Burning during sleep paralysis

Laineydreamer21

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

I'll pass on the drug suggestions but why do you say "anything but sleep paralysis"? The tone sounds foreboding.

Foreboding because.. Don't you think it's scary?? My whole life practically so far I've dreaded sleep because of stuff like this. The last few years I manage to block out most of it, but I hate sleep paralysis. I Wouldn't Medicate for it though.
I tried yoga and more meditation but that only made everything worse.

Laineydreamer21

I've been getting paralysis since I was 5 so I'm pretty much used to it by now. The burning started happening when I turned 15, that's more sporadic but I'm slowly getting used to that too. I guess when I hit 25 I'll start to levitate during paralysis.

Maybe as sweetpea says it could have something to do with activating your kundalini.. I read somewhere (trying to remember) experiencing high volumes of sexual energy build up can feel like you're burning up, the body hasn't adjusted to the energy level yet and gets overstimulated?! I agree with sweetpea check out kundalini

conspiracy theorist

Foreboding because.. Don't you think it's scary?? My whole life practically so far I've dreaded sleep because of stuff like this. The last few years I manage to block out most of it, but I hate sleep paralysis. I Wouldn't Medicate for it though.
I tried yoga and more meditation but that only made everything worse.

I've past the point of finding it concerning to now actively investigating it. These days, whenever I "remember my plan" during paralysis, I try to observe and figure out what exactly is happening. One time when I was experiencing the burning paralysis, I tried to "force" myself out of it. I recall thinking I was successful a few times, and was travelling around the dark house until a moment later I'd find myself still paralysed and trying to get out of it. When I did finally wake up, my insides felt burnt up and I had a splitting headache.

It has become more common for me to think I've "liberated" myself when I'm still paralysed. I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to convey.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Maybe as sweetpea says it could have something to do with activating your kundalini.. I read somewhere (trying to remember) experiencing high volumes of sexual energy build up can feel like you're burning up, the body hasn't adjusted to the energy level yet and gets overstimulated?! I agree with sweetpea check out kundalini

I've experienced extreme sexual build up before and I'm thinking these are 2 different sensations altogether.

Laineydreamer21

I've past the point of finding it concerning to now actively investigating it. These days, whenever I "remember my plan" during paralysis, I try to observe and figure out what exactly is happening. One time when I was experiencing the burning paralysis, I tried to "force" myself out of it. I recall thinking I was successful a few times, and was travelling around the dark house until a moment later I'd find myself still paralysed and trying to get out of it. When I did finally wake up, my insides felt burnt up and I had a splitting headache.

It has become more common for me to think I've "liberated" myself when I'm still paralysed. I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying to convey.

It is mentioned in articles about sleep paralysis, the burning sensations. Some believe its hallucination which is common with SP and some think it's to do with the neurotransmitters going into hypervigilant mode. Sorry I couldn't help, hope you figure it out 😊

conspiracy theorist

When you were in training as an athlete, was it less of a problem?

It happened less when I was younger. The instances when it occurs are becoming more frequent. An important piece of information is that I am currently doing an intense meditation "programme" so the possibility that it is kundalini related is decent.

Laineydreamer21

It happened less when I was younger. The instances when it occurs are becoming more frequent. An important piece of information is that I am currently doing an intense meditation "programme" so the possibility that it is kundalini related is decent.

Well that is important information. Rising kundalini can feel burning and painful, it passes, the body has to adjust. Do you find yourself more psychic/In tune? More energetic? It's very possibly just growing pains of awakening your kundalini! How exciting for you 😊

enigmaticstatic

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

I'll pass on the drug suggestions but why do you say "anything but sleep paralysis"? The tone sounds foreboding.
I'm fortunate to have never experienced it. No one I know that has was ever happy about it as it progresses or gets worse. Sense it happens to the males in my family I watched a terrifying documentary called the nightmare (I think that's the title). I'm glad it doesn't happen to me after hearing what my brother and those people in the documentary go through. If you look up hag ridden or the hag it's so creepy. I find it creepy because it is universal and people have experienced it in all cultures through history.

conspiracy theorist

Well that is important information. Rising kundalini can feel burning and painful, it passes, the body has to adjust. Do you find yourself more psychic/In tune? More energetic? It's very possibly just growing pains of awakening your kundalini! How exciting for you 😊

Heh, how exciting eh? I guess I wasn't paying to much attention to the kundalini crowd (It's not called kundalini in the system I'm practicing) so I would never had connected its rising to my paralysis condition. I also recently experienced an excruciating pain in my chest during meditation, which was hot and piercing. Fortunately I persevered and it ended up being a very productive session.

The changes thus far have been more subtle but yeah I can generally say that I've become more aware of "energy".