Baby Boomers = Pluto in Leo ??

leomoon

MLK was a Buddhist?
That's a new one on me. Where did you come up with that?
I came up with it from Life experience - having lived a long life and studying while I lived it - people I admired!
I didn't say he was a "card practicing Buddhist" nor a "card practicing Baptist" either.

He studied Buddhism. If he did not JOIN an ashram he certainly behaved as one. One does not have to JOIN to behave as a Buddhist or a true Christian. It's what is in the heart that counts at least that is what Jesus said and what I was taught.

FraterAC - I don't usually take the time out to answer questions that are put to me as DEMANDS - but this time I did - for the sake of others who may not have studied MLK Jr. as I have or lived during that time period. I will not answer anymore however - I hope you understand I do have things I have to do with my time too. There are dozens such links on the internet I'm sure you can find on Dr. King and Buddhism. His Anti-War stance, his admiration for Buddhism as well as Christ & Ghandi and why he mimics those he admired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, in his nonviolent activism, it was clear that he was inspired by Gandhi’s nonviolent resistance movement. He was also inspired by Buddhist teachers.

He befriended a young Zen monk who had been exiled from Vietnam and was involved in peace activism. His name was Thich Nhat Hanh. It isn’t really known exactly how much these two learned from each other, but we know that they spent some time together and they gave each other advice.

I know Thich Nhat Hanh, and am privileged to call him my friend. Let me share with you some things I know about him.

You will find in this single human being an awesome range of abilities and interests.

This would be a notably auspicious year for you to bestow your Prize on the Venerable Nhat Hanh. Here is an apostle of peace and non-violence, cruelly separated from his own people while they are oppressed by a vicious war which has grown to threaten the sanity and security of the entire world.

Because no honor is more respected than the Nobel Peace Prize, conferring the Prize on Nhat Hanh would itself be a most generous act of peace. It would remind all nations that men of good will stand ready to lead warring elements out of an abyss of hatred and destruction. It would re-awaken men to the teaching of beauty and love found in peace. It would help to revive hopes for a new order of justice and harmony.

He is a holy man, for he is humble and devout. He is a scholar of immense intellectual capacity. The author of ten published volumes, he is also a poet of superb clarity and human compassion. His academic discipline is the Philosophy of Religion, of which he is Professor at Van Hanh, the Buddhist University he helped found in Saigon. He directs the Institute for Social Studies at this University. This amazing man also is editor of Thien My, an influential Buddhist weekly publication. And he is Director of Youth for Social Service, a Vietnamese institution which trains young people for the peaceable rehabilitation of their country.

Thich Nhat Hanh today is virtually homeless and stateless. If he were to return to Vietnam, which he passionately wishes to do, his life would be in great peril. He is the victim of a particularly brutal exile because he proposes to carry his advocacy of peace to his own people. What a tragic commentary this is on the existing situation in Vietnam and those who perpetuate it.

The history of Vietnam is filled with chapters of exploitation by outside powers and corrupted men of wealth, until even now the Vietnamese are harshly ruled, ill-fed, poorly housed, and burdened by all the hardships and terrors of modern warfare.

Thich Nhat Hanh offers a way out of this nightmare, a solution acceptable to rational leaders. He has traveled the world, counseling statesmen, religious leaders, scholars and writers, and enlisting their support. His ideas for peace, if applied, would build a monument to ecumenism, to world brotherhood, to humanity.

I respectfully recommend to you that you invest his cause with the acknowledged grandeur of the Nobel Peace Prize of 1967. Thich Nhat Hanh would bear this honor with grace and humility.

Sincerely,
Martin Luther King, Jr.”

added:

Trips to India & Ashrams:

King, “My Trip to the Land of Gandhi,” July 1959, in Papers 5:231–238.

Last edited:

sentR89day

I'd say the 1980's was an overall great time to be alive! Pluto in Scorpio was trining America's Sun in Cancer!
Uranus in Sagittarius made everything big in the 1980's; Big hair, big shoulder pads, louder/bigger music!

