Beyonce Knowles ascendant

queenfluff

She is a Scorpio Rising in my book. I don't look like the typical Scorpio Rising either but I am. My face is more round than squared. So variation should be allowed for.

The grace and elegance of dress that many of you are saying Libra, in my opinion, is Virgo Sun. The Virgo Sun adds some grace and a bit of a more classical flair to her style. Virgos are rarely gaudy.

She has a powerful presence. Look at Diana Ross. Same thing. There is alot more to a Scorpio Rising than just face shape and coloring.

serafin5

I agree with Queenfluff. I have an oval face shape and a Scorpio Rising. As a matter of fact I dont match any descriptions (physical) of how a ScorpAsc should LOOK like. Beyonce reminds me of the old saying 'iron fist in the velvet glove'; she's got a lot of class so she's not in 'in your face' about it (Virgo/Libra influence).

Here's another weird Asc if there ever was one: Madonna with Virgo Rising!?!?!? Yeah right, when pigs fly!! Aquarius Asc all the way!!!

Mis dos centavos, Serafin5:tongue:

queenfluff

I agree with Queenfluff. I have an oval face shape and a Scorpio Rising. As a matter of fact I dont match any descriptions (physical) of how a ScorpAsc should LOOK like. Beyonce reminds me of the old saying 'iron fist in the velvet glove'; she's got a lot of class so she's not in 'in your face' about it (Virgo/Libra influence).

Here's another weird Asc if there ever was one: Madonna with Virgo Rising!?!?!? Yeah right, when pigs fly!! Aquarius Asc all the way!!!

Mis dos centavos, Serafin5:tongue:

I was surprised at Madonna's Rising sign too! She has a bunch of planets in her first house though - one being Pluto! I think that might explain some stuff! Although, she is a perfectionist in her craft - like Michael Jackson who is a Virgo Sun.

She has a bunch of conjunctions that might explain her persona.

Sun is conjunct to Uranus and Pluto. Pluto is conjunct her Ascendant. With a Leo Sun that would explain alot! Mercury and Moon are also conjunct her ascendant so alot of other others goes into that Virgo Ascendant.

Beyonce also has planets conjunct her asc - Moon and Uranus - that would modify her Scorpio Rising. Those conjuncts to the ascendant are important to consider I think

Another good example of a Scorpio Rising who doesn't have the typical face shape is Nicole Kidman. She is not dark either but she has the eyes. :wink:

serafin5

If Im not mistaking, Queenfluff, I could swear most of Madonnas planets fall in the 12thH! That was really the clincher for me too because what part of Madonnas life is 12thH??? Also, I saw an interview of her a while back and she specifically said AquaAsc: The time of birth as listed by Astrotheme is about 7am I think (???) anyway if you use that same time only using PM it DOES come out to AquaAsc!

God Bless!
Serafin5

savanna

If Im not mistaking, Queenfluff, I could swear most of Madonnas planets fall in the 12thH! That was really the clincher for me too because what part of Madonnas life is 12thH??? Also, I saw an interview of her a while back and she specifically said AquaAsc: The time of birth as listed by Astrotheme is about 7am I think (???) anyway if you use that same time only using PM it DOES come out to AquaAsc!

God Bless!
Serafin5

Yep! I did Madonna's chart for 7:05 pm and I felt like it was accurate. I mean, I definitely trust Madonna herself over some Astrology sites, so I believe she has an Aquarius ascendant too.

SecretGarden

Yep! I did Madonna's chart for 7:05 pm and I felt like it was accurate. I mean, I definitely trust Madonna herself over some Astrology sites, so I believe she has an Aquarius ascendant too.

Madonna may have been mistaken or may wish she's an Aquarius rising, but she's a Virgo rising.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Madonna

It has been confirmed time and time again by several different sources! And it makes a lot of sense for the Sun to be in the 12th, as she is very spiritual.

I think Beyonce is a Scorpio Ascendant, moon conjunct ascendant. She already has 5 planets in Libra, which would give the cardinal quality in her looks that people are talking about. But she also has the Scorpio rising look - very feminine and alluring and seductive.

SecretGarden

The Rodden Rating is DD Conflicting/unverified though. We may never know Madonna's true birth time.

That's true, but it has been verified by many sources as being Virgo. I am 100% sure that she is astro aware. I saw a picture of her in a magazine wearing a Scorpio symbol necklace, which piqued my curiosity. I get the feeling that she's trying to throw people off with different birth times and saying she's "an Aquarius rising." She has also tried to lie about her age before, so this may have tainted whatever proof we might have had!

Jazzy One

God, no. I just can't see that. I know a few Scorpio rising folk and the general way they come across - as individual as each of them still are in their personal expression - is nothing like how I think Beyonce comes across.

That's a possibility. Depending on the exact degree of the Asc., it might put her Mars in Leo in the 1st (stamina; bossy; 'look-at-me' persona; executive ability). The ruler of her Asc., the Sun, would most likely be either in the 1st or the 2nd House. Her Libra planets would be in the 3rd and her Scorpio Moon would show up in the 4th House. None of those really jump out at me though. That's a lot of Northern Hemisphere action for such an 'out there' person, though I know that isn't always accurately representative of how a person's reality plays itself out.

She's not extroverted enough in interviews to have Leo Rising. She, her family and Kelly Rowland have all said that she was pretty much a mute as a child, very shy and a loner-type because the other children made fun of her (jealous of her beauty). Also, her father was an all-powerful figure in the home. He quit his well-paying sales job to take complete responsibility as her manager, nurturing her career and making sure that she had the power in the Destiny's Child group. Recently, his secrets (extramarital affairs/children and possible embezzling) have come out to wreck his relationship with Beyonce. That sounds like Scorpio in the 3rd and/or 4th to me. With her Moon in Scorpio, it makes sense that her controlling dad who betrayed her trust was the most "nurturing" parent, and her solo career has been defined by her ability to escape his control (and put her emotional security in another powerful daddy figure, Jay-Z).

That written, her Mars and North Node in Leo explains her ability to transform into "Sasha" (her alter ego that allows her to come out of shell) to become a solo star. She has said that it was hard for her to leave the comfort zone of being in a group and rely on them when she forgot lyrics, which is indicative of her Aquarius South Node.

My guess for her Rising Sign is Taurus (making her chart ruler Venus...adding her Venus in Libra allure to her looks and her extra interest in relationships and gender equality). Typically, Taurus Rising gives a woman great beauty and powers of attraction, a desire for material wealth, a pleasant demeanor that doesn't like to rock the boat in public, enjoyment of rich, comfort food (has stated that Popeye's Chicken is her favorite food), very sensual and feminine with the perfumes/clothing line/etc...

(Libra Rising has beauty and love of finer things, but approaches the world in a masculine way. Very chatty and superficial with strangers. They get bored in relationships and tend to be serial monogamists. JLo and Jennifer Aniston are examples of women with Libra Rising. Beyonce is much too private, cautious and loyal to have Libra Rising. She comes across as totally dedicated to her husband and is very possessive in her lyrics and pictures of them together.)

Because she's been able to amass such great wealth (more than her husband even), I'm thinking that her Rising sign complements her Sun sign in earth. Capricorn Rising would be too harsh (though she looks like a softer version of her Capricorn mom). With Taurus Rising, the opposition to her Moon in Scorpio would give her the balance that is reinforced by all the planets in Libra. Taurus doesn't like change, but Scorpio will make dramatic changes to exert their power over themselves or others. When it's time to uncover the deeper emotions under her placid (some say vacant) image, she easily taps into her Moon in Scorpio: "Resentment", "Ring the Alarm", etc.

