Be a nice person and answer my simple questions! (Good karma)

dico

Banned
There you go Dico, thanks ;). One more precision: I'm a straight male. The avatar is a little bit misleading, it's actually a scene from a French 60's movie I adore: Bande à part (1964), of Jean Luc Godard and Anna Karina.

Maybe we should bring back old European movies back to our screens and I will surely know where to find new and interesting friends :D.

Oops, I'm sorry for assuming! Oh dear... :pinched:

The only old French film I have seen is works of Jacques Tati, being very little acquainted with French cinema (even though they basically invented cinema).

yassine01

Oops, I'm sorry for assuming! Oh dear... :pinched:

The only old French film I have seen is works of Jacques Tati, being very little acquainted with French cinema (even though they basically invented cinema).

No problem. Yes, Jacques Tati! I watched Jour de fête. He was such a talented Libra!

serafin5

Dear Yassine:

I agree with Astrologer50; and I am not trying to be cruel either. Im not sure if you are arrogant or not and I know it has nothing to do with our ages. If you want quality friendships than be a good friend yourself! I promise you that if you project the attitude that your college peer's conversation is banal and beneath you its not gonna produce the results you are looking for. Also, you are hypercritical. I've learned a thing or two because I went to the school of hard knocks and when relationships are starting out there is always some degree of banality and tedium to endure in the course of getting to know someone. Sometimes if one is patient there may be a hidden gem of a person lurking in your midst; someone who may play a large part in your life.

Blessings to you!:biggrin:

Hi,
We have the same degree Virgo Sun, and I love Simone Weil. Just one comment directly related to Virgo...go easy on others. I wasted a lot of time being critical in my life, totally nonsense. Embrace creativity, which is the opposite of critique. Don't worry about others and what they do or don't do, just focus on expressing your own vision. You will find that you are more fulfilled and people in your life will be more inline with your authentic self. Good luck!

yassine01

Dear Yassine:

I agree with Astrologer50; and I am not trying to be cruel either. Im not sure if you are arrogant or not and I know it has nothing to do with our ages. If you want quality friendships than be a good friend yourself! I promise you that if you project the attitude that your college peer's conversation is banal and beneath you its not gonna produce the results you are looking for. Also, you are hypercritical. I've learned a thing or two because I went to the school of hard knocks and when relationships are starting out there is always some degree of banality and tedium to endure in the course of getting to know someone. Sometimes if one is patient there may be a hidden gem of a person lurking in your midst; someone who may play a large part in your life.

Blessings to you!:biggrin:

My friend,

If not age, it has to do with time. I chose a few verses from the poet W.H Auden to plead my cause:

"All words like Peace and Love
All sane affirmative speech,
Had been soiled, profaned, debased
To a horrid mechanical screech."

Such inclinaisons - idiosyncracies? matters of taste? arrogance like astrologer50 said? No, just a need for authenticity we can only satisfy by recovering the fundamental self from the requirements of social life in general and language in particular.

yassine01

Thank you tweltnight, I'm glad we have exactly the same Sun degree. :)

Don't worry I never criticize a particular person because that is intolerable and hurtful, but I feel totally entitled to criticize mass behaviour and social evolutions. Everybody should have the right to do that, it's perfectly sane. But there are also bright sides, so let's look at both eh!

Have a wonderful day.

StillOne

From what I'm reading it seems you have heaps of potential. You are extremely intelligent with your Mercury in Virgo domicile conjunct Jupiter. There definitely is something bigger for you out there. Sometimes we have to suffer a bit and work through our karma to get there though... In that way, we learn our lessons to be able to take the next step skillfully. Hang in there!

With regard to your sleepiness, I've found certain yogic breath to be extremely energizing. Especially such breath as the complete yogic breath, breath of fire, revitalizing breath and the retained breath. A great book that I'm currently reading and is making a huge impact on my stagnant system is Meditation as Medicine by Khalsa and Stauth. It is a Kundalini Yoga approach to meditation and uses mantra, visualization and breath for healing. Alas, not astrology but nevertheless extremely powerful and quite different than other meditation approaches.

Other Ayurvedic methods may also assist in balancing your system and could warrant further research.

Last edited:

serafin5

My friend,

If not age, it has to do with time. I chose a few verses from the poet W.H Auden to plead my cause:

"All words like Peace and Love
All sane affirmative speech,
Had been soiled, profaned, debased
To a horrid mechanical screech."

Such inclinaisons - idiosyncracies? matters of taste? arrogance like astrologer50 said? No, just a need for authenticity we can only satisfy by recovering the fundamental self from the requirements of social life in general and language in particular.

Well said! You've got me speechless (quite a feat!). You win; I dont have any words of wisdom only that I wish you happiness.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Serafin5:joyful: