Australian woman shot by Minneapolis police

Dirius

I wonder how this recent tragedy will play out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4703892/Police-officer-shot-Justine-Damond-identified.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-damond-shot-dead-by-us-police-in-minneapolis

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

US police officers have shot dead an Australian woman who reportedly called 911 after hearing a noise near her home in Minneapolis.
Minnesota’s public safety department said a woman was shot in Minneapolis after two officers responded to a callout about a possible assault on Saturday at 11.30pm local time

Mohamed Noor, who joined the department in March 2015, reached over and shot Justine Damond, 40, multiple times from the passenger seat of his squad car while she spoke to his colleague on the drivers side in a back alley.

victim:

42677B3800000578-4701988-Ms_Ruszczyk_40_was_originally_from_Sydney_but_had_been_living_in-m-138_1500251321613.jpg

Officer that shot her:

426DA99D00000578-4703892-image-m-5_1500312110313.jpg

david starling

Re: when is a post racist? (sexist? homophobic?)

The Minneapolis police department should have taken him off patrol duty pending the resolution of previous and ongoing charges against him.

Dirius

Can I request this thread to be deleted? I did not created a topic such as this. This was a post done under the context of a certain discussion, not as a post of its own.

:bandit:

Osamenor

Staff member
Can I request this thread to be deleted? I did not created a topic such as this. This was a post done under the context of a certain discussion, not as a post of its own.

:bandit:

We don't delete threads at the OP's request unless the OP is the only person who has posted in them, because deleting a thread that others have replied to would also delete the other posters' posts, which they did not ask for. That wouldn't be fair to the other posters.

David had already replied to your post when it was moved, so it's not an empty thread and never was. And you did make this post. Whether or not you meant it to be a separate topic, you meant it to be on this forum and, presumably, you intended for other people to reply to it. Since you didn't make it clear how this post was supposed to further the other discussion, what you really created was this topic.

Dirius

We don't delete threads at the OP's request unless the OP is the only person who has posted in them, because deleting a thread that others have replied to would also delete the other posters' posts, which they did not ask for. That wouldn't be fair to the other posters.

David had already replied to your post when it was moved, so it's not an empty thread and never was. And you did make this post. Whether or not you meant it to be a separate topic, you meant it to be on this forum and, presumably, you intended for other people to reply to it. Since you didn't make it clear how this post was supposed to further the other discussion, what you really created was this topic.

I'm not the "OP". I did not created this thread. You created this thread. I created the post which is a reply to another thread, within the context of that discussion. I did not request for the topic to be created as a seperate thread. I don't mind if it had been deleted as off-topic, but I did not make it a topic (otherwise, I would have created the thread myself).

Also user david_starling's post, was actually moved from the previous topic along with mine. So saying that "he has already responded here" is not accurate, given his response was made on the other topic, not this one. So by definition, no one replied here before I requested deletion.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
I wonder how this recent tragedy will play out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4703892/Police-officer-shot-Justine-Damond-identified.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-damond-shot-dead-by-us-police-in-minneapolis

Australian Justine Damond shot dead by US police in Minneapolis

US police officers have shot dead an Australian woman who reportedly called 911 after hearing a noise near her home in Minneapolis.
Minnesota’s public safety department said a woman was shot in Minneapolis after two officers responded to a callout about a possible assault on Saturday at 11.30pm local time

Mohamed Noor, who joined the department in March 2015, reached over and shot Justine Damond, 40, multiple times from the passenger seat of his squad car while she spoke to his colleague on the drivers side in a back alley.

and the body cams were turned off?

victim:

42677B3800000578-4701988-Ms_Ruszczyk_40_was_originally_from_Sydney_but_had_been_living_in-m-138_1500251321613.jpg

Officer that shot her:

426DA99D00000578-4703892-image-m-5_1500312110313.jpg

there is another unusual aspect. she was a holistic healer

https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=4l7pm8sdfa9jg

Hi It's Erin Elizabeth,

I want to get this quick update out to you, in case you'd not heard about the case of holistic healer/doctor, 40 year old Justine Damond.

Justine (pictured below) was killed Saturday night by Minneapolis police right outside her own home. She'd called them about a noise/ disturbance in the alley behind the home at about 11:30PM before bed. Her fiancé was reportedly out of town on business and they were to be married next month. This bride to be went out to meet the officers when they arrived to respond to her call, and approached their window, in her pajamas no less. All details of what happened (like being shot multiple time through the open window) that we know so far from there are in the piece below. Many nations around the world are in an uproar over what is being called an unjust death. Even the local city mayor and other political leaders are demanding answers and asking why they had turned their body cams off.