IleneK

Premium Member
The intersection of the profound teachings of love and compassion in Christianity and Buddhism has brought people like Martin Luther King and Thich Nhat Hanh, Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Lama intimately together, like family. MLK and Desmond Tutu were Christians. Thich Nhat Hanh was and the Dalai Lama are Buddhists.

Last edited:

sentR89day

Isn't there currently a debate on whether Pluto in Leo is truly exalted, or not? An astrologer I read said this, but he might have been trolling his readers!!!??

I feel like Pluto in Leo brought out the good, and bad, of Leo energy! The more selfish, me, me, me, part truly showed in some people of this generation! And the more 'let's have fun and have fun' positive side of Leo also showed!

Osamenor

Staff member
Isn't there currently a debate on whether Pluto in Leo is truly exalted, or not?

If at least two people are debating it, there is. Even if those two people are internet trolls.

If you mean, is that currently being debated among highly reputable astrologers, I don't know if any of the real big names are touching the subject, but a quick google search brings up several serious articles/blog posts asserting that Pluto is exalted in Leo. And at least as many claiming it's exalted in some other sign. The other contenders I spotted at a glance are Aries and Gemini.

I don't think the person you saw making that claim was trolling, at least not by making that claim. It is something that's been said before.

sentR89day

If at least two people are debating it, there is. Even if those two people are internet trolls.

If you mean, is that currently being debated among highly reputable astrologers, I don't know if any of the real big names are touching the subject, but a quick google search brings up several serious articles/blog posts asserting that Pluto is exalted in Leo. And at least as many claiming it's exalted in some other sign. The other contenders I spotted at a glance are Aries and Gemini.

I don't think the person you saw making that claim was trolling, at least not by making that claim. It is something that's been said before.
Well, the Baby Boomers were lucky so I can why Pluto in Leo is exalted! LMAO!

Lonerose99

Neptune in Sag - hmm 🤔 Could that be part of the me-me-me? People trying to find themselves through a million different forms (exaggerating) of spirituality. Or at least trying to find answers to all the unrest we had just been through?

sentR89day

Neptune in Sag - hmm 🤔 Could that be part of the me-me-me? People trying to find themselves through a million different forms (exaggerating) of spirituality. Or at least trying to find answers to all the unrest we had just been through?
In my opinion. Sagittarius (my Sun sign/sign) can be very arrogant (LMAO). But they're not as selfish as Aries and Leo. Sagittarius is the beginning of the last third of the zodiac so they are a little more selfless than Aries and Leo! Are Sagittarius completely selfless? Nope but they do want a little bit of goodness for other people!

Maryb3

Pluto in Leo people think they are right. I think most are indulgent and we’re over protected.
Pluto in Scorpio., this crowd can be the the toughest on the block. They grew up with 9 11. Their teens were hit with a lot of racial influx.
They all want the Clinton years back.
Columbine shooting was Pluto in sag.
These kids had just entered teen years. Violence kicked up a notch or ten. Shootings are still happening. Their early 20s were 2008 meltdown.
If any had savings. They lost it.
Phoenix rising describes them.
Pluto Virgo people grew up in many a single parent home. Divorce took off in the seventies.
These kids had to really pull themselves up.

Mellow years!!! This died a long time ago.
Now families are spilt up from searching for a job.
Pluto libra and Scorpio crowds.
Move cross country to out of the states.

Divorce is still happening!!
I use to listen to Pluto sag and Scorpio talk. My step mom kicked me out at 12 years old stories.
Or worse!!! I had to care of mom too.
I had to work at 14.

I listened to some incredible stories.

Baby boomers lived in a prosperous time.
I do not think they ever got over the falling economy nor all the controls inflicted. Controls especially.
Since 1970s
Nixon s failed drug war has run into the zillions.
Pluto was in libra then. Pluto entering aqua.
OD s are worse now than then.
Street drugs are heinous. Known a few fairly decent 20 something year olds and they died from taking fyntenal.
Just a typical college party. Not even addicts.

I’m not real sure who the bad guys are in this deal.
Guess Pluto aqua find out.
Truth sign or rebel against all the BS controls.

