Career suggestions for one starting out

wintersprite1

Premium Member
My daughter is about to turn 16. I have avoided looking at the kid's charts over the years, feeling I would be meddling.... and just need to let them grow up to be their selves. She asked if I would post this so that she can get a better idea about the areas she might succeed.

She is very dynamic with a flair for melodrama (5th house Leo). I do see Saturn (10 house ruler) nice:pinched: and retrograde and intercepted in the 12th. On transits, I will breath a sigh of relief when Uranus finally moves out of her 12th, but it will be crossing her ascendant just as she starts her career life. She has the looks expected with Libra Moon and Venus... and her Leo Sun... and she has the Arian rising that has Mars in Gemini in the 3rd.... don't argue with her you will never win and your hair will straighten out after the bad language assault. That direct forceful speaking and manner of head down and just do it attitude, others have suggested the military would be good for her. Her Sabian for her Sun is " a house boat party" and that sums up her "girls just want to have fun" attitude about life. I can see her being anything she sets her mind to or more so, anything she really enjoys.

TK

Attachments

• ry's chart.gif
    ry's chart.gif
    52 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
with moon in libra for human relations and while venus is in libra, jupiter of the 9th house for higher learning joining the moon in the 7th - wonder whether has flair for human resources management - has sun/mercury in the 5th indicating a creative brilliant mind. jupiter/moon combine also gives victory over the opponents and is considered a kingly combination. ascendant lord mars is in gemini in the 3rd house showing initiative and enterprise and the aggression. uranus/neptune in the 10th could indicate a need for independence and imagination on the job. saturn lord of the 10th is in the 12th house pisces suggestive of isolation - places like hospitals, hotels.
pars fortuna is in the 11th house for gains/friendhships/group work.

maybe she could be administrator in hospital services, hotel management or the like or jail services taking an independent lead in the function. could study business administration/public administration.

currently saturn is transiting the 7th house or business administration remaining there for another two years. jupiter is over the natal saturn in the 12th in pisces and could be inclined towards social service. jupiter soon moves to the ascendant aries lighting up the chart aspecting the sun/mercury, jupiter/moon/venus and the 9th house saggitarius for romance/relationships/higher learning and luck for a year.

transit north node is over the 10th house over uranus/neptune aggravating the tendencies while ketu is over the 4th causing a sense of isolation at heart - to continue another 10 months or so.

hope this helps with something to pick up from suggestively,

regards,

kshantaram

EJ53

Banned
if we use Noel Tyl's "Mid-heaven Extension" process, TK.....The 10th house (modern) ruler dispositorship is :-

1. Saturn/12 -> Neptune/10 (in mutual reception)
2. Saturn/12 -> Jupiter/7 -> Pluto/8 (in own sign)
3. Saturn/12 -> Jupiter/7 -> Mars/3 -> Mercury/5 -> Sun/5 (in own sign)

So, the ideal career would combine all of these......and an "acceptable" career can be found by combining the planets/houses of any one of the dispositor chains...

...For example, devoted to duty (Saturn/12th)...vocational career (Neptune/10th)...shared beliefs (Jupiter/7th)...intensely inquisitive (Pluto/8th)...honest communicator (Mars/3rd)...rapport with children (Mercury/5th)...and creative (Sun/5th)...

So, the military doesn't quite fit.....But, add in the Moon in Libra/7th (which gives a strong need for a partner)...and a career in the Police Force might be ideal.

EJ:)

waybread

With her sun/Mercury in Leo in the 5th house, this girl really needs to be center-stage, preferably with an adoring audience. "Girls just want to have fun" sounds about right...as a first cut.

Her sun squares both Pluto and her NN of personal growth in Scorpio in the 8th. She is constantly being challenged to reinvent herself in very profound ways. Even in ways that plumb the depths of humanity. She will need a job that will allow her to do that.

Her mouth may relate to Mars in the 3rd accentuating Pluto square Mercury, though it's wide. Uranus/Neptune square moon looks like a formula for emotional upsets, and perhaps unreality about her own emotions.

She needs to learn that her thoughts and feelings are her own, but that it is unacceptable to demean people's dignity through her words. Few supervisors or professors will tolerate an employee or student cussing them out, for example; and most large organizations have codes that prohibit abusive language in the workplace.

Emotionally, she is extremely BF/partner/spouse-oriented, whether or not she has a BF now. That strong Venus in Libra on her DC should be a huge attractant, and she will learn how to use it, if she doesn't already. She might feel best working with a partner in her work, but with Juno in the mix, I think this will more be her SO.

But Saturn ruling the MC in Pisces in the 12th would seem to suggest internal alienation, and in mutual receptivity with Neptune in the 10th [as EJ noted] this will be an energy for her to develop in her career. She probably has innate administrative skill, including the ability to dedicate it to people who are shut-in or misfortunate in some way (12th chord).

With Aries rising and Mars trining Jupiter, the planet of long-distance travel, the military would not be a bad beginning for your daughter. Many young people enlist, learn a skill and acquire some education benefits, then move on. She will really have to have a sense of self-discipline to succeed at it, however.

I could also see her teaching kids who have gotten into trouble, or in an "alternative" high school. A Leo/Mercury combo in the house of children, coupled with her Capricorn MC, would probably make her a good disciplinarian for kids who have had too little structure in their lives. This would also pull in her 8th house placements, and draw on her innate toughness. Teaching is a good job for people with acting talent who are not headed for Hollywood or Broadway.

