Being born on cusp

helahell

What do you think about cusps? I was born last day of Scorpio/first of Saggittarius. Whole life I considered myself a Scorpio, but it turned out I'm Saggitarius. Do you think I should look at both signs while interpreting or just focus on Sag?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

What do you think about cusps? I was born last day of Scorpio/first of Saggittarius. Whole life I considered myself a Scorpio, but it turned out I'm Saggitarius. Do you think I should look at both signs while interpreting or just focus on Sag?

for WHOLE SIGN HOUSES - the degree of the house/place is determined from the ascending degree
thus
each whole sign house
has a specific degree
aka sensitive point
- the original meaning of the word "..cusp.."

which later got changed
to mean the "..border.."
or "..start.." of a house

The idea that whole sign houses have no "..cusps.." aka sensitive degree or points - is erroneous :)

Manilius makes this clear in the "Astronomica"

Also, I found sth like "cusp of revolution" - do you think it's legit?
(btw: I have Moon, Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio, Mercury and Pluto conjunct Sun and Pluto is my dominant planet, so that can explain why I feel Scorpio)
for another perspective
calculate your chart using WESTERN SIDEREAL ZODIAC and compare

Sidereal Astrology Charts

Free Online Astrology Calculator

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
How far into Sagittarius is your Sun?

If it's 0° 29' or less, you were born while the disc of the Sun was still partway in Scorpio. That makes you literally a cusp baby: your Sun is part Sag and part Scorpio. If it's 30 minutes or more into Sagittarius, you're a full Sagittarius: you were born after its transition was complete.

Here's a video by Steven Forrest explaining it:

Osamenor

Staff member
Sideral shows Scorpio, but it changed most of my signes (except two).

Everything in a sidereal chart is 23° - 24° earlier than in the tropical version. That puts everything one sign earlier unless it's in the last 6 to 7 degrees of its sign.

It was 0degree 27 minutes in Sag so as I understand it was on a cusp - so should I consider both signes? How to interpret it?

Watch Forrest's video. He gives a good answer.

JUPITERASC

so SIDEREAL SHOWS SCORPIO - that's interesting
for beginners exploring Sidereal Astrology :smile:

Vedic astrology is Sidereal
however
there are also Western Sidereal Astrologers as well
for example

KENNETH BOWSER is a Western Sidereal Astrologer
at
https://www.westernsiderealastrology.com/
and
Jim Eshelman
https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

It was 0degree 27 minutes in Sag so as I understand it was on a cusp - so should I consider both signes? How to interpret it?

there's no agreement amongst astrologers
so
study and decide for yourself :)

JUPITERASC

Sun travel being ONE DEGREE DAILY
THEN
Time of birth would need to be accurate to within twelve - fourteen hours
:)

sentR89day

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but once you've figured out your precise time, you are the precise sign that is the sign. You are precisely a Sagittarius.
It sounds like you're a Sagittarius with a Plutonic touch to you. As for reading monthly astrology readings, I usually read for my rising sign, not my Sun sign.

Claire19

We are only ever one sun sign. There can be planets in neighbouring signs such as Venus and Mercury which may aspect that sun sign which gives a fuller picture. Even 0 degrees which my mother was, in Gemini. In later years she may have been born under late Taurus as the signs do change a bit. She for instance had Mercury in Taurus. No such thing as a cusp sign.