AVPD(avoidant personality disorder)

Sorrowful

Diagnosed with AVPD,will ever overcome this or will have it whole life?:pouty:

astro-2gw-will-i-overcome-avpd-68180-49792.png

Already doing psychotherapy with doctor and taking meds but the progress and improvement seems slow and difficult.:unsure:

Sorrowful

What exactly is this disorder? What problems does it create for you? Can you go into some details?

Some details are there,

Avoidant personality disorder (AVPD) is an enduring pattern of behavior related to social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, and sensitivity to rejection that causes problems in work situations and relationships.

The disorder is characterized by extreme shyness and sensitivity to criticism from others.

What you think of this disorder??? It's super hard to deal with it,it's a reason i left my last job and having problems into new job too.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Sorry, I have no competence in medical astrology.
Hopefully someone else who is qualified will reply.
Take care.

ElenaJ

Sorry you don't seem to be drawing any replies on this.
I suspect that it is so rare that no one is able to approach it.
Try doing a horary question about it, it may be easier to reply to.

chay

Banned
With Node conjunct Moon and square Mars I think you will certainly have some busy and active relationships with others both at home and at work. I think keep going with the psychotherapy etc as Saturn square Asc and opposite Midheaven is a big factor in the AVPD with people and work. The nature of Saturn is long term so a slow and steady approach is indicted. I have those aspects too. I think you may have had a turbulent family life that has affected you? Saturn is a planet of discipline and responsibility and represents institutions and old age amongst other things. I would suggest to you to find places to work that have Saturnine energy to express this part of yourself. Hospitals, schools, prisons (as staff ), churches, ashrams, rest homes. Relating to older people might be a way to express this energy. Saturn is a planet you grow into and grow with so I think as you grow older you could turn these energies into your strengths. You have quite a few aspects to Chiron so I see you actively working on healing yourself in this lifetime. So once again, I am no expert in astrology or psychology but I would say keep working and you will one day be able to manage this disorder as a strength. Please if any astrologers can see something to correct in what I have said let me know.

Frisiangal

Hi Sorrowful,
Whilst replying here I looked back to your previous posts, seeing those on your 'Chiron in 10th thread' to which you received much good advice.

From Google and your description, AVPD is not a physical rather than a mental/emotional disorder. Perhaps what is necessary is a change in emotional behaviour towards outer situations (Moon influence) and personal mind set (Mercury).

I study the influence of an astrological 'point' in astrology called MEAN Black Moon Lilith :)lilth: in astro. com. charts), which has been observed to be of significance in childhood-puberty. As it is a non-physical object, it cannot physically 'cause' anything itself but, as an active inner (often hidden) feeling, can accept the blame for how others feel about it.

In your chart, this astrological point is placed on 23 degrees Gemini. Coincidence that this sign coincides with one's mental thought application and communication ability with others? It is conjunct natal Chiron in Gemini (the inner pain of abstract thought ... e.g..what one thinks is not necessarily realistic (pure Virgo!!). It is therefore part of the T-square conflict between Sun (personal expression) and Uranus (independent thought). Coincidence that the planets are rulers of the 6th and 12th houses? The 6th house can mean 'working upon self' and the 12th house with Leo on its cusp can mean 'finding and being yourself'.
Your own contribution regarding Chiron's position in your chart can help provide you with some answers why this may be causing your difficulties.

Instead of seeing the 'negative' expression of yourself as others may have implanted in your mind, have you never looked at and appreciated the positive qualites the chart implies?

In the progressed chart (1 day after birth = 1 year of life) for the 33rd-34th year of life, the secondary progressed Sun has entered Scorpio. S.p. Mercury (ruler Virgo and Asc.) has been in Scorpio for almost 20 years. Could this coincide with a period when a mental/emotional disturbance began; When you perhaps kept thoughts of discrimination to yourself ? The Sun's new position can help bring all that undercurrent activity into the open, unless you prefer to sink deeper into the mental mire.
Sec. Progr. Mars in Aquarius is forming an exact trine (positive) aspect to natal Mercury. This would be an excellent time to actively work (Mars) on what you might consider a negative mental state (Mercury) to bring about alternate ideas (Aquarius) that can act upon change. Mars in Aquarius can completely detach itself from emotional engagement, which could be good for you. It may even bring about the positive assertiveness within a Moon behaviour pattern.

Diagnosed with AVPD,will ever overcome this or will have it whole life?

That depends upon you! Continue to live with preconceived ideas founded in the past, OR discover your real self and who/how you really are, and employ it. Shy and quiet people can be just as interesting, loveable and charming as macho types.:wink:

Frisiangal

Its a personality disorder,so its not just a psychological issue,no self love,no self esteem there.

So???
The necessity to apply yourself in order to bring about a change of mentality regarding your personality can only be done and achieved by you.
No one can make it easier or do it for you.

Maybe a first step could be in thinking of yourself less as a victim of your circumstances and more as a crusader towards changing the effect of them upon you .... an alternative manner of looking at a 1st house Sun square Neptune. Transit Neptune will oppose natal Sun from 2023.

Meanwhile, Transit Pluto in 5th house trine natal Sun can bring about the transition and personal transformation .... if will power is strong enough. Pluto's first pass of its 5x contact to natal Sun has already begun and is completed towards the end of 2022.

Out with the old and in with the new literally begin 2023 has a nice ring to it, doesn't it??.:smile:

chay

Banned
I really hope to transform,but there is always a lack of courage,lack of self faith,maybe should begin a sport like kick boxing to become mentally more strong and erase some fears.

That's a good idea & would be be a positive expression of some of your aspects.

Sorrowful

People with avoidant personality disorder (APD) have a lifelong pattern of extreme shyness. They also feel inadequate and are hypersensitive to rejection. APD can cause psychiatric symptoms that create serious problems with relationships and work.

What are the symptoms of avoidant personality disorder?

If you have APD, you might have difficulty interacting in social and work settings. This is because you may fear any of the following:

rejection
disapproval
embarrassment
criticism
getting to know new people
intimate relationships
ridicule

You may also have trouble believing that people like you. When you’re sensitive to rejection and criticism, you may misinterpret neutral comments or actions as negative ones.

A complete image of my disorder and the symptoms.

Last edited:

Sorrowful

What is the nice ring? I want to get rid of this disorder but there is extremely lack of confidence and will power that i can make it to overcome it,fears and personal insecurities don't let me to do personal transformation.People think i am too quite,too shy. I've been fat since i take meds,15 kilos up,now another problem to solve.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Apparently, from research about aspects in the natal chart that indicate the possibility of AVPD, a base line comes from pisces and Neptune.
Re-reading the posts above it looks like frisiangal gave a very good breakdown of the areas of your chart to keep an eye on. And good advice.
Virgo on the ascendent is by itself a shy sign, timid and introverted.
And its ruler, mercury is square Neptune, with mercury in your 2nd house of self esteem.
Eroding your self esteem with negative thoughts.
Neptune makes a nice sextile with Pluto, and Saturn sits on the midpoint. Saturn is co-ruler of the 6th of health, so this gives a clue to a way out.

ElenaJ

Neptune/Pluto in aspect gives a high degree of sensitivity, active imagination and fantasy.
With Saturn (6th house ruler) at the midpoint, slow beginning and implementation of therapy.
Saturn also means constant, serious, long term.
Both in the development of the problem and in the treatment.

Sorrowful

May should i change doctor? CBT not seem to help me at all,i need a more reliable with faster effects and results therapy.

ElenaJ

Thank you.
Just to be sure, please write the question you asked.

Also, please clarify if the time is 7am or 5pm.

Last edited: