been paralyzed. She was seriously injured. First she was taken by ambulance to Ellsworth ER, then transferred to ER at Eastern Maine Medical in Bangor. They moved her by helicopter on Thursday afternoon to Brigham and Women's in Boston for back surgery on Friday morning. She has 6 major fractures: one on the left cheek, two on the neck, two on the back, and one on the left wrist. A specialty neurosurgical team performed the surgery on the back because that injury was seriously compromising the central nervous cord. When they got in they found two additional fractures in the back and fused vertebrae T4-T11. The surgery apparently was very successful. Deborah's doctor in Blue Hill, Virginia Biddle (retired), has been monitoring the situation for us.

Deborah is now recovering at BWH; we're not certain how long she'll be there before being transferred back to inpatient rehabilitation, most likely at Eastern Maine. She has been fitted with an upper body brace with neck restraint to protect both the back injury and the inoperable bruising condition caused by the trauma to the neck. The neck trauma has caused weakness in the hands and arms and a severe reduction in small motor skills. This injury is especially traumatic to a sculptor and the psychological repercussions will be complex. The brace was worn for the first time yesterday and the xray indicated that it fit well. For the rest of this week Deborah will be working with the physical therapists preparing for her transfer to Rehab in Maine. She'll be transferred by ambulance when the medical team gives the ok. Unfortunately, Deborah has had adverse reaction to some of the drugs she's been given and has had a set-back, but we're still aiming for transfer by the end of the week.

K

kunga

Hi Baker I am very sorry for your friend, it sounds like an awful experience. To be of any help we must have the ascendant otherwise we are speculating but I am still tempted to give a look. A bit of confusion also -I dont think you gave the location of accident unless it was manchester nh? And not to be nitpicky but by "around midnight " do you mean close to 00 hr on the 27th or 28th of june? We know there was a transit mars in square to transit saturn that date. Mars being accident and saturn being bones. The transit may have aspected her asc which is unknown and that would be my first most obvious guess. Especially since there is nothing greatly impacting a natal which I calculated for a general idea of 12 noon. However there is transit saturn inconjunct natal mars and transit mars inconjunct natal sun. Most interesting to note that mars is in aires whose body part is the head and face AND saturn in leo -leo body part is the back. Also if she had an early birth time on that date she may have transit saturn opposing her moon right now which signifies the bad experience.

K

kunga

I just reread and realised the accident was in Maine I think? Anyway the more I look at this the more I wish I knew her asc. Then we could also suggest some alternative therapies to augment healing as she had reaction to the meds ( a neptune issue} it worries me that this is far too unpleasant. Keep us updated and all best wishes.

baker

KUNGA!!!! You are awesome 8) , that was such a nice relief to read your posts on this, you do not know how much all of us here appreciate it. She is still struggling with meds, I can't say which one in particular, she's in another state, which does make it harder on us. We are researching, trying to find the birth time, I was reluctant to post without it, but until we can ask her or someone else in the family knows, we're stuck. But my friend and I cannot thank you enough. And I will keep everybody up to date. The patient is such a talented sculptor, she has two pieces in the Smithsonian! An awesome lady.

But we did find out the accident occured in Hancock, Maine, USA. Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks :D

I think, correct me if I am wrong, that there's a Jupter return there, and that will help the recovery period?