Astrology software for mobile device

pwadm

Staff member
Hi

I find myself more and more in need of an astrological device to help me better run my life. I just made a wrong decision as I didn't know the Moon was VOC and wasted time and efforts, as well as missing an opportunity.

Do you guys thought at this as well? Does anyone carry a PDA with some astrology software installed or has some software that can be installed on the mobile phone? [that would be perfect, in order not to carry to devices]

So my question is - is there an astrology software that can be used on mobile devices?

Thanks!

sageofaquarius

Hi Radu

Happy 3rd forum birthday for yesterday!

Hope Nexus7 doesn't mind me mentioning this, but she had a problem recently concerning Astro Win CE software on her PDA. She sorted it, I believe, so maybe could give advice on its usefulness and any drawbacks.

sage

pwadm

Staff member
Thanks. Was it the software or Mercury retrograde responsable for the problems? :)

Ok, I searched for and found AstroWinCE here. What options does this program offer? it doesn't specifically say on the website.

sageofaquarius

It was a download or operating problem experienced before Mercury Rx. Curiously, Mercury was less than 1° from exact conjunct my Sun which is probably why I weighed in with my two-pennyworth when I don't even own a PDA. I thought Astro Win CE could be a mobile program from Astrology for Windows (which I use), the shortcut abbreviation for which is AstroWin. Wrong!

Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7837&highlight=software

There are a couple of links in one of my posts to sites supplying this software. Better to PM Nexus7 and ask her opinion.

Nexus7

I have astrowin on my PDA now and am pretty well pleased with it. At some point I am suposed to register it in the fullness of time. Ihad to wait a while for astro win to send me a password before I could get my download, but everything was fine once I got that.

Nexus7

It can show up transits outside the chart wheel and do synastries too, though no interpretations. Also there is no Chiron or asteroids.

However, you do not need an atlas or anything else and probably the charts could be emailed or bluetoothed, though I have not tried that option yet.

I would say it is great for what it is.

Nexus7

It can do composites too and you are allowed to set up your preferred house system, colour choices and aspect orbs. But I will be checking out the link you have out here too.

pwadm

Staff member
Just to let you know that I contacted the AstroPocket programmer to find out about further developments and learnt that it'll be also available for Windows Mobile operating systems, like AstroWinCE, and will include lots of modules, including horary - which is what I am primarily looking for.

While further looking for astrology software I found Astrocadabra , which looks fabulous and has lots of features.

am_chart.gif

sageofaquarius

Many thanks for that, demetrius. Nice they're using the Uranus symbol for the app. It says it works on the iPad - does anyone know if it'll work on iMac too?

sageofaquarius

Thanks once again, demetrius. The program certainly looks both attractive and professional. I've sent a message to Mikhail asking about possible iMac availability. I'll keep you posted should he reply.
Typically, I've just paid £70 to have Windows installed on my iMac so I can run the astrowin program!

sageofaquarius

Mikhail wrote: "I plan to make a program for iMac but it costs $99 for me to buy a permission to publish it on AppStore. So if I see any serious interest to my iPhone application in the nearest future, it will be worthwhile to create an iMac analog and I will start immediately."

Nexus7

I think I encountered Abracadabra, I installed on my old PDA, whose battery is now defunct. What I found strange was the way that the symbols and glyphs seemed to migrate onto other applications. But I could be wrong and it was another programme that did that.

Some other glytch happened and I lost my astrowin programme on my PDA and when I installed it again, it did not show planetary degrees when I tapped over them. I coughed up quite a bit of money to have the full version, not the demo, on one site, that still did not solve the problem.

It installed successfully on my Omnia i900, still without showng degrees, so it is not so good for looking at transits now. Recently I have been trying out a Nokia N97, but seems like as with Apple, apps are a closed shop and the Symbian/Nokia shop is more limited than Apple too. It doesn't look as though I wil be able to get astrowin installed on it at all, so I might see if I can get it swapped for an Omnia 2, which is still stuck with boring old Windows, but where astro-win can install without a problem and if the finger-only catch can be worked out, then maybe a Galaxy Android will do the trick.

Which smartphones/tablets support the most astro-programmes - curious to know now.

Anyone know how to get round Nokia-Symbian restrictions on software downloading, do let me know

sageofaquarius

Hello again, Nexus7. You might find it helpful to contact John Halloran at www.halloran.com for answers to at least some of your technical problems. He and I had an email conversation about astrowin as I was preparing to load Windows onto my iMac and it was very useful.

Incidentally, he is also planning to organise a working astrologers' co-operative which might appeal to some astrology weekly members. Anyone interested should visit http://astrology.democrasoft.com within the next couple of months.