You can watch some of Justine's scientific lectures in the article, along with more details about her breakthrough work to help people with cancer and understand the true science of the disease and prevention, as she lost so many of her own family members to it in recent years. You can also read more about her and the officer as well.

this is strange because over 60 holistic doctors have been killed or "suicide" in the last 18th months
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum29/HTML/000285.html
Doctors found dead or missing- discovered universal cure for cancer, autism,

Osamenor

Staff member
Also user david_starling's post, was actually also moved from the previous topic. So saying that "he has already responded here" is not true, given his response was on the other topic, not this one, and was moved by you along with my post. So by definition, no one replied here before I requested deletion.

However, it's not possible to delete this thread without also deleting his post. In theory, his post could be moved back to the other thread, but without your post, it would be off topic and would make absolutely no sense. So, no matter what, deleting your post would also delete David's.

If I had deleted your post as off topic instead of moving it, I would've also had to delete his. Moving your post also required moving his. So it's really the same situation as if you had created a thread and then decided you didn't want it anymore after he'd replied. Once you've posted something, it's no longer entirely yours. Once someone has replied to your post, it can't be changed or deleted without affecting their reply.

You have control over your own posts, but no one else's. That's why we will delete a thread at the starter's request if no one else has replied, but not if anyone has. Even now, you could, if you choose, edit your own post and remove all the content. You just can't do anything to another person's post.

david starling

However, it's not possible to delete this thread without also deleting his post. In theory, his post could be moved back to the other thread, but without your post, it would be off topic and would make absolutely no sense. So, no matter what, deleting your post would also delete David's.

If I had deleted your post as off topic instead of moving it, I would've also had to delete his. Moving your post also required moving his. So it's really the same situation as if you had created a thread and then decided you didn't want it anymore after he'd replied. Once you've posted something, it's no longer entirely yours. Once someone has replied to your post, it can't be changed or deleted without affecting their reply.

You have control over your own posts, but no one else's. That's why we will delete a thread at the starter's request if no one else has replied, but not if anyone has. Even now, you could, if you choose, edit your own post and remove all the content. You just can't do anything to another person's post.

If I deleted my own post, would that help? I'll do that now. Oh, oh, too late. Rahu posted also.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I'm not the "OP". I did not created this thread. You created this thread. I created the post which is a reply to another thread, within the context of that discussion. I did not request for the topic to be created as a seperate thread. I don't mind if it had been deleted as off-topic, but I did not make it a topic (otherwise, I would have created the thread myself).

Also user david_starling's post, was actually moved from the previous topic along with mine. So saying that "he has already responded here" is not accurate, given his response was made on the other topic, not this one. So by definition, no one replied here before I requested deletion.
new threads created by a moderator which I did not begin
were attributed to myself - happens all the time
Moderators word is law
:smile:

JUPITERASC

Usually, the moderator who commences this kind of thread
states that the thread has been extrapolated from another thread :smile:
and makes that clear that the OP has been placed there
by that moderator
and the moderator provides a link to the thread from which the one comment
was extrapolated
but since that was not done
it makes it seem as if the OP was not the moderator

rahu

Banned
https://www.prisonplanet.com/minnes...ses-to-give-a-statement-to-investigators.html

To say that something in Minneapolis seems sketchy would be a disservice to all things sketchy. Something is seriously odd about the Minnesota shooting death of Justine Damond by a police officer originally from Somalia named Mohamed Noor.

Officer Mohamed Noor is refusing to cooperate with, or give a statement to, investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. However, the second officer who was partnered with Noor is cooperating
https://youtu.be/MUhVoRe1jQw

david starling

https://www.prisonplanet.com/minnes...ses-to-give-a-statement-to-investigators.html

To say that something in Minneapolis seems sketchy would be a disservice to all things sketchy. Something is seriously odd about the Minnesota shooting death of Justine Damond by a police officer originally from Somalia named Mohamed Noor.

Officer Mohamed Noor is refusing to cooperate with, or give a statement to, investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. However, the second officer who was partnered with Noor is cooperating
https://youtu.be/MUhVoRe1jQw

It's mind-blowing, in a very BAD way. :devil:

rahu

Banned
http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-co...cial-minutes-before-she-was-shot-3302861.html

The Missing Two Minutes: Timeline of Muslim Cop Who Shot Pajama-Clad Woman Leaves Out Two Crucial Minutes Before She Was Shot

What happened between 11:39 and 11:41?
lg.php

11.39pm: Police arrive. A squad car, driven by officer Matthew Harrity with officer Mohamed Noor in the passenger seat, arrive at the address. The officers report on police radio the incident is a “Code four”, meaning no back up is required.
11.41pm: Shooting reported. The situation has completely changed. Officers call for back up requesting a police, fire and emergency response. The incident report notes at this time: “ONE DOWN… STARTING CPR.”

11.46pm: Police radio in to confirm there are “no suspects at large”.