Aqua rebels
Aqua likes the truth more than Scorpio.

david starling

Pluto in Leo people think they are right. I think most are indulgent and we’re over protected.
Pluto in Scorpio., this crowd can be the the toughest on the block. They grew up with 9 11. Their teens were hit with a lot of racial influx.
These kids had just entered teen years. Violence kicked up a notch or ten. Shootings are still happening. Their early 20s were 2008 meltdown.
Pluto Virgo people grew up in many a single parent home. Divorce took off in the seventies.

I use to listen to Pluto sag and Scorpio talk. My step mom kicked me out at 12 years old stories.
I had to work at 14.

I do not think they ever got over the falling economy nor all the controls inflicted. Controls especially.
Since 1970s
Street drugs are heinous. Known a few fairly decent 20 something year olds and they died from taking fyntenal.

Aqua rebels

:aquarius:=Fixed/Air, domicile-sign of :uranus:

Each sign is in a constant state of transition to the next. Aquarius to Pisces has Scorpio as it's companion-sign, with Pluto as its regulator of change.

Aquarius to Pisces is Fixed to Water = Fixed/Water :scorpio:
Aquarius to Pisces is Air to Mutable = Mutable/Air :gemini:

Gemini is the catalyst of change for Aquarius, with Mercury as its driver.

I have Pluto in Leo, so I know I'm right! :cool:

Last edited:

sentR89day

I had to work at 14.

Since 1970s

Aqua rebels
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IleneK

Premium Member
Isn't there currently a debate on whether Pluto in Leo is truly exalted, or not? An astrologer I read said this, but he might have been trolling his readers!!!??

I feel like Pluto in Leo brought out the good, and bad, of Leo energy! The more selfish, me, me, me, part truly showed in some people of this generation! And the more 'let's have fun and have fun' positive side of Leo also showed!
As David and others have said at one time or another, I think Pluto in Leo, with a centering on the self, was a necessary, natural adjusting to Pluto in Cancer emphasis on family/home and on familial influence confining and defining who we were, what we could do.
As it always is, it was for better and for worse.

sentR89day

As David and others have said at one time or another, I think Pluto in Leo, with a centering on the self, was a necessary, natural adjusting to Pluto in Cancer emphasis on family/home and on familial influence confining and defining who we were, what we could do.
That means that Pluto in Aquarius is a fall! Interesting!

david starling

Ditto. It was the hippy movement, flower children, free sex.

Vietnam War and the Draft, going after every eligible male 19 to 35 years of Age.

Narcs going to gatherings like outdoor concerts and "Love-ins" and busting people for marijuana possession--2 year sentence for even a small amount.

IleneK

Premium Member
That means that Pluto in Aquarius is a fall! Interesting!
I don't quite follow what you mean by Pluto in Aq "is a fall."
I did not suggest that Leo is Pluto's exaltation. Rather that Leo compensated for/equilibrated Cancer, as Pluto in Virgo did for Leo.

Maryb3

It was not so much about free sex !!! Drugs
I was born at the end of the boomer
I just know things and drugs became worse instead of better after the 70s.
The things I read are unbelievable. I never heard of suicide till I was 17. I remember looking it up.
Yes! Things have changed that much.
Now not enough hotlines. Not enough anything.
Sag Pluto was when things really began.

It actually began late 80s.
I have talked to so many. We all agree things became just gradually more crazy.
The stellium in cap years. Pluto Scorpio

Pluto is in fall aqua.
Just wondering. Capitalism and the hierarchy a spotlight shone on corruption while Pluto in cap.
Will people rebel or what. Form groups.

The drug culture became worse and worse.

The internet. Lol can you keep up all your passwords. Apple keeps coming out more secure phones.
Lol. Supposedly not vulnerable to hackers.
I hear and read millions lost to scams on the internet.
Not even mentioning the dark web where anything bought and sold.

Pluto and the evolving internet.
Media social
Will Saturn take a hand or will Uranus.
Pluto does not care which ruler rules aqua.
Exposing what Pluto does. Finding the dirt.