Her Sun in Virgo would probably be in the 4th house, which would give her the Cancer tint to her nature that I sense. I almost gave her this Rising Sign. Her offstage introverted nature, her reluctance to let her fans/strangers into her home life, her close relationship with her mother and sister (a Cancer) and nurturing qualities (doting auntie to her nephew) all spell Cancer to me. Aside from the female empowerment, her other favorite topic is finding emotional security and being in charge at home (both 4th house topics).

Lastly, Taurus rising would give her a high concentration of planets in the Western hemisphere. She seems to be very other-person oriented (e.g. "Cater To You"). She doesn't seem to be able to turn off paying attention to/being influenced by others.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
Madonna may have been mistaken or may wish she's an Aquarius rising, but she's a Virgo rising.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Madonna

It has been confirmed time and time again by several different sources! And it makes a lot of sense for the Sun to be in the 12th, as she is very spiritual.

I think Beyonce is a Scorpio Ascendant, moon conjunct ascendant. She already has 5 planets in Libra, which would give the cardinal quality in her looks that people are talking about. But she also has the Scorpio rising look - very feminine and alluring and seductive.

...You're seriously trying to insist a bunch of astrologers who haven't met Madonna know her ascendant better than she does? lol

I'm not buying it; I believe she's definitely an Aqua ascendant, all the way. If you look at her career and everything, it makes perfect sense. I'm a Leo with an Aqua ascendant too, and she definitely gives off 'familiar' vibes lol. I've seen the interview others have mentioned, and I wasn't getting tongue-in-cheek vibes from her when she said it, or the feeling that she was trying to throw people off. I think she was being serious, and honest about her rising sign.

As far as Beyonce goes - no official birth time has been released?! I would've thought by now this wouldn't even be up for debate.

savanna

...You're seriously trying to insist a bunch of astrologers who haven't met Madonna know her ascendant better than she does? lol

I'm not buying it; I believe she's definitely an Aqua ascendant, all the way. If you look at her career and everything, it makes perfect sense. I'm a Leo with an Aqua ascendant too, and she definitely gives off 'familiar' vibes lol. I've seen the interview others have mentioned, and I wasn't getting tongue-in-cheek vibes from her when she said it, or the feeling that she was trying to throw people off. I think she was being serious, and honest about her rising sign.

We talked about this on the astro.com forum I believe lol.

Here is the interview where she talks about her chart:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mtjv_interview-johnny-meets-madonna-2-3_music

At 8 minutes into the interview she says "My sun sign is Leo, and my rising sign is Aquarius, and my moon is in Virgo"

She goes on to describe the characteristics of her Virgo moon. She seems serious in the interview and sounds like she has an idea of what she is talking about.

Any of Madonna's Virgo characteristics would come from her having Moon, Mercury and Pluto there. When it comes to Astrology she seems to know her stuff. She asks the interviewer his sign and describes the general Cancer personality to him. Why would lie about her ascendant when she brings up her Sun sign and moon sign and their characteristics?

Iwould trust Madonna herself describing her birth chart, over someone who claims that her father told them her birth time in the 80's.

SecretGarden

As far as Beyonce goes - no official birth time has been released?! I would've thought by now this wouldn't even be up for debate.

Yes, I am actually. Because she has already lied about her year of birth, and she is astro-aware. So yes, I do think that she is trying to throw people off. Maybe she doesn't want to be defined by her Ascendant or maybe she doesn't like her Ascendant. And those claiming to have seen her birth chart all swear she was born at a time that gives her a Virgo Ascendant. Look at the house placements, and then at her life, this actually makes a lot of sense. Sun in 12 fits her perfectly.

This is my opinion, not everyone will agree.

I just do not get Aquarius from her at all during this interview. I know it's only one interview, but she is just so not airy. One of my best friends has an Aquarius Ascendant (water Sun and Moon) and she is very dynamic and outgoing in these types of settings.

I honestly think she just wishes she had Aqua rising because maybe she likes the description, but she comes off as such a Virgo to me. There's such an overwhelming earthiness to her. She is also obsessed with not revealing everything about herself... This is not Aquarius rising to me. But it does fit Sun in 12.