Mohamed Noor, the Minneapolis Muslim police officer who fatally shot a woman who called 911 for help, has refused to be interviewed by authorities investigating the shooting.
He won’t talk to investigators but he is telling friends a loud noise startled him. What is he? A little girl? A noise sets a cop off to firing? What kind of training did quick-trigger-Noor have? I think he is a liar. He has three violent complaints against him. Why did someone have to be murdered for the authrotiies to take actions?
The crackpot Mayor, Betsy Hodges, who celebrated the Muslim cop who KILLED an unarmed woman says: “We can’t compel an officer to make a statement.” Why not?
Meanwhile the halal Mayor Betsy Hodges is busy tweeting her support of the Somalis not the victim.
I stand with our Somali community. We can’t compound the tragedy of Justine Damond’s death by turning to racism. https:

News.com.au, July 19, 2017
POLICE documents detailing what happened the night Australian Justine Damond was gunned down only deepens the mystery over what led an officer to shoot and kill the pyjama-clad woman.

A timeline pieced together through the bride-to-be’s 911 calls and a newly released police incident report shows Ms Damond was shot two minutes after police officers arrived at the alleyway behind her home.
What it doesn’t explain is what happened in those two crucial minutes that prompted officer Mohamed Noor to draw his gun, reach over his partner and discharge his weapon through the open window, delivering a fatal shot to Ms Damond’s abdomen.
The incident report shows officers arrived 12 minutes after the concerned resident’s initial 911 call at 11.39pm when she reported a suspected sexual assault.
At this time, officers indicated the situation was under control and no back up was required.
Two minutes later, the caller was dead. Officers reported shots had been fired, they had “one down”, and emergency back up was needed.

rahu

Banned
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/australian-woman-didnt-have-to-die-minneapolis-police-chief/

Australian woman ‘didn’t have to die’: Minneapolis police chief

he chief of Minneapolis’ police department said on Thursday the fatal shooting of an unarmed Australian woman by a junior police officer violated department training and procedures, and that the victim “didn’t have to die.”

Harteau said she apologized to Damond’s fiance for the loss of life, adding that the action taken by Officer Mohamed Noor, who fired the fatal shot, reflected “one individual’s actions.” She said the body cameras of the two officers on the scene should have been activated. There is no known video footage of the shooting.

Officer Noor has refused to be interviewed by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which is investigating the shooting. His attorney released a statement in which Noor expressed condolences to the Damond family, but declined to discuss the shooting.

rahu

Banned
https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-officer-explains-killed-bride-justine-damond-100009978.html

The police officer who killed an Australian woman who approached his car in her pyjamas has explained what caused him to shoot.
Officer Mohamed Noor claims he was “startled” by bride-to-be Justine Damond before he opened fire through the window of the vehicle when it was parked near her home in Minneapolis.
A friend of the killer cop, who has been suspended by Minneapolis Police Department, told DailyMail.com that he reacted after seeing a figure emerge from the dark running towards him.

r cop, who has been suspended by Minneapolis Police Department, told DailyMail.com that he reacted after seeing a figure emerge from the dark running towards him.
Justine Damond was killed in her pyjamas when she approached the police car (AP)
More
The friend said: “Mohamed believes he acted to protect himself and his colleague, but accepts since that she was not armed.
“It was over in seconds and it was a very tense moment. He is sorry for the woman and her family.
“But he would never have opened fire without genuinely feeling in danger.”
MORE: US police officer who shot dead woman after calling 911 was ‘startled by fireworks’
MORE: Who Is Mohamed Noor? Officer Who Shot and Killed Australian Justine Damond Had Two Complaints Against Him
The friend added that Noor feel he has been “thrown under the bus” by his colleagues, adding: “His colleagues are accusing him of not showing proper police conduct on Saturday night.”
Noor shot Ms Damond, who had phoned police to report a possible sexual assault, once in the abdomen and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her fiancee, Don Damond, has described her death as a “homicide” and is demanding a federal investigation into her death.

rahu

Banned
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternativ...le-horrified-by-what-he-let-slip-3534619.html

Minnesota was recently thrust into mayhem after a once-lauded Somali-American police officer shot and murdered an innocent, unarmed woman. Although he’s remained silent and uncooperative with investigators, it appears that the man has finally broken his silence – but it only made everything worse as folks were left horrified by what he let slip.

At the time of Damond’s death, Noor apparently had 3 complaints made against him in two years, which includes a lawsuit. As if that wasn’t bad enough, 2 of those complaints were still under investigation as well.

Beyond that, neighbors have since exposed that Noor had a short fuse that often triggered him going off for little or no reason at all. Nevertheless, it’s Noor’s misogynistic view of women and racist attitude toward blacks that left those who knew him perplexed as to how he could be a police officer in the first place.

Unfortunately, that sentiment has just been made worse by the fact that Noor’s attorney has since requested an independent autopsy on Justine’s body. Based on Mail Online, it appears like Noor is attempting to find a way to blame his victim as they claim to believe she was on “sleeping pills” at the time of her murder – as if that somehow excuses what he did.

In essence here, the Muslim man does not want to be held accountable for his crimes and is not only attempting to make himself look like the victim but is expressing that it’s Justine’s fault that she’s dead.

rahu

Banned