Several western states have privately run wilderness recreation and "boys' ranch" programs for troubled teens and they hire summer staff. Or she might volunteer for a youth program closer to home. These activities now would give her a sense of what careers in these fields might be like.

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Hi everyone, sorry for taking so long to get back with you. My daughter and I spent time going over each posting. She has always been impressed with how well horary works, and now is in awe of all of you and Astrology again because all of the answers rang correct for her. She does extend a warm heart felt thank you for the time that each of you have spent on her.

Kshantaram,
Hello first of all, I don't think our paths have crossed before. Human Resources was a passing thought of hers. She is very good at summing up someone's personality on a first meeting. But, she knows she has a weakness for those she feels sorry for and it would not work out for a companies interest. You are right about the enterprising side with Mars. Before I quit smoking (yay, it is over a year) she was apparently stealing a cigarette here and there and then selling them out her window for a huge profit, to her friends. She always seems ready to create a scheme. Hospital work is a likely hood, as you see later Waybread pointed out Xrays. This kid would love to do ultrasounds all day or be in the ob/gyn field. Hotels are yet another option she was tossing around. Working as a bartender (I used to and she saw the fun involved) or maybe a physical therapist in a spa or a resort. The romance you see coming up is a concern, she is one of those that loves to be in love... I am hoping she will apply her over abundant loyalty to herself and a career choice. This was extremely beneficial. Thank you for your time and expertise Kshantaram, and glad to meet you.

Hello EJ,

This has been most helpful how you broke down dispositorship to find a leaning. Neptune and Saturn in MR is paramount I think. Personally, I look at this kid and think, this is another Carol Burnett or Lucille Ball. I can see her on stage easily and the kid has an incredible voice to go with all of the "drama" Pluto in the 8th is where I think she is wanting to get in to the ob/gyn field and xrays. It is a deep passion of hers, but only in spurts. I don't know if it would work as an everyday.... unless it was party all the time of being of work. She does love children dearly, but her vocabulary isn't on par with a career there. The appeal with the military, is one she has a "gang" mentality, and the army is one big loyal to each other gang. And yes I do see her need for a strong partner, at least a loyal one. Back to the Neptune MR with Saturn, the field of bar tending or working "psychic" (she is top notch at that too) telephone lines, or even her love of water, be it swimming, aquarium tending, or hour long bubble bathes. I guess Navy is an option too. Thank you EJ, not only did we give my daughter options, we also taught her ole mom a new trick.

Hello Waybread! I am thrilled to see you respond, you have always been so very thorough. With the Merc and Sun in the 5th.... life has to be fun or she will wonder off. And as you pointed out, that is really on the surface, as there is more depth. When I read out loud to her where you mention a need to reinvent herself, she giggled. She delves into worlds and transforms. I have had the most awful time with her when she decided to join a gang. It was bad and I am surprised she is still alive. Then she decides, done with that, what is next... while I am still reeling and removing spray paint from my car. It seems for years it was a spiral toward a dark center, now her metamorphoses are more positive and mature. The down side is that it correlates with who ever the current boyfriend is. You did nail that. This one had her first boyfriend in preschool. The boy's mom thought it was cute and would pick her up so they could go have pizza. And it never stopped from there. I don't remember a time without a boyfriend or at least a crush on her end. I sometimes wonder when all is said in done, will her spouse be her career? I hope not exclusively, as this one has very serious talent and a lot to offer the world. On the need to learn not to be demeaning.... we are all going to counciling on that, to better communicate in an acceptable way. The mention again of Saturn and Neptune I believe to be a theme through her life and career. She had to spend a few weeks in a "girls camp" and is in love with the idea of going back as a councilor. She is fascinated that I had foster children before her birth and wants to do the same. She is open to working in Psychiatric settings. And she has the most awesome gift of connecting with people with Autism. It is like she enters their world. Teaching as you pointed out, is something she enjoys doing, but quickly gets distracted. She does need to be on stage, the question is what stage. Thank You Waybread!

After reading it all and sleeping on it she is back to she wants to be a cosmetologist. We have a Toni and Guy's up the street (world class British salon school) and she can get in and out in less than 2 years. It will pay the bills if she charts for a different destination. I think it is appropriate to the Saturn Neptune MR, work made out of illusions. She could be a make up artist in Holly wood to a reconstruction artist in a funeral home... and that would satisfy that 8th house too. Come back in a few years and I will update what she decided and did in fact end up doing. And a big thank you for not point out the Moon square Uranus/Neptune......It was a rough childhood. And thanks for not pointing out the obvious, she could be Bonnie writing love notes from her cell to Clyde.

TK

RockFish

Okay, I didn't read the other responses so that I was no influenced:

Career is capricorn, Saturn in the 12th in Pisces, at first I'd say medicine, nursery, things to do with health, etc. But, since Pisces and Virgo are intercepted, perhaps it's not an apparent vocation, and also, the rest of the chart points clearly to creative work, so I guess this Saturn in Pisces is actually speaking of a different thing, perhaps a secret occupation, secret connections, etc. I don't know. :biggrin:

More obvious is the talent for theater, Sun in the 5th, cusp of the 6th in Leo, definitely some kind of connection to theater, with mercury around I think of writing scripts, also because ruler of the ascendant is in the 3rd, so there is a good chance she'll excell in communications.

With Moon in Libra 7th house in trine with Mars and sextile with Sun, I'd say she would benefit immensely from partnerships with other creative people, definitely not a loner there. Venus in LIbra in DC also point to that, so, I think she'll have a lot of people around her. Her 2nd house is Taurus, Venus is in the cusp of 7th, she makes money with partnerships as well.