Lastly I apologize for being off-topic since this thread is supposed to be about Beyonce.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
Yes, I am actually. Because she has already lied about her year of birth, and I think she is astro-aware because of her astrology jewelry and her interest in the occult. So yes, I do think that she is trying to throw people off. Maybe she doesn't want to be defined by her Ascendant or maybe she doesn't like her Ascendant. And those claiming to have seen her birth chart all swear she was born at a time that gives her a Virgo Ascendant. Look at the house placements, and then at her life, this actually makes a lot of sense. Sun in 12 fits her perfectly.

I already know without question that she's astro-aware because she discussed it in an interview :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9mtjv_interview-johnny-meets-madonna-2-3_music

When did she lie about her birth year? And even if she did, that doesn't necessarily mean she continued to and then gave a false ascendant. What I read here ( http://forum.astro.com/cgi/forum.cgi?num=1000013319/60#60 ) is that the claims of a Virgo ascendant come purely from hearsay - someone claiming a friend heard it from her dad back in the 1980s. I consider hearsay to be way less credible than hearing from someone's own mouth, what ascendant they are.

Plus, like I said - I'm having a really hard time believing Madonna has a 12th house Sun. Everything we've seen of her personality, life and career runs counter to that, in fact. If she does have a 12th house Sun, she'd have to be the most atypical one I've ever ever seen. This is a woman who, on one of her first television appearances, said she wanted to 'rule the world'. 12th house people are very private and aren't really big on the spotlight; remember, the 12th house is the house linked to isolation, introspection, asylums, prisons...

Last edited:

SecretGarden

I already know without question that she's astro-aware because she discussed it in an interview :

When did she lie about her birth year? And even if she did, that doesn't necessarily mean she continued to and then gave a false ascendant. What I read here ( http://forum.astro.com/cgi/forum.cgi?num=1000013319/60#60 ) is that the claims of a Virgo ascendant come purely from hearsay - someone claiming a friend heard it from her dad back in the 1980s. I consider hearsay to be way less credible than hearing from someone's own mouth, what ascendant they are.

Plus, like I said - I'm having a really hard time believing Madonna has a 12th house Sun. Everything we've seen of her personality, life and career runs counter to that, in fact. If she does have a 12th house Sun, she'd have to be the most atypical one I've ever ever seen. This is a woman who, on one of her first television appearances, said she wanted to 'rule the world'. 12th house people are very private and aren't really big on the spotlight; remember, the 12th house is the house linked to isolation, introspection, asylums, prisons...

YES, I know she is astro-aware. Like I said, she was wearing a Scorpio necklace. She doesn't have any Scorpio in her chart except Neptune. She likes to play around with things - she likes to create an illusion of herself and who she is. This is why I think she may be concocting the Aquarius rising. Everything is of her own creation.

She says she doesn't want to reveal a lot about herself, and that what she shares with the world is only one side of her.

"I have revealed certain things, you can't help but reveal yourself through your work, but there's no way that that's the sum total of me."
"let's stick to the shallow things" she says.
This is a 12th house sun to me.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Ruka_5

Banned
YES, I know she is astro-aware. Like I said, she was wearing a Scorpio necklace. She doesn't have any Scorpio in her chart except Neptune. She likes to play around with things - she likes to create an illusion of herself and who she is. This is why I think she may be concocting the Aquarius rising. Everything is of her own creation.

She says she doesn't want to reveal a lot about herself, and that what she shares with the world is only one side of her.

"I have revealed certain things, you can't help but reveal yourself through your work, but there's no way that that's the sum total of me."
"let's stick to the shallow things" she says.
This is a 12th house sun to me.

Let's just agree to disagree.

...Sure, but wearing a Scorpio necklace, doesn't necessarily mean she was trying to give some indication about her own natal chart - maybe she just likes Scorpios, or any number of things. I'm going to go based on what she says, not what she wears.

