case study

Emily56

Hi,

Theoretically, in a situation like the one in the attachment below, lets say the house positions are perfect. Lets say the sun and mars right in the 7th house and venus and mercury in the 5th. However, venus and mars planets don't actually form aspects to eachother although in compatible signs. Would this pairing seem like the right relationship to be in but there is not enough "fuel" in reality?

Attachments

• astro_61gw_emily56_rogerio.67433.245700.png
    astro_61gw_emily56_rogerio.67433.245700.png
    68 KB · Views: 31

waybread

Emily, in synastry, I think at best the houses say something about how we show up for the other person.

Houses all have multiple meanings. The 7th house is about marriage or comparable committed relationships, but it also rules open enemies and litigation-- which says something about the divorce rate!

I look for paired suns sextiled or trined; moons conjunct, sextiled, or trined; and the quality of Venus-Mars inter-aspects.

Jupiter is a "feel good" planet, and Mercury is helpful for communication. Then check for harmonious inter-aspects between these planets and the ascendants.

One thing you might do is a composite chart. There are several kinds. I use the midpoint composite method. It shows the nature of your relationship as a couple; vs. a synastry chart which shows two separate individuals.

waybread

Yes, because a real, lasting relationship is based on other important factors, such as mutual respect, genuine affection, and emotional compatibility.

A couple might have amazing sexual chemistry, yet not actually like each other very much as individuals.

Some astrologers would look at additional Mars-Venus factors, like midpoints or aspects from other planets.

You might also post a midpoint composite chart, which shows the identity of a relationship: i.e., the couple as a couple, vs. as two separate individuals.