Att: BobZemco

07.Re

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231766&postcount=38

I'm really trying to get my head around this one and have some questions on the significators:

Loni Anderson's chart:

a. Why did we identify the fifth house ruler, i.e Saturn in Cancer deposited by the Moon and then not use either Saturn or the Moon in predicting marriage age?

b. We look for planets in both fifth and seventh house. If there were planets in either of these two houses, what do we do with them? How do we use them as significators? Do we look at aspects?

Robbie Coltrane's chart:

a. Mercury rules fifth house. Mercury is found in Aries, deposited by Mars. Why aren't we using Mars as a significator? Is it because Mercury and Mars are in mutual reception?

b. Are we using Saturn as a significtor, simply because Saturn is the Asc ruler?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now in my chart, I used the traditional ruler of the seventh house (Jupiter) as a significator and Mercury (being Asc ruler and the depositor of my fifth house ruler) and I was able to correctly calculate marriage age.

But this technique doesn't match the two examples you've shown us.

I'm just finding too many variables to safely formulate a "set in stone" calculation which I can rely on to be accurate in determining marriage age.

BobZemco

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231766&postcount=38

I'm really trying to get my head around this one and have some questions on the significators:

Loni Anderson's chart:

a. Why did we identify the fifth house ruler, i.e Saturn in Cancer deposited by the Moon and then not use either Saturn or the Moon in predicting marriage age?

b. We look for planets in both fifth and seventh house. If there were planets in either of these two houses, what do we do with them? How do we use them as significators? Do we look at aspects?

Robbie Coltrane's chart:

a. Mercury rules fifth house. Mercury is found in Aries, deposited by Mars. Why aren't we using Mars as a significator? Is it because Mercury and Mars are in mutual reception?

b. Are we using Saturn as a significtor, simply because Saturn is the Asc ruler?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now in my chart, I used the traditional ruler of the seventh house (Jupiter) as a significator and Mercury (being Asc ruler and the depositor of my fifth house ruler) and I was able to correctly calculate marriage age.

But this technique doesn't match the two examples you've shown us.

I'm just finding too many variables to safely formulate a "set in stone" calculation which I can rely on to be accurate in determining marriage age.

Astrology is like Differential Calculus.

There is no set Magic Bullet formula for anything.

If you were to liken astrology to language, then the Planets, Signs, Houses, Dispositors and Almutens are letters of an alphabet.

For marriage you would take...

Ascendant
Ascendant Ruler
5th House Ruler
Dispositor 5th House
Planets in 5th House
7th House Ruler
Dispositor 7th House Ruler
Planets in the 7th House
(and Part of Fortune in it's Dispositor was the Ascendant Ruler, 5th House Ruler or 7th House Ruler)

...then mix them up to form words like...

wedlock
nuptials
matrimony
coupling
mating
conjugal relation
marriage

...and all those words are different and use different letters but mean the same thing.

The symbolism is simple:

Ascendant, Ascendant Ruler, Dispositor Ascendant Ruler (if there is one) means You.

5th House Ruler, Dispositor 5th House and Planets in 5th House means Romance

7th House Ruler, Dispositor 7th House Ruler and Planets in the 7th House means Partner/Relationship

You + Romance + Partner/Relationship = Marriage

You can substitute 2nd House Ruler, Dispositor 2nd House and Planets in 2nd House means Business

You + Business + Partner/Relationship = Business Partnership

You can substitute 11th House Ruler, Dispositor 11th House and Planets in 11th House means Group

You + Group + Partner/Relationship = Musical Group

Of course the Dispositor of the Ascendant, 7th House Ruler or 11th House ruler or one of the Planets in the Ascendant, 7th House or 11th House would have to be the House Ruler for the 5th House in order to make that happen (or the Almuten of those Houses which is often, but not always, the Sign Ruler).

That's very simplistic and you really can't reduce it down more than that.

And that may be the problem with Rose Murray's book. She may have tried to dumb it down to Venus/Mars and it just doesn't work, or she didn't explain that it involves the rulers of the 1st/5th/7th.

I'm inclined to believe that she just didn't explain it well, because I know she used Diana's chart and in that chart for her marriage to Prince Charles, directed Mercury in and ruling the 7th House makes a sextile with natal Venus in and ruling the 5th House, plus directed Venus makes a trine with natal Moon who is the Dispositor of Mercury (even though Gemini is on the 7th House Cusp, Mercury is in Cancer in the 7th House of Lady Diana's chart).

In that instance it appears to be a very clear case of marriage with two such indicators, but that isn't true because the Moon is in Lady Diana's 2nd House and rules Cancer on the 8th House Cusp, plus Mercury rules the MC, so it isn't just a case of marriage, it is also a significant change in status, position and wealth for her.

07.Re

There is no set Magic Bullet formula for anything.

****, this is what I was looking for. :pinched:

See, other than astrology, another passion of mine is creating scrumptious pastries and cakes. But I know that when I follow a tried and tested recipe, what I'm baking won't turn out to be a disaster.

Pity though that in astrology there is no tried and tested recipe. My analytical nature seeks comfort in it. :smile:

BobZemco

0.7Re helped me out with this... okay she did almost everything but i did get up to the 5th house disposited by saturn thingy.:biggrin:

Asc and ruler of Asc at 0° Scorpio
5th house : Pisces ruled
7th house: Taurus ruled
5th house ruler: Jupiter in Cap deposited by Saturn
5th house modern ruler: Netpune deposited by Saturn

the square made between Asc/Pluto and Neptune gives us 28°.

Jupiter already trines Venus.
Neptune already trine Venus.
Venus is passed an opposition to the Asc/Pluto

yes/no?

I don't use Uranus, Neptune or Pluto so I don't know if they work or not. I suppose in theory it would, but there is a lot of argument about the rulerships, exaltation, detriments and falls of the outer Planets, so that of course affects who the dispositors might be.

I do look at the Outers in natal, event and mundane charts, but only for confirmation and clarification.

I also use a different rulership scheme. In my book, Uranus being the upper octave of Mercury is the co-ruler of Virgo. I don't subscribe to Uranus rules Aquarius and totally reject that.

That's why in natal charts where you see Mercury in the 7th House square Uranus in the 10th House these are very successful people who are excellent communicators and leaders and when Gemini and Virgo are on the 7th and 10th House Cusps those people are VERY powerful people and typically very wealthy.