She's much more private now, but she wasn't always that way. I'd be more inclined to think her recent views and behavior have more to do with being in the public eye for decades and having people take her apart relentlessly than it has to do with astrology. Self-protection, basically. But when she first came out, she was very open and forthcoming, very free-spirited. Her whole energy at the beginning was the complete and total opposite of a 12th house sun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ud6--iJXB4

In total contrast to Prince, who is a 12th house person, and during his early career, went on American Bandstand and was too shy to actually talk to Dick Clark much during the interview segment and instead held up his fingers to answer questions.

I do agree that ultimately going back and forth over this is pointless and actually off-topic to the thread, so I'll leave it that.

theM

Recently I almost believed that Beyonce has Scorpio rising (like astrotheme.com's first given time) but from the beginning I secretly always thought she has definitely Leo rising.
She simply has this dramatic,confident,warm,sunny and glamorous appearance.
For me there was no doubt.
But I even thought that maybe I was wrong but now I trust my abilities again:

Because I think that finally the right time has leaked!

She has Leo Rising:

http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/m4b7MKr6WY6e.htm

Last edited:

Jazzy One

For those of you guessing Libra rising--she has a huge stellium in Libra, I believe, which totally explains the very heavy Venus aura she gives off.

I am quite possibly one of her biggest fans, so I've seen her in countless appearances and interviews. She's very, very shy and soft spoken and sensitive--I've seen her break into tears many times.

She stumbles over her words and has a very sweet, innocent, "wouldn't hurt a fly" way about her. From what I know of her, there is no way she can be a fire sign rising. She doesn't ever come across loud, she doesn't party, she's EXTREMELY, deeply private, almost to the point of paranoia...very quiet, shy, sweet as sugar, kind, and soft spoken. No one in Hollywood has a bad word to say about her. Everyone agrees she's super sweet.

She is also extremely, very very veryyyy hard working and an ultra perfectionist. THIS is why she transforms into a "diva" on stage--it's a complete and total act, thus the whole "Sasha Fierce" alter ego...it's true. The way she is on stage is nothing like what she's like in person. She completely loses herself in character on stage, and as soon the music stops or she leaves the stage, she snaps out of it, and goes right back to being the sweet, shy girl. Although, I have noticed the older she gets, the less and less shy she is, and more confident she is off stage. On stage, her deep emotions and very, very intense and passionate side radiate through her performance. She gets so caught up in the song and the moment, that she pulls the audience in with her, making them really FEEL the music, the lyrics, everything pulse through them as they do through her. It's really almost a magical thing

It's very interesting, really.

Hmm...my guess would be an Earth rising (Taurus or Vigro?), Water rising, (possibly Cancer?), or Libra rising.

I can see Scorpio rising too, because she is one of the most private people in Hollywood--she lets the world know ONLY what she wants them to know. Her private life is her own and she is a master at keeping the press out of it. She's def a big control freak, but that's because she wants everything to be perfect. There is a deep magnetism that radiates from her, she's very captivating, has a very powerful aura that surrounds her...but then again, this can all simply be on account of her Scorpio moon.

Truthfully, I doubt it's Libra, because she already has a Libra stellium, and having Libra rising on top of that might make her a little less determined and hard working as she is.

I think there is really just no way she can be Sagittarius, Leo, Aries, Aquarius, or Gemini rising. I'd say Leo is the most likely of the bunch, although still doubtful of that. I know a lot of Leo rising people, and they come across as anything but super shy and soft spoken.

She's not very shy, sweet and humble here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sot-CHoOPV8&sns=tw

Your ASC is most evident when you're trying to impress strangers. She seems to be Virgo or Taurus Rising to me. Her power-hungry Scorpio Moon and boastful/playful Mars in Leo is on full display in that video.

Melaike

She has round/feminine features and pear shaped body.I think she could be Pisces rising or Scorpio rising with moon in the first house