Burning during sleep paralysis

conspiracy theorist

The feeling that your body is on fire whilst paralysed in the middle of wakefulness and sleep; what does the spiritual experts say?

Bunraku

I remember my cousin, when we were sharing bedrooms back in the day when I was in the middle of no where, always trying to scare me with some saying/proverb, passed down from who knows where, saying that the burning feeling during night time and during sleep means you’re going to burn in hell. The fact that they’d have sayings about these is interesting enough. Well, read it as if a fundamentalist is saying it, then maybe it would make more sense for you to see where she’s coming from. :whistling:

conspiracy theorist

I've thought about that as a possible explanation; that there is some part of me in hell burning and I catch a glimpse of it because I frequently manage to regain consciousness before my body is fully awake. Another possible explanation is that this is state of my "astral body" as I have Mars conjunct a fire ascendant in a fire heavy chart.

Interesting to me was how it went manifested last night. At the time I was just paralyzed and was about to do a forceful breath that usually get's me out of paralysis quickly. Just as I was about to do it, I noted that it was about 3ish and the Moon was waning/pretty much dying (which is said to be the time when "dark" forces are strongest) and in Scorpio, which I see as a heavy enough atmosphere for a being to gain some strength. Anyway, I became paralyzed before I could breathe and immediately I felt the intense burning. After trying to force myself out of it to no avail I called a certain deities name twice and I heard a faint scream followed by me regaining movement in my body.

Dunno what the "significance" of all of that was, but I'm willing to hear what some of our friends in the spiritual realm have to say about it.

Laineydreamer21

That's very interesting because I had my first bout of sleep paralysis in a long time on the night before Halloween also. I wonder was there something going on spiritually/energetically that night?! Because I hadn't had it in a while it was hard to get out of too.. I was in it after a bad dream and couldn't move, before I could get conscious I went back to the start of the same bad dream.. 🙄
Used to get it often and it was horrible because it felt like there was someone there while I was paralysed. Shadows. Nobody I know gets sleep paralysis, many people here experience it??

david starling

That's very interesting because I had my first bout of sleep paralysis in a long time on the night before Halloween also. I wonder was there something going on spiritually/energetically that night?! Because I hadn't had it in a while it was hard to get out of too.. I was in it after a bad dream and couldn't move, before I could get conscious I went back to the start of the same bad dream.. 🙄
Used to get it often and it was horrible because it felt like there was someone there while I was paralysed. Shadows. Nobody I know gets sleep paralysis, many people here experience it??

The two times I was unable to move in a dream, I woke up tangled in the blankets, and my arms and legs were physically restrained. C.t., are you claustrophobic? The burning could have been "Fire-sign overload"!

conspiracy theorist

I've been getting paralysis since I was 5 so I'm pretty much used to it by now. The burning started happening when I turned 15, that's more sporadic but I'm slowly getting used to that too. I guess when I hit 25 I'll start to levitate during paralysis.

enigmaticstatic

My son gets sleep paralysis, with night terrors and so does my brother. With my sons night terrors he screams, it's so loud and doesn't even sound like his voice. He doesn't remember it when he wakes up. but with sleep paralysis sometimes sees spider creatures that are enormous and other stuff.
My brother who is in his 30s gets choked by a scary old bag lady with long arms and fingers. He can't scream or move. Sometimes she says stuff to him. He never says what and rarely even speaks of it. It's called being hag ridden. Pretty creepy stuff.
In my psych Class my book said sleep paralysis is getting stuck in stage four sleep. it's not common for adults to get stuck in stage four. I would suggest you find ways to stay out of it. Sleeping pills, lorazapam anything but sleep paralysis

conspiracy theorist

My son gets sleep paralysis, with night terrors and so does my brother. With my sons night terrors he screams, it's so loud and doesn't even sound like his voice. He doesn't remember it when he wakes up. but with sleep paralysis sometimes sees spider creatures that are enormous and other stuff.
My brother who is in his 30s gets choked by a scary old bag lady with long arms and fingers. He can't scream or move. Sometimes she says stuff to him. He never says what and rarely even speaks of it. It's called being hag ridden. Pretty creepy stuff.
In my psych Class my book said sleep paralysis is getting stuck in stage four sleep. it's not common for adults to get stuck in stage four. I would suggest you find ways to stay out of it. Sleeping pills, lorazapam anything but sleep paralysis

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

I'll pass on the drug suggestions but why do you say "anything but sleep paralysis"? The tone sounds